New grower

• Thread starter bombhead80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bombhead80

Hi guys. I'm a veteran smoker but decided to give growing a try as sick and tired of the rising costs. I brought six seeds. 5 northern lights and one amnesia lemon. The lemon never took but the others did. I lost one on the way due to a stupid newbie mistake by not planting them in their forever pots but the others have taken off, up until now that is. The problem I have is the 3 biggest ones are showing pre flowers now but are starting to wilt. Because I'm new to the growing world I've got no idea whether it's over watering or under watering or light stress etc and I'm wondering if any of you fine people could shed some light and point me in the right direction. My set up is very basic if I'm honest, consisting of the cupboard under the stairs and using two 100 watt full spectrum lights and a small fan. As I explained,I wanted to give it a try before I forked out for more expensive equipment. I haven't used any form of nutrients as of yet except good quality mineral water from bottles. I have ordered some stuff online for the blooming period but am waiting for the delivery. I have used coco coir for medium and ground coffee beans. If someone could please give me some advice it would be fantastic as I don't want to lose the plants.
New grower
New grower
New grower

Zerberus

Zerberus

I've read that coffee beans are good but in a very small amount and they have to have been used. You probably just have nutrient deficiencies since you haven't fed them anything with a solid NPK.

Pre-flower might be due to the light schedule, how many hours do you have the lights turned on? Also since you have them in your cupboard, is there any new air circulation going in? Because having them locked in there with no new air coming through will kill your plants even if you have fan in there.

Are the seeds autos or photos?

How high up is the light from the top of the canopy? What kind of light? What intensity is it at?

What's the temperature, humidity inside the cupboard?

How often are you watering?

Every detail you can provide is very important.

Hi guys. I'm a veteran smoker but decided to give growing a try as sick and tired of the rising costs. I brought six seeds. 5 northern lights and one amnesia lemon. The lemon never took but the others did. I lost one on the way due to a stupid newbie mistake by not planting them in their forever pots but the others have taken off, up until now that is. The problem I have is the 3 biggest ones are showing pre flowers now but are starting to wilt. Because I'm new to the growing world I've got no idea whether it's over watering or under watering or light stress etc and I'm wondering if any of you fine people could shed some light and point me in the right direction. My set up is very basic if I'm honest, consisting of the cupboard under the stairs and using two 100 watt full spectrum lights and a small fan. As I explained,I wanted to give it a try before I forked out for more expensive equipment. I haven't used any form of nutrients as of yet except good quality mineral water from bottles. I have ordered some stuff online for the blooming period but am waiting for the delivery. I have used coco coir for medium and ground coffee beans. If someone could please give me some advice it would be fantastic as I don't want to lose the plants.View attachment 2076654View attachment 2076654View attachment 2076654

3cats

3cats

Hi guys. I'm a veteran smoker but decided to give growing a try as sick and tired of the rising costs. I brought six seeds. 5 northern lights and one amnesia lemon. The lemon never took but the others did. I lost one on the way due to a stupid newbie mistake by not planting them in their forever pots but the others have taken off, up until now that is. The problem I have is the 3 biggest ones are showing pre flowers now but are starting to wilt. Because I'm new to the growing world I've got no idea whether it's over watering or under watering or light stress etc and I'm wondering if any of you fine people could shed some light and point me in the right direction. My set up is very basic if I'm honest, consisting of the cupboard under the stairs and using two 100 watt full spectrum lights and a small fan. As I explained,I wanted to give it a try before I forked out for more expensive equipment. I haven't used any form of nutrients as of yet except good quality mineral water from bottles. I have ordered some stuff online for the blooming period but am waiting for the delivery. I have used coco coir for medium and ground coffee beans. If someone could please give me some advice it would be fantastic as I don't want to lose the plants.View attachment 2076654View attachment 2076654View attachment 2076654
Hi, my observations are the pot is too small and you should have a bunch of air holes in the sides and bottom of the pot. Your soil looks too heavy with no perlite for aeration and drainage. Is that Coco? Coco has different requirements and needs multiple daily watering. Your plant looks healthy so your doing something right. You are going to need a line of nutrients and as you go into flower you'll need feed them regularly. Don't sweat pre flowers, it just shows you they are ready to flip anytime you are. I'd top and that would let more bottom branches reach the top, all those side sprouts will become tops after topping

B

bombhead80

Is there any way I can expand the pot without actually transferring them like could I cut out the bottom of the pot and sit it on another pot of soil

3cats

3cats

Ok thanks for the advice. How about topping. Where and how do I do that
I just pinch off the top when I can see 2 side shoots growing along side the part I pinch off. Transplanting is a better idea, with the soil damp but not saturated 2-3 days after watering I find the roots will hold the soil in place when I transplant. Squeeze the sides all around to loosen it from the pots sides and tap the bottom firmly to loosen it from the bottom. I put my hand around the stalk between my fingers and turn it upside down. if it doesn't un lodge tap the bottom of the pot and it will come out. Place it in a pre made hole in the new pot. fill with new soil mix and water or feed to seat it in her new home. The gentler the better but they're tough and even if they get shocked a few days and they'll be happy in their new home

Latest posts

Top Bottom