new grower, stems growing sideways and possible deficiency?

• Thread starter StonedCharlie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

update pictures, still haven’t given it nutes. waiting for soil to dry before watering. i have applied the nutes via spray. It’s given it all new growth in leaves and nodes. still worried about the nute solution. should I remake it and try for a lower PPM? it still reads about 2000 on the pen I bought I’m not sure if I’m not reading it right or I made it wrong. I only used two tablespoons of the solution with a gallon distilled water from food lion. i even added a little extra water to dilute the solution a bit further but the Ppm remained the same
You didn't dilute enough.. 2000ppm means you need about 4x the water then you do right now. trust me it's a small learning curve but you should be able to conquer it. Cute picture tho looking healthy. make sure any leaves laying on the soil get pruned off that's where pathogens live.

S

StonedCharlie

You didn't dilute enough.. 2000ppm means you need about 4x the water then you do right now. trust me it's a small learning curve but you should be able to conquer it. Cute picture tho looking healthy. make sure any leaves laying on the soil get pruned off that's where pathogens live.
Thank you, I’ll get onto diluting the solution now! Thank you

S

StonedCharlie

after about a week and some change of feeding and water and Sarah is looking much different and more beautiful. Trying to get her to grow more like a bush and less like a tree at the moment but she’s doing so much better than ever.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Sarah looks good, but she is not happy. did you get your hands on a digital hygrometer to see what your temps and humidity is at?
i would also do a LST to bring light to lower leaves VS snipping the leaves away like in your 1st page

S

StonedCharlie

please explain? she’s currently growing in my closet and I don’t have hygrometer, I’ll look into one after this post. I know the temp in my apt is always at 73 f as far as humidity it’s winter in my area so I’m not sure. I also will look up what LST is.

S

StonedCharlie

I’ve been trying LST with the sticks but I’ve only been clipping for new growth which I’ve stopped yesterday

H

heatkelly

I don't really know if what is happening is wrong but I think there should not be a problem. I had a lot of friends that grew weed and their stems would grow sideways from time to time. They didn't make a big deal out of it and still sold the weed at the normal price. I wonder if you have clients that want to buy your weed because it is now legal and you can buy it from the store. I like to order it from companies that have dispensary track and trace so that I know where my weed is at and when it will arrive. I wonder if people still buy from you even without all these new things.

S

StonedCharlie

due to moving out and stuff I’ve had to clip and make clones for transport. i can’t let her grow too big since I’m moving either. She’s definitely grown up with all your tips and help. i unfortunstely have to switch her to flower sooner than I wanted since I move out in a month

2Bad

2Bad

due to moving out and stuff I’ve had to clip and make clones for transport. i can’t let her grow too big since I’m moving either. She’s definitely grown up with all your tips and help. i unfortunstely have to switch her to flower sooner than I wanted since I move out in a month
Good luck man!

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Don’t forget the microbes bruv. Soil needs a little life even with the FF nutes. Recharge has helped me as well as voodoo juice (sorry but not sorry, AN nutes have served me well). They are like buffers for us rookies who fuck up all the time, lol.

S

StonedCharlie

Don’t forget the microbes bruv. Soil needs a little life even with the FF nutes. Recharge has helped me as well as voodoo juice (sorry but not sorry, AN nutes have served me well). They are like buffers for us rookies who fuck up all the time, lol.
Definitely going to look into that with my next grow since I’ll have more time and space to focus on grows than a small closet too

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Definitely going to look into that with my next grow since I’ll have more time and space to focus on grows than a small closet too
Its never too late. I usually run into problems mid to late flower because my soil tends to build up salts from nutes. Recharge has humid/Fulvic acids and work well with the microbes. I had great results from AN but I’m moving more toward organic. I don’t have time to manage all those fn bottles of nutes.

grnmtn

grnmtn

I don't really know if what is happening is wrong but I think there should not be a problem. I had a lot of friends that grew weed and their stems would grow sideways from time to time. They didn't make a big deal out of it and still sold the weed at the normal price. I wonder if you have clients that want to buy your weed because it is now legal and you can buy it from the store. I like to order it from companies that have dispensary track and trace so that I know where my weed is at and when it will arrive. I wonder if people still buy from you even without all these new things.
Most people I know buy based on quality and price. If his quality is comparable to the store and the price is cheaper he should be just fine.

grnmtn

grnmtn

You said you were moving in a month? So you're moving your grow in a month too? Plants handle stress much better in veg rather than in flower. So I would get them in their final home and then flower. You can keep topping to keep size down for a month. Just my two cents.

S

StonedCharlie

You said you were moving in a month? So you're moving your grow in a month too? Plants handle stress much better in veg rather than in flower. So I would get them in their final home and then flower. You can keep topping to keep size down for a month. Just my two cents.
Yes I’m moving in June but honestly the problem is that I’m moving into a temporary housing until mine is ready end of June. But I definitely am writing that down for future grows. my new place will have an entire room dedicated to grows

Top Bottom