New grower who needs HELP

• Thread starter beginnergrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beginnergrower

beginnergrower

Hi! I’m a very beginner grower and I need some serious help. Little backstory - My sister gave me some of her bud about 2 months ago, I found a seed, decided to germinate it, and now I have a plant that is about 15 inches tall, very sparce, and looks just awful. I purchased soil that is supposed to be great for cannabis plants, I have a grow light on it for about 12 hours a day, keep the room slightly warm, and water regularly. The plant looks very thin and dormant, with lots of dead leaves. Again, I’ve never done this before and I don’t know the strain. Please check out the pictures and tell me what I’m doing wrong!! Is this plant too far gone to be saved?? Thank you!!

New grower who needs help
New grower who needs help 2
New grower who needs help 3
New grower who needs help 4
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Give us the details. What dirt, how much and often do you water, are you feeding it, if so what, how much, how often, what light, distance of light, ph, temps, humidity?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would just kill that thing, it's not worth the electricity the light uses even.
Start over with a fast growing Auto strain instead, it will be a much better and more motivating grow experience.

beginnergrower

beginnergrower

Here is the soil, feed, and light that I use. The light is about 12-14 inches from the plant, but I have the ability to move it closer. Again, I’m not experienced so I’m just trying to learn from this plant.

B37461DB D58E 4E22 B7E8 9C336CA08366
8E9CA0EE E408 4E43 B91F 6A85544A5842
60B6F659 75CF 4842 9FEC E6462DDA504C
beginnergrower

beginnergrower

Give us the details. What dirt, how much and often do you water, are you feeding it, if so what, how much, how often, what light, distance of light, ph, temps, humidity?

Here is the soil, feed, and light that I use. The light is about 12-14 inches from the plant, but I have the ability to move it closer. Again, I’m not experienced so I’m just trying to learn from this plant.

DA037EC4 AEF0 43DB 9378 1A7D271D9B10
3F549659 4CD4 4680 B2A8 6035A07F54E6
1BC61314 67DE 47C7 A49F 8F2DC5068A61
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you’ll need much better light to get the job done.
what about temp and humidity control?
where are you growing it?

beginnergrower

beginnergrower

you’ll need much better light to get the job done.
what about temp and humidity control?
where are you growing it?

I’m just growing it in a well lit room with a small room heater. I normally keep it around 75F degrees, but it gets to about 80F sometimes. To be honest, I have no idea the humidity of the room, but I do have a small humidifier that I keep on low for about 6 hrs a day. Sorry to be so vague with my answers but thanks for taking the time to answer

beginnergrower

beginnergrower

I’m just growing it in a well lit room with a small room heater. I normally keep it around 75F degrees, but it gets to about 80F sometimes. To be honest, I have no idea the humidity of the room, but I do have a small humidifier that I keep on low for about 6 hrs a day. Sorry to be so vague with my answers but thanks for taking the time to answer

what light would you recommend?

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

A “600 or “1000” quantum board light would be good for 1 plant or 2 small ones. Good choice of dirt. I would use a more balanced fertilizer, something more like a 1-3-3 ratio. Your temps are fine and your humidity is probably good too unless you live in a desert.

beginnergrower

beginnergrower

A “600 or “1000” quantum board light would be good for 1 plant or 2 small ones. Good choice of dirt. I would use a more balanced fertilizer, something more like a 1-3-3 ratio. Your temps are fine and your humidity is probably good too unless you live in a desert.

thank you!!

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Put her out of her misery and if you really want to grow cannabis right, you will need to do a little more homework so you are somewhat more prepared. Once you have done some research and figured out what you want to do, then start 👍

plantlover84

plantlover84

Hey! I think it's smart you're starting off with a "cheap" seed to learn on. It's not worth spending big bucks on an expensive strain that you may kill. Perfect to practice on seeds you find. First things first, yes I agree with others that you need to get a better grow light. An LED quantum board is the way to go, they won't get too hot so you don't need to worry about getting an exhaust fan or anything like that. I've seen decent ones on Amazon in the past. I also agree with others to get a more balanced fertilizer. NPK stands for nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium. Nitrogen is very important for vegetative growth, it synthesizes amino acids, helps the plant grow chlorophyll and much more. Your fertilizer is very low in nitrogen which won't help the plant grow. Here's a link that will further explain what nutrients a cannabis plant needs: https://www.grobo.io/blogs/growing/what-nutrients-do-cannabis-plants-need. You could use your fertilizer once the plant starts flowering, as phosphorus is great for promoting blooms. As for your next grow, I would look into researching training techniques. Most often this is trimming or manipulating the plant in various ways to promote a bushier shape, so you get higher yields. Here is a link that briefly explains various training techniques: https://www.grobo.io/blogs/growing/10-advanced-cannabis-growing-techniques. Your temp and humidity look good too. Soil is also a great choice, just make sure your pot has drainage holes so the plant doesn't rot. Good luck with your future plants!

Latest posts

Top Bottom