• Thread starter corn.everywhere
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroGroChamp

HydroGroChamp

My first thought is overwatered
Second thought is you really shouldn't need calmag if it's good soil

Even with the perlite mix
Check your base nute ensure there is calmag in it if so drop the calmag additive and letting em get thirsty a few times

Good luck!

corn.everywhere

corn.everywhere

I didnt know you asked me a question. Use @Username to alert a member or quote their post.

The standard grow book or bible is all you need. I think its ed rosenthal the growers handbook and jorje cervantes indoor outdoor medical bible or something close.
Ya sorry, i was being lazy. I will look into those though, much appreciated
My first thought is overwatered
Second thought is you really shouldn't need calmag if it's good soil

Even with the perlite mix
Check your base nute ensure there is calmag in it if so drop the calmag additive and letting em get thirsty a few times

Good luck!
Theres definitely alot of sense in that, my base nutes do have calcium and magnesium. earlier on i was goong more by feel of the soil, now ive been going by weight of the pots, however I don't think ive been letting them dry out enough. I will definitely be dropping the cal mag for the duration of the grow, much appreciated

Last edited:
HydroGroChamp

HydroGroChamp

Theres definitely alot of sense in that, my base nutes do have calcium and magnesium. earlier on i was goong more by feel of the soil, now ive been going by weight of the pots, however I don't think ive been letting them dry out enough. I will definitely be dropping the cal mag for the duration of the grow, much appreciated

N

Rules of thumb--let the pots get light and remember that as unlikely as it sounds overwatering is one of the first and easiest mistakes to make

HydroGroChamp

HydroGroChamp

Lastly, are there any good beginner books you would recommend by either of those two authors to get started, there certainly is alot of options

ED ROSENTHALS GUIDE TO GROWING MARIJUANA(SOMETHING LIKE THAT)

JORGE cervantes has a cannabis horticulture book and the purple cannabis encyclopedia

Real quick
My recipe
But im in hydro so no calmag for you

Veg
1ml/L a+B
2ml/L microbelife photosynthesis plus
1ml/L b52/superthrive
1ml/L silica product
2ml/L hygrozyme

Thats IT
to test you wanna mix a single liter of water and check PPM
Early Veg is under 500 ppm
late Veg im climbing to 750/850
All through flower so far im at 900ppm
Any higher i get burn

The Microbe Life is a root enhancer that colonizes your roots with like 15 types of microbes to help with various things from nutrient uptake to warding off pathogens

That recipe is solid.
as you need to raise PPM you'll add more base to start
I never have went past 75% of recommended strength
Hope it helps!

P.S. PH BUFFERS WILL WRECK YOUR PPM
ALWAYS DILUTE BUFFERS IN WATER AND USE THE PH WATER TO BUFFER

@corn.everywhere

Madmax

Madmax

Have you noticed using that superthrive it will keep your plants small..i used i like 20 odd years ago to help keep plants small and also helped with the female count with reg seeds put in 100 got 85 fems..

HydroGroChamp

HydroGroChamp

Have you noticed using that superthrive it will keep your plants small..i used i like 20 odd years ago to help keep plants small and also helped with the female count with reg seeds put in 100 got 85 fems..

I'm in my first grow so i currently can't compare what i see to past results but i can say that none of my girls are leggy

The vitamin B supplement helps resist stress, so maybe something with the ladies handling heat better due to the supplement?

