New grower seeking advice and help

• Thread starter Thc.Grower20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
You must be Canadian also... They are out of Vancouver... I never had an issue the one time I ordered but thier rep is iffy.
Yeah I was worried, but I trust my friend and so far he was right. But the reviews are very iffy

Thc.Grower20

Thc.Grower20

What do you guys do as far as water? Just tap water adjust the ph. What do you do as far as chlorine in the tap water?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What do you guys do as far as water? Just tap water adjust the ph. What do you do as far as chlorine in the tap water?
The amount of chlorine or chloramines is not an issue... I'm sure some may disagree with me but imo it does not make any significant changes.

Depending on source water ppm you may want to mix with RO. However in soil it's a lot more forgiving.

In terms of ph I suggest not Phing your nutrients as a properly buffered soil will do this for you unlike in hydro

I open to discussion of anything I said if anyone would like.

You can google your local water report to get an idea of the makeup. If you need help understanding it just ask.

For the most part you want a ppm of less than 200ppm but even more can be ok depending on the makeup. 100-150 is what I consider perfect water to start with.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
The amount of chlorine or chloramines is not an issue... I'm sure some may disagree with me but imo it does not make any significant changes.

Depending on source water ppm you may want to mix with RO. However in soil it's a lot more forgiving.

In terms of ph I suggest not Phing your nutrients as a properly buffered soil will do this for you unlike in hydro

I open to discussion of anything I said if anyone would like.

You can google your local water report to get an idea of the makeup. If you need help understanding it just ask.

For the most part you want a ppm of less than 200ppm but even more can be ok depending on the makeup. 100-150 is what I consider perfect water to start with.

Man, I kind of want to try using my tap water now. I’m on a well, lots of clay in the ground. When I checked, my tap water was around 7.6 pH and less than 100 ppm. Being my first grow I decided to just buy some 5 gallon jugs and use RO to be safe.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Man, I kind of want to try using my tap water now. I’m on a well, lots of clay in the ground. When I checked, my tap water was around 7.6 pH and less than 100 ppm. Being my first grow I decided to just buy some 5 gallon jugs and use RO to be safe.
Ph means nothing bro. It's alkalinity that's important most people confuse the 2 as interchangeable but they are not. I can go into more detail if ya like but unless that well is all iron I would be using it. Now if you have a water softener do not use the water after the softener it exchanges calcium and magnesium for sodium... Not so plant friendly.

100ppm well water is most growers dream lol

Thc.Grower20

Thc.Grower20

Ok dont laugh like I said I'm new. How do you check the ppm? Just like a ph reader. And its probably shit Massachusetts water anyway

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok dont laugh like I said I'm new. How do you check the ppm? Just like a ph reader. And its probably shit Massachusetts water anyway
EC meter you can get them cheap to get by but a good ph meter that's calibratable is best but not necessarily a must over a cheap one. Even drop or strips will work but I prefer ph pens. Ph and ppm meters are always a good idea. Something like this is a get ya by kinda kit.
https://www.amazon.com/TDS-EC-Temp-...eter&qid=1588826658&sprefix=ph+and+ppm&sr=8-1

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That way you can measure your ppm of nutrient strength, runoff and source water. And the ph of the same. Its very important information to have when growing imo

Top Bottom