new grower, stems growing sideways and possible deficiency?

• Thread starter StonedCharlie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StonedCharlie

Hello, I posted a bit ago about some transplant worries and my little girl recovered very well. She’s adjusted to her new home however I’m noticing some of her leaves are developing with holes in them (no sign of pests due to it being in fresh soil and monitored from transplant) however these leaves don’t look like they’re being eaten rather than just burning away possibly? Not sure what’s going on exactly but any insight would be helpful. I’m using the fox farm happy frog soil now and I’m getting fox farm nutrient trio on Monday.

New grower stems growing sideways and possible deficiency
New grower stems growing sideways and possible deficiency 2
New grower stems growing sideways and possible deficiency 3
New grower stems growing sideways and possible deficiency 4
2Bad

2Bad

Well make sure it's got good airflow meaning the leaves move slightly. And stems do grow sideways naturally. All you can do is keep an eye or get sticky traps from a hydro store. Maybe someone will be familiar. Do the white specs come off when you wipe it?

S

StonedCharlie

Well make sure it's got good airflow meaning the leaves move slightly. And stems do grow sideways naturally. All you can do is keep an eye or get sticky traps from a hydro store. Maybe someone will be familiar. Do the white specs come off when you wipe it?
I’ll have to give this a try, should I wet the leaves then widow them? I think it’s some form of ph imbalance since some leaves are developing yellow tips (the leaves near the bottom) this is my first grow

visajoe1

visajoe1

dont touch her for a couple days, let the soil dry out. when the pot is light to lift, ok to feed now

what do you plan to use for nutrients?

S

StonedCharlie

dont touch her for a couple days, let the soil dry out. when the pot is light to lift, ok to feed now

what do you plan to use for nutrients?
I bought the fox farm trio pack on Amazon for nutrient feeding. I’ve done no feeding besides from plain water out the tap

visajoe1

visajoe1

I bought the fox farm trio pack on Amazon for nutrient feeding. I’ve done no feeding besides from plain water out the tap
shes ready for food. follow the instructions for veg week 1, give her this for 2 wet/dry cycles, with runoff, should take about a week. after this, follow the chart, but at 50% of listed amount, always with runoff. also, leave all the leaves on, dont touch her for now, just let her grow.

we're aiming for about 25% runoff when we feed or water

post an update for us next weekend

S

StonedCharlie

copy past the questions from this post here and answer them to your best knowledge
I never found the post you were talking about, and I understand what you meant by taco leaves but that’s just how they start when they grow on this plant, they’ve all started that way and flattened out

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I never found the post you were talking about, and I understand what you meant by taco leaves but that’s just how they start when they grow on this plant, they’ve all started that way and flattened out
loll, did i forget to past the link. haha

they don't grow having taco leaves. They get taco leaves when the temps and vpd goes out of wack.

S

StonedCharlie

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
Any Pests? None
What Strain is it? Unknown
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Unknown
Is it in vegetative or flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in vegetative stage... How Long? Stunted growth during seeling stage so its been growing for a few months now
If in flowering stage... How Long?
How many plants? 1
If Soil... what is in your mix? Happy Frog
If Soil... what size pot? 5 Gallon pickle bucket with drill holes
if coco, how often are you feeding?
PH of reservoir?
PH of water prior to feeding? i checked the ph of the water from my tap was actually around 5.6 i applied ph Up and fixed this problem today
If Hydro, reservoir size?
If Hydro, reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
Is it air cooled? I have a desk fan ocalating on the plant
Temperature of Room/Tent? my apartment stays at 73
Humidity of room/Tent? not sure
How often are you watering? whenever the soil is dry, i use a stick and stick it into the soil well enough if its dry i water
Type and strength of fertilizers used? no fertilizers used yet
Size or square footage of room? growing inside my closet
Light manufacturer, height and what percentage is the light intensity? mars hydro ts 600
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? smallest mars hydro and 1 light

S

StonedCharlie

im very confused with how to read PPM and how to gauge runoff to be completely honest, ive always been so worried of overwatering the poor girl ive never given her to the point of draining out. the only nutes i have currently pplied was a small amount to the entire edge of the soil and some foliar spraying. of the solution, i made sure thay it was ph balanced. my tds pen says the solution is reading at like 2400 so im a bit confused if i need to calibrate it or not however im not sure how ill post the link to the meter i bought on amazon. ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095H4859G?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image ) i appreciate any advice even harsh

PK1

PK1

Supporter
what solution is the pen reading 2400?
If the plant hasn't been growing for the last month then its in shock. flush it 2x the pot size and then feed it with your nutrients.

S

StonedCharlie

They’re been new growth, I fixed the stunted growth and yeah it reads it as that high

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

The white/grey spots on your lower leaves might be evidence of thrips. Check the underside of the leaves with a magnifier, looking for the bugs themselves.

S

StonedCharlie

update pictures, still haven’t given it nutes. waiting for soil to dry before watering. i have applied the nutes via spray. It’s given it all new growth in leaves and nodes. still worried about the nute solution. should I remake it and try for a lower PPM? it still reads about 2000 on the pen I bought I’m not sure if I’m not reading it right or I made it wrong. I only used two tablespoons of the solution with a gallon distilled water from food lion. i even added a little extra water to dilute the solution a bit further but the Ppm remained the same

Top Bottom