New grower trying to grow with coco and a drip irrigation system

• Thread starter newbeegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newbeegrower

I have a 4x4 tent and i want to start my first grow in coco, ive done lots of research for my grow but cant find a direct answer for this question. I want to build a drip irrigation system but does the gph rate matter for watering my plants as in does the flow of water make a difference, like does it matter how long it takes to water the plant. Also how do i know how much water i need for my plant. Is it true i should only water untill i see runoff or do i still need 10-20% with the drip irrigation system? How can i figure out how much water they need without having to over water/underwater for my plant to tell me if it needs more or less. Ive read some people watering multiple times a day and getting 10-20% runoff after all the waterings or should i have 10-20% every water session( for later in the grow obviously i wont need to water babies more then once a day). Also i dont mind mixing the nutes every day or 2 so how do i know how big of a resivour i need? Ive read that drip irrigation kits arent really good and i should diy my own, where should i buy the equipment and what are some recommended water pumps. I plan to start my plants in 1g pots and transplant to 5g pots later on. For my babies do i give them nutes since coco has none on its own or do i feed them plain phd water for yhe first couple weeks? So if i were to get a system does it matter the flow of water or do i just turn on the pump and time until i get my desired runoff to figure out how long i need to put my timer on for

K

khaliray

I have a 4x4 tent and i want to start my first grow in coco, ive done lots of research for my grow but cant find a direct answer for this question. I want to build a drip irrigation system but does the gph rate matter for watering my plants as in does the flow of water make a difference, like does it matter how long it takes to water the plant. Also how do i know how much water i need for my plant. Is it true i should only water untill i see runoff or do i still need 10-20% with the drip irrigation system? How can i figure out how much water they need without having to over water/underwater for my plant to tell me if it needs more or less. Ive read some people watering multiple times a day and getting 10-20% runoff after all the waterings or should i have 10-20% every water session( for later in the grow obviously i wont need to water babies more then once a day). Also i dont mind mixing the nutes every day or 2 so how do i know how big of a resivour i need? Ive read that drip irrigation kits arent really good and i should diy my own, where should i buy the equipment and what are some recommended water pumps. I plan to start my plants in 1g pots and transplant to 5g pots later on. For my babies do i give them nutes since coco has none on its own or do i feed them plain phd water for yhe first couple weeks? So if i were to get a system does it matter the flow of water or do i just turn on the pump and time until i get my desired runoff to figure out how long i need to put my timer on for
When it comes to building a drip irrigation system, the GPH (Gallons Per Hour) rate does matter, but not necessarily in the way you might think. The flow of water does make a difference, especially in coco, as you want to ensure your plants receive adequate hydration without causing waterlogging or nutrient buildup. Aim for a slower drip rate to allow the water to penetrate the coco medium effectively.

Determining how much water your plants need can be a bit of trial and error, especially initially. Start by watering until you see runoff, but don't necessarily aim for a specific percentage. Instead, focus on ensuring that the entire root zone receives moisture. As your plants grow, you'll get a better sense of their water requirements and adjust accordingly.

As for the reservoir size, it's good that you're open to mixing nutrients every day or two. This means you can opt for a smaller reservoir size initially and adjust as needed based on your plants' consumption.

Regarding drip irrigation kits, while some may not meet your needs, DIY setups can be effective. You can find the necessary equipment at hydroponic stores or online retailers specializing in gardening supplies. Look for reliable water pumps that provide consistent flow rates.

For your seedlings in 1-gallon pots, it's best to start with plain pH-adjusted water for the first couple of weeks. Coco doesn't contain nutrients, so you'll need to introduce them gradually as your plants develop.

When setting up your drip system, start by observing how long it takes to achieve your desired runoff. This will help you determine the appropriate watering duration for your timer.

N

newbeegrower

When it comes to building a drip irrigation system, the GPH (Gallons Per Hour) rate does matter, but not necessarily in the way you might think. The flow of water does make a difference, especially in coco, as you want to ensure your plants receive adequate hydration without causing waterlogging or nutrient buildup. Aim for a slower drip rate to allow the water to penetrate the coco medium effectively.

Determining how much water your plants need can be a bit of trial and error, especially initially. Start by watering until you see runoff, but don't necessarily aim for a specific percentage. Instead, focus on ensuring that the entire root zone receives moisture. As your plants grow, you'll get a better sense of their water requirements and adjust accordingly.

As for the reservoir size, it's good that you're open to mixing nutrients every day or two. This means you can opt for a smaller reservoir size initially and adjust as needed based on your plants' consumption.

Regarding drip irrigation kits, while some may not meet your needs, DIY setups can be effective. You can find the necessary equipment at hydroponic stores or online retailers specializing in gardening supplies. Look for reliable water pumps that provide consistent flow rates.

For your seedlings in 1-gallon pots, it's best to start with plain pH-adjusted water for the first couple of weeks. Coco doesn't contain nutrients, so you'll need to introduce them gradually as your plants develop.

When setting up your drip system, start by observing how long it takes to achieve your desired runoff. This will help you determine the appropriate watering duration for your timer.
Thank you, This was extremely helpful

Top Bottom