HydroGroChamp

HydroGroChamp

I'm in my first grow so i currently can't compare what i see to past results but i can say that none of my girls are leggy

The vitamin B supplement helps resist stress, so maybe something with the ladies handling heat better due to the supplement?
None of my strains stretched like i was told they would so if i had to guess the b52 was a likely factor

Nothing else on the schedule would LIMIT growth

Also I noticed my girls like 6 hours of dark opposed to 3 or 4 during veg. Significantly faster growth with the cpl extra hrs of darkness

corn.everywhere

corn.everywhere

ED ROSENTHALS GUIDE TO GROWING MARIJUANA(SOMETHING LIKE THAT)

JORGE cervantes has a cannabis horticulture book and the purple cannabis encyclopedia

Real quick
My recipe
But im in hydro so no calmag for you

Veg
1ml/L a+B
2ml/L microbelife photosynthesis plus
1ml/L b52/superthrive
1ml/L silica product
2ml/L hygrozyme

Thats IT
to test you wanna mix a single liter of water and check PPM
Early Veg is under 500 ppm
late Veg im climbing to 750/850
All through flower so far im at 900ppm
Any higher i get burn

The Microbe Life is a root enhancer that colonizes your roots with like 15 types of microbes to help with various things from nutrient uptake to warding off pathogens

That recipe is solid.
as you need to raise PPM you'll add more base to start
I never have went past 75% of recommended strength
Hope it helps!

P.S. PH BUFFERS WILL WRECK YOUR PPM
ALWAYS DILUTE BUFFERS IN WATER AND USE THE PH WATER TO BUFFER

@corn.everywhere
that is all alot of help, thank you very much. i have not been diluting my ph solution but i will certainly give that some serious thought. at the beginning of the grow i was using vinegar and baking soda, howeversome people had no issues and some people claimed to shy away so i just went with general hydroponics ph solutions. my feeding schedule has definitely been subpar, however i think ill certainly be able to take alot away from this. i actually just ordered Indoor Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor Growers Bible by Jorge Cervantes this morning, so im really looking forward to starting that. i have until at least november before i can start another grow so i intend on getting through that book before starting again.

corn.everywhere

corn.everywhere

just wanted to update this thread. the most unhealthy of the 3, front left, got its flush this evening after work. the runoff had a bitter, almost musty smell. this leads me to believe root rot may be a viable possiblity. If I am right, which I am not 100 percent certain is the case, what is the best course of action with this plant. ot has seem to drink at about half the pace of the other two and I have kind of suspected root issues for the past week or so I am on day 58 of 70 I wanna say. I noticed this morning before leaving for work that alot of the buds were just starting to want to lay over. do I take her early, just give her the small quarter veg dose of base nutrients, or just water her with r.o and tap water for the next couple weeks and see what happens. I will include some pics for reference. tagging @MIMedGrower since you've been such a big help. thanks in advance
edit: runoff is a light cloudy yellow color all the way down to 360 ppm.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

just wanted to update this thread. the most unhealthy of the 3, front left, got its flush this evening after work. the runoff had a bitter, almost musty smell. this leads me to believe root rot may be a viable possiblity. If I am right, which I am not 100 percent certain is the case, what is the best course of action with this plant. ot has seem to drink at about half the pace of the other two and I have kind of suspected root issues for the past week or so I am on day 58 of 70 I wanna say. I noticed this morning before leaving for work that alot of the buds were just starting to want to lay over. do I take her early, just give her the small quarter veg dose of base nutrients, or just water her with r.o and tap water for the next couple weeks and see what happens. I will include some pics for reference. tagging @MIMedGrower since you've been such a big help. thanks in advance
edit: runoff is a light cloudy yellow color all the way down to 360 ppm.

Thats all you can do once overfed. Now you wait for them to dry out real good. Maybe back them away from the light a bit and slowly move back as they look better.

corn.everywhere

corn.everywhere

Thats all you can do once overfed. Now you wait for them to dry out real good. Maybe back them away from the light a bit and slowly move back as they look better.
right on I did back the lights up on Friday night a little bit. I've been keeping humidity 60-62%, however I've been watching jorge Cervantes's channel on youtube and he recommends %50-55 percent during flower so I got my dehumidifier blowing in one of the intake vents of the tent and killed the humidifier till it got to that range, it's been steadily there since, rising a small amount every 24 hours.

Top Bottom