New grower

• Thread starter Cuspian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cuspian

Update. Been about 3 weeks. Nitrogen toxicity under control. Heavy defoliation...not sure if I did too much or not enough but light penetration seems good...much better now. Just switched to 12/12. Any comments appreciated.

20230312 171555
20230312 171613
20230312 172620
20230312 172631
20230312 173147
C

Cuspian

I thinking my vpd is way too high.
Will have to keep playing with exhaust fan and humidifier. Seems a constant battle.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Everything was looking good then thus started showing up...any ideas?

Week 3 of flower just finished.

Potassium deficiency?
It seems very selective and not spread out. Any chance nute burn from spill or foliar spray?

I ask as I don’t see any yellow or signs of light/heat stress.

No bugs right?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Looks like bugs to me. The leaf tear on one of the tips and the holes tell me caterpillars?

Could be nutes but I'm seeing random damage rather than systemic.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Looks like bugs to me. The leaf tear on one of the tips and the holes tell me caterpillars?

Could be nutes but I'm seeing random damage rather than systemic.
Thanks for the backup. Mites I know. This is different but I don’t know what.

C

Cuspian

I'm in a tent, no bugs that I can see with the scope. I'm agreeing with pH atm as my soil pH tested 6 which is what I was told all this time to pH my water to however further reading I should vary pH between 6.2 and 6.9 which I've adjusted as of today. Which would mean im barely missing potassium, etc. I don't understand why pH is different for hydro vs soil as I would think nutrient availability should be the same either way.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I'm in a tent, no bugs that I can see with the scope. I'm agreeing with pH atm as my soil pH tested 6 which is what I was told all this time to pH my water to however further reading I should vary pH between 6.2 and 6.9 which I've adjusted as of today. Which would mean im barely missing potassium, etc. I don't understand why pH is different for hydro vs soil as I would think nutrient availability should be the same either way.
If it's nute deficiency I would think it would be phosphorous that would be deficient at this time in growth as that would be what was used up the most from flip to flower. I like to raise my PH to around 7.5 right after flip. pH chart says P becomes more available in that pH range along with calcium and magnesium. I do that for first 2 weeks introducing elevated levels of calcium and magnesium after the first week of flip.

Plant nutrient absorption at different pH

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
If it's nute deficiency I would think it would be phosphorous that would be deficient at this time in growth as that would be what was used up the most from flip to flower. I like to raise my PH to around 7.5 right after flip. pH chart says P becomes more available in that pH range along with calcium and magnesium. I do that for first 2 weeks introducing elevated levels of calcium and magnesium after the first week of flip.

View attachment 1347030
I see on the chart that at 7.5 copper is no longer available....does that cause issues? I've always tried for a happy medium 6.2 - 6.8 I see the chart and wondering what a higher ph will do plants as far as losing the ability to take up other minerals.......

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I see on the chart that at 7.5 copper is no longer available....does that cause issues? I've always tried for a happy medium 6.2 - 6.8 I see the chart and wondering what a higher ph will do plants as far as losing the ability to take up other minerals.......
I didn't mention that after week 3 I drop pH back down to around 6.8 to taper off P and start making the minerals available again. I do that for around a week then I drop it a little further down to around 6.3 - 6.5. I'm currently in week 2 going into week 3 of flower and just gave them a 7.5 drink. Next feed will be the last feed at 7.5. After that a couple of feeds at 6.8 then down to 6.5 to the end.

Top Bottom