New Grower

• Thread starter Bronco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bronco

Bronco

so I am growing my first plant outdoors.....Would like to try 2-3 indoors but am afraid my electric bill might be t much.....Any pointers on a good starting point ?
Thanks

Enforcer

Enforcer

• For 2-3 plants in a 3x3 space (1 sqft per plant) I would recommend a 400w MH/HPS. That's what I went with. If you want bigger, step up to a 4x4 space with a 600w light. I just ran a 18-6 veg and my bill only went up about $60 a month. That's light, intake and exhaust fans, 2 clip fans, and a 12" oscillating fan. With a 400w you'll have less energy consumption and heat, but also less yield. A 600w is the most energy efficient for its wattage, but unless your grow space is 7 foot or taller, you run the risk of heat stressing your plants from the light being too close. I decided to go with a 3x3x6 tent w/400w light to make sure I really liked growing. Now that I'm into it, I'll pick up a 4x4 text and 600w light as my flower tent. And use my current setup as a veg tent. If you find you're not into it, the stuff sells quick on Craigslist. In fact, that's a good place to find a slightly used tent, or fans. Personally, I bought my light setup new. There are a bunch of people who bought equipment without doing research, only used the stuff for one grow, failed miserably, and are now trying to recoup some of the cost.

Bronco

Bronco

Thanks everyone......I have some pigeon lofts I am not racing from any more.....Just thinking I could use them.
Thanks for the ideas.

Top Bottom