New grower with a few questions.

• Thread starter Ripvanwinkle24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ripvanwinkle24

Hi all, I'm a medical patient in MT and had a few questions. I have a 4x4 space with 1000w hps and am growing lavender, and afgooey. My questions where how do i make the lavender turn more purple i read a few different things about cooling down the room for the last 2 weeks i also read to put ice on top of the soil as it slows nitrogen from being delivered to the roots but i am not sure of either of these methods, and also would purplemax make it more purple? And last what sort of yeild should i expect to get from 6 medical plants?

B

blue

First off the yiled will depend on the conditions the plants are kept in also the ammount of veg time & growing method ie topping, lst, & so on .

You are right in saying that lower temps in the room may make the plants turn purple they may not as not all strains will do this.
You should not be worried about yiled more about the quality of your plant if you focus on yield you will become side tracked.

Once you know how to grow correctly & know the strain you are growing then you can focus on making the yiled bigger.

I hope this helps you brother good luck.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

Blue has it right. If your a noob, learn the basics first. Yield will come with experience, and dialing in a strain. Don't worry about purplemax, or purple anything, those who know, know that MOST purple strains are not the top of the food chain. Yes cooler temps can create purple hues. I would never put ice on top of my containers. A solid knowledge of the basics will do more for your development as a grower than any fancy nute line, gimmick or additive.

R

r z n b a l l

Of course if you gave us some pictures then we could always guess a yield..

J

jdubz206

You should not be worried about yiled more about the quality of your plant if you focus on yield you will become side tracked.

Once you know how to grow correctly & know the strain you are growing then you can focus on making the yiled bigger.

great advice there blue :clapping

hubcap

hubcap

blue and caress of steel offer good advice.

and i agree.
more bark than bite with most purps.

JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe

Premium Member
Supporter
all the purple strains ive seen @ a club>>test in the low % of thc.

Blue and carress of steel<<<GREAT advice>>>yields will come with the dialing of the strain/room...

run the SAME strain...over and over till you NAIL it...

this will teach you the different ways of manipulating your plants<<<to get em to fit in to YOUR growing methods.

purple colors tend to pull in lil more $$$, not better herb.

the color and flavor being the pull tword purple.

most of the purple plants ive grown are SLOW in growing and LOW in yielding.

B

blue

When I first started out I ran NL & skunk #1 for around a year n half nothing else. After that time I could grow them with my eyes closed.
I would also advise getting your self a pencil & a pad & write down EVERY thing you do in regards to feed rate how often you fed or watered room temps humidity growth rate how often you turned your plants light heights veg time flowering time.

I know its looks like a lot of stuff but if you want to nail a strain and get a true understanding this is what you need to do.

good luck brother.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
A bit O/T but... I dont live in usa anymore, so noticing how popular purps are now is really funny. WHen I lived in Vermont the purps were the standard outdoor. Was OK stuff, but not known for being very strong. Back then I used to avoid anything purple cause it usually meant weak stuff. So very strange to now see people falling all over themselves for purps, however I am guessing it is not same stuff and this new purps is stronger than the outdoor stuff we used to have in Vermont...

B

blue

There is to much hype surrounding strains these days.. The sad fact is so many fall for it!!

hubcap

hubcap

the purps were the standard outdoor. Was OK stuff, but not known for being very strong. Back then I used to avoid anything purple cause it usually meant weak stuff.

this is still the case.
its all pretty but 95% is just that. 'pretty' medicore.
imo, of course. the only purp i remember liking was GDP and even that wasnt as strong as it LOOKED....

there are CUTS of purple strains that are good...
but as a whole, when buying from seed, youd have to buy a few packs, imo, to find something worth keeping.

pretty purple weed wont even sell where im at.
too many people in the know.
its like beesters. its gotta be REALLY strong or its not gonna move....its WORK to get rid of.

Top Bottom