New Grower - Yellowing Leaves, Brown spots

• Thread starter Duzooka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Duzooka

I'm new to growing, I'm growing King's Kush Autoflowers, One of the plants seems to have yellowing leaves, along with some brown spots on them aswell, I've watered them with cal-mag twice when they needed to be watered but then switched back to regular PH 6.1-6.6 water. Not sure what the issue is and any information would be greatly appreciated as I am still a novice.

The plants were also top fed about a week ago with Gia-Green 2-8-4

New grower   yellowing leaves brown spots
New grower   yellowing leaves brown spots 2
New grower   yellowing leaves brown spots 4
Last edited:
R

RhastaBlasta

Hello! That's one of the bottom leaves so I suggest just cutting it off. Yellow leaves usually indicate water if light issue, but this leaf is at the bottom so it might just be got rid of by the plant itself, since only one leaf is suffering I suggest that. All in all your plants looks quite good! Could be nitrogen or potassium deficiency but I don't think that's the case

D

Duzooka

Hello! That's one of the bottom leaves so I suggest just cutting it off. Yellow leaves usually indicate water if light issue, but this leaf is at the bottom so it might just be got rid of by the plant itself, since only one leaf is suffering I suggest that. All in all your plants looks quite good! Could be nitrogen or potassium deficiency but I don't think that's the case
Thank you!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I'm new to growing, I'm growing King's Kush Autoflowers, One of the plants seems to have yellowing leaves, along with some brown spots on them aswell, I've watered them with cal-mag twice when they needed to be watered but then switched back to regular PH 6.1-6.6 water. Not sure what the issue is and any information would be greatly appreciated as I am still a novice.

It will take the gaia a little bit to break down, depending on microbes, moisture content, how you top dressed, a lot of factors. Take the bad leaf off and carry on is what i would do. Keep an eye on her though and don't feed liquid nutes if you used gaia, it's redundant. There is a whole bunch of calcium in gaia so you don't need cal mag. The gaia should carry you through, especially with an auto they feed less typically. Good luck

D

Duzooka

It will take the gaia a little bit to break down, depending on microbes, moisture content, how you top dressed, a lot of factors. Take the bad leaf off and carry on is what i would do. Keep an eye on her though and don't feed liquid nutes if you used gaia, it's redundant. There is a whole bunch of calcium in gaia so you don't need cal mag. The gaia should carry you through, especially with an auto they feed less typically. Good luck
Much appreciated!

Mothman

Mothman

Take a look at the 2nd photo.
  • At “5 o’clock” you appear to have either nute burn or light burn on the tips of young leaves.
  • At 2 o’clock I see what looks like magnesium deficiency (pale striping of leaves between veins).
  • And at 3 o’clock I see what looks like the start of another dying leaf. Can’t recall what that one is symptomatic of, but I think it looks like pics of phosphorus def that I’ve seen.
In flower there’s a greater demand for phosphorus (P) and potassium (K), and also calcium and magnesium. I’d resume the cal mag (EDIT: or maybe not, based on what @cannafarmer420 said about your feed) and add some Epsom water.
P & K should be in your bloom nutes already so they may be available to your plants soon.

I front load my Fox Farm soil with dolomite lime, it keeps the soil at about 6.5 pH and it adds calcium over time. Some folks top dress with dolomite (I have), but it can form a layer that’s difficult for water to penetrate.

I also water with 3/4 tsp of Epsom salt (Mg & sulfur) to each gallon of water throughout the grow.

I hope this helps you solve the current problem. Also, what’s your light, what wattage, how high?

Last edited:
D

Duzooka

• At “5 o’clock” you appear to have either nute burn or light burn on the tips of young leaves.
  • At 2 o’clock I see what looks like magnesium deficiency (pale striping of leaves between veins).
  • And at 3 o’clock I see what looks like the start of another dying leaf. Can’t recall what that one is symptomatic of, but I think it looks like pics of phosphorus def that I’ve seen.
In flower there’s a greater demand for phosphorus (P) and potassium (K), and also calcium and magnesium. I’d resume the cal mag and add some Epsom water.
P & K should be in your bloom nutes already so they may be available to your plants soon.

I front load my Fox Farm soil with dolomite lime, it keeps the soil at about 6.5 pH and it adds calcium over time. Some folks top dress with dolomite (I have), but it can form a layer that’s difficult for water to penetrate.

I also water with 3/4 tsp of Epsom salt (Mg & sulfur) to each gallon of water throughout the grow.

