New Grower, Trying to help my babies

• Thread starter GrimHarvest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrimHarvest

GrimHarvest

Hi all,
Before I start I apologize for my English.
I'm a newish cannabis grower and running into some issues I've not seen in the past so early in stages. I have 4 currently in seedling stage from an older grow. One (CG) "Colorado Glue", aka GG etc, and three (CD) Cherry Diesel's. They where all sprouted in the cup domes to keep humidity up and removed once the first set of leaves grew. The CG has a 1 week head start from the CD's. The main issues appeared almost within 24 hours of removing the domes.
They are under a 1000w LED @ 30" above now to rule out light burn.
Used FF Happyfrog as the soil, So far I have only used Ph 6.5-6.6 RO water. Every 3-4 days depending on how fast they dry out.
CG x1 planted 9/26
CD x3 planted 10/6
Temp range 77-72
Humidity ranges 30-50% <Very dry here getting a humidifier for this.
I have Foxfarm Trio set and some Calmag I just haven't added any nute's until I get this figured correctly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Photo's below are from the "CG" plant only. The CD's are experiencing a similar effect just not as bad and they are also much smaller still.

10/22
New grower trying to help my babies

10/22

New grower trying to help my babies 2

10/24
New grower trying to help my babies 3

Today 10/26
New grower trying to help my babies 4

New grower trying to help my babies 5

Last watered 10/23

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
So reading your description, happy frog alone isn’t really the most jam packed soil. At the 3 week point, you are definitely going to want to get on a nutrient regimen, with ff start half strength. Done follow that dumb pamphlet they send you. If you have been using ro, and you also were watering to run off, not only where you robbing the plant of cal mag, you may have been washing your soil too. Double wammy. So def fix the cal mag issue, maybe consider an up pot to replenish the medium with nutes. And start a feed regimen.

GrimHarvest

GrimHarvest

Tap here has way to many treatments in it so I never use tap for any of my plants.
Ph just re calibrated looks like its sitting 6.0-6.1 now.

So I soaked the soil after they germinated just once, after that they got sprayed every morning until I popped the tops off. They started this after that.
I did start water after that so this is possible it has been right at 3 weeks in the soil here. I just mixed a gal of RO water w/ Big bloom & Cal-mag. I haven't watered yet but the Ph reading is after these have been mixed.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Tap here has way to many treatments in it so I never use tap for any of my plants.

So I soaked the soil after they germinated just once, after that they got sprayed every morning until I popped the tops off. They started this after that.
I did start water after that so this is possible it has been right at 3 weeks in the soil here. I just mixed a gal of RO water w/ Big bloom & Cal-mag. I haven't watered yet but the Ph reading is after these have been mixed.
Never spray with the lights on. Bad juju. Always wait for lights out, then spray. Especially under led. 👊🏻😀

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

I wouldn’t really worry about the ph too much. The soil you are in has buffers. As long as you aren’t hot alkaline or hot acidic.

GrimHarvest

GrimHarvest

Today was suppose to be the first full feeding which now I feel like I might have waited too long or was it possibly using the RO water I need to start adding calmag earlier?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Today was suppose to be the first full feeding which now I feel like I might have waited too long or was it possibly using the RO water I need to start adding calmag earlier?
Nailed it. Generally most tap water has acceptable ranges of calcium and magnesium in it already, ro is generally used in coco applications, but calmag 3 ml a gallon is supplemented from jump street. It’s very possible this is the issue, coupled with some damage from spraying with the lights on (possibly) so yeah man, feed them. 👊🏻

GrimHarvest

GrimHarvest

Fingers Crossed, I feed here in 15 then its lights out for 6. I'll remember not to spray while lights are on, I never noticed any issue before but I also never used LED so it's been kind of a trail n error this go around.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Also, work proper wet dry cycles homie, feed them, but wait to feed again until they are light, not wilting, but light. Maybe boost your little pots to allow air flow underneath.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Fingers Crossed, I feed here in 15 then its lights out for 6. I'll remember not to spray while lights are on, I never noticed any issue before but I also never used LED so it's been kind of a trail n error this go around.
Hey man, it’s all good, making the switch has it curveballs, in either direction. stick around, keep posting and the brigade will come out of the woodwork. You have some damage, but it’s negligible at this point buddy. We get those on a full veg stride, they will be good as new in a couple weeks.

GrimHarvest

GrimHarvest

Also, work proper wet dry cycles homie, feed them, but wait to feed again until they are light, not wilting, but light. Maybe boost your little pots to allow air flow underneath.
Will do my best! It's extremely low humidity & these small pots dried up quick is why I watered them every 3 days or so. Never had any wilt thankfully even though we have almost 0 humidity here.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Will do my best! It's extremely low humidity & these small pots dried up quick is why I watered them every 3 days or so. Never had any wilt thankfully even though we have almost 0 humidity here.
Whoa, damn, get a humidifier if you can. That will def help.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
My veg room fluctuates between 55-70 percent, I keep heavy airflow so it’s really a nice grow space at those levels. If you can isolate your area and get that rh up, they will thank you.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Got one in the mail already! Yeah I left TX @ 100% humidity to CO with 0 😭
I’m a Texas head. It has its pluses, but definitely has minuses, it’s 80% humidity today. Makes me have to crank up vent and circulation a bunch in the flower room. I know how it is. I’d def be tripping on 0% humidity, funny thing? I plan on moving to grand junction in 2 years. I know what I must do hahahaha

Latest posts

Top Bottom