New grower with brown spots please help!

• Thread starter Jayde962
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jayde962

Jayde962

First time grower here doing a dwc in 5 gallon buckets with 10” net pods with RO water, i am using cal mag
I’ve been having some troubles with brown spots on leaf and little holes
i’m on week 4 of veg
New growth is showing signs of brown spot and holes
In week 2 i over nuted the plants (read the FF bottle and just went with it stupidly) the plants have what seems to be fully recovered besides the spots anyone have any idea as to what it could be? Or if it will go away with some more time?
any help is much appreciated!

Ps the far right was just planted days ago every thing else was planted same time I believe the over nute stunted the back 2 a little more

New grower with brown spots please help
New grower with brown spots please help 2
New grower with brown spots please help 3
New grower with brown spots please help 4
New grower with brown spots please help 5
New grower with brown spots please help 6

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

With no experience in hydro i would say its proly Ca Mg, heres the hyrdo line up;

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

with a bit more info we can get you firing on all cylinders!!!

Jayde962

Jayde962

They are from seed and all different genetics
They are 5 weeks old
about 8 inch tall for the big and 4for the smaller
Im using fox farms
I keep ph between 5.9 and 6.3
600-700 pmm right now
Water Temps around 73 during day
Im using a mars hydro ts 3000 in a 19x19 shop temps 66-85 55-40 humidity
And there are some little bugs in the hydroton

Jayde962

Jayde962

Looks like a calcium deficiency to me.
I’ve been adding cal mag to the nute mix for 2 weeks now 2 tbls per gallon should i be adding more? Or wait one more week and see if it goes away.
Will the deficit leaves turn back to a healthy state or are they a lost cause?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I’ve been adding cal mag to the nute mix for 2 weeks now 2 tbls per gallon should i be adding more? Or wait one more week and see if it goes away.
Will the deficit leaves turn back to a healthy state or are they a lost cause?
That seems like a decent amount of calmag so maybe I'm wrong. The leaves won't heal but considering there are so few leaves, the plants still needs them so don't cut them of quite yet.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I think your pH is a bit too high. Calcium is pretty pH sensitive.

Jayde962

Jayde962

I'm not an expert with hydro. You'll have to wait for someone more experienced to give you an exact answer.
Gottcha thank you for the comments! I checked the leafs with jewelers loupe i can see some tiny little black spot on the stem of the leaf but im not experienced enough to know of its a bug

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Gottcha thank you for the comments! I checked the leafs with jewelers loupe i can see some tiny little black spot on the stem of the leaf but im not experienced enough to know of its a bug
That I might by able to help you with. Can you take some pics?

AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

I have been a hydro grower for decades and decided to start up a grow with FF. I ran through 4 runs of auto flower and had similar results to what you having in my first two runs. I ended up having to alternate between balanced water and the FF nutes. At that point I was all green, no burns and lots of aggressive growth. It wouldnt have been producive as a flood and drain or dwc nutrient solution. you want results from hydro?? Get a hydroponic soution like general hydro or advanced or one of the other three part systems. FF isnt a hydroponic solution.

Jayde962

Jayde962

I have been a hydro grower for decades and decided to start up a grow with FF. I ran through 4 runs of auto flower and had similar results to what you having in my first two runs. I ended up having to alternate between balanced water and the FF nutes. At that point I was all green, no burns and lots of aggressive growth. It wouldnt have been producive as a flood and drain or dwc nutrient solution. you want results from hydro?? Get a hydroponic soution like general hydro or advanced or one of the other three part systems. FF isnt a hydroponic solution.
Would i be able to switching nutes now? Or should i finish the grow with the FF nutes and use GH next run? Thank you for the response!

AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

I dont think theres an issue with switching mid grow. In fact its all fertilizer just some are made for the set up you are using and others appear to be more compatible with soil or crummy soils (chelated) even or coco. For anything where u are bathing the roots in solution and not packing them into soil (or coco) I would use a hydro fertilizer. Theres a reason the big boys of hydro either pack the ferts in three separate containers or more ( build your own fertilizer is a 16 part process that gets dosed out from three separate tubs of chems). The chemicals have a tenedency to lock out or precipitate or whatever you call it when packaged together. Not sure how FF gets by this but I worked in chrysanthemums in the Netherlands for a year and they fertilized their soil with a one tub wonder as well. I do know I ditched the FF on my indoor operation and went back to GH and whammo! Two inches of growth in 48 hours. I felt like I was in a time warp w the FF and since its an autoflower run I dont have months to wait and correct shit.
If your growing soil I do think FF is a reputable fertilizer but Im not a fan of its performance in true hydro-ponic or aero-ponic setups.

Also theres a post where your asking about 5.7 and 5.5 ph. The ph should be around 6 and slightly higher is better. Im running mine at 6.5 today and growth is abundant. Dont go above 7.

Top Bottom