I hope this helps you solve the current problem. Also, what’s your light, what wattage, how high?
I'm running a 100W Sf1000 Light along side a 130Watt Veg light Full spectrum that my friend gave me, It helps with heat and a bit of light. I was thinking the burned tips could be due to high PH levels in the soil as i haven't managed to treat it with sulfur yet, it occured in my last grow aswell when i ran just the SF1000.

D

Duzooka

In flower there’s a greater demand for phosphorus (P) and potassium (K), and also calcium and magnesium. I’d resume the cal mag (EDIT: or maybe not, based on what @cannafarmer420 said about your feed) and add some Epsom water.

Greatly appreicate the information though, will resume calmag and see if that helps.

D

Duzooka

I don’t use Gaia Green but @cannafarmer420 says you shouldn’t need calcium, so I would go with that guidance.
I see, I read what he said wrong that's my mistake, I will resume normal PH water for a few weeks to see it helps! Greatly appreciate the help from everybody and thank you for taking your time out to help me! @Mothman @cannafarmer420 @RhastaBlasta

D

Duzooka

Little update since Monday, more leaves seem to be turning yellow with brown spots that seem to be spreading from the veins, I watered them yesterday with normal water Ph 6.3, Not sure if its the light or if its the soil PH that's causing the yellowing tips - Soil PH seems to be around 7. not really sure how to get it down other than sulfur which takes quite a bit of time to break down. Honestly i'm more worried about the leaves that look like their decaying as its in two plants now.

Last edited:
Mothman

Mothman

I think there are two issues, at least.

The leaf necrosis seriously looks like calcium deficiency. It’s the plant relocating the calcium critical to flower growth, even if it kills the lower leaves.

I would cal mag all water until nearly the end. Maybe put Epsom in the water, too. I routinely use 3/4 tsp per gallon of water to feed magnesium and sulfur.

The other issue is the yellowing leaves at the top. I’m guessing it’s light/heat burn.

Tell us about your lights and the lighting. And if any experienced farmers here disagree, pls chime in. 👍

D

Duzooka

I think there are two issues, at least.

The leaf necrosis seriously looks like calcium deficiency. It’s the plant relocating the calcium critical to flower growth, even if it kills the lower leaves.

I would cal mag all water until nearly the end. Maybe put Epsom in the water, too. I routinely use 3/4 tsp per gallon of water to feed magnesium and sulfur.

The other issue is the yellowing leaves at the top. I’m guessing it’s light/heat burn.

Tell us about your lights and the lighting. And if any experienced farmers here disagree, pls chime in. 👍
I'm using two lights, one is a SF1000 from Spider farmer the other is a 130W Full Spectrum my buddy got from amazon, Both hanging 18 inch's from the tallest plant which are not the plants in the picture, the tent stays around 22-24c and the lights run for 20 hours a day.

Mothman

Mothman

I'm using two lights, one is a SF1000 from Spider farmer the other is a 130W Full Spectrum my buddy got from amazon, Both hanging 18 inch's from the tallest plant which are not the plants in the picture, the tent stays around 22-24c and the lights run for 20 hours a day.
Sorry, I think you already mentioned your lights. Thanks for the info, I’ll try to keep up!

I have an incomplete picture, but if it were mine, I’d continue routine cal mag + add Epsom @ 3/4 tsp/gal, every watering. You’re gonna see some ugly older lower leaves, but it should slow and maybe stop as calcium is taken up. How much longer til chop?

Nio

Nio

I think I am seeing several deficiencies, which would suggest you need to feed them more nutrients all together. Pretty sure the yellowing tips are also a deficiency. The yellowing in general looks like a nitrogen deficiency to me. Those gray spots look like Phosphorus deficiency, and I think something tells of a Potassium deficiency as well. I'd feed them far more nutrients.

D

Duzooka

Sorry, I think you already mentioned your lights. Thanks for the info, I’ll try to keep up!

I have an incomplete picture, but if it were mine, I’d continue routine cal mag + add Epsom @ 3/4 tsp/gal, every watering. You’re gonna see some ugly older lower leaves, but it should slow and maybe stop as calcium is taken up. How much longer til chop?
I sewed them on January the 12th, i believe they started flower roughly the 20th of feb, I'm not quite sure how long they have left But I think around a month as google says flowering for AF is normally around 8 weeks, They've been planted for about 9 weeks now. I'm not really afraid of killing the plant if I do the wrong thing as its all apart of the learning process so i may just give them more calmag and epsom salt and see what happens, Does anybody think i should do anything different?

Top Bottom