New Grower

• Thread starter Grow121
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Heat stress. Is there any way you can get the temps down to at least 88-89F? I have run HPS lamps and temps of 92, but I had fresh air entering the room, an exhaust fan in the ceiling, and a rotating fan blowing across the plant canopy. But, that is pushing it. Your simply too warm at 97F. Plants acclimated to outdoors and already of some size can stand temps above 100F for periods in summer but not all the time. Your light distance is fine. Shouldn't need water every day unless soil is drying out. The middle to bottom of the dirt should be moist when its dry on top. The seedling sends down a taproot, searching for water. If its always wet, it won't grow well. Please everyone chime in. What all did I leave out? :cool:

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
That is just too high man 36C is too high. Do those lights have switches for veg and flower. You can run them at half wattage if so. Or open you tents zipper and let it work that way. It may help. If you are doing this in an attic or somewhere hot then you wil need an ac because 36C is way too hot and it causes you to overwater and causes plants to transpire like crazy, uptaking nutrients which will burn it to a crisp. Those temps will kill the plant.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Excellent decision! I initially recommended about 450w, as most new growers seem reluctant to "do what I would do", Lol. I run 2 of the 600w lamps in a 4' x 4' x 7' tent, or nearly double your planned area. I run 1 of them plus a 250w lamp in veg., then swap the 250 for the other 600w when I start 12/12 light schedule. Sounds like you have enough to keep busy for awhile. :cool:
Thats four times the area. He has 2x2 tent and 4 of those would fit in a area of 4x4 :)

G

Grow121

thanks guys I have opened up the Zipper which has reduced the temp to 32C and I will make sure I only water little and often.
Thats four times the area. He has 2x2 tent and 4 of those would fit in a area of 4x4 :)
Hi Crimson Echo. Yeah he said he has 2 of them lights in a 4 x 4. I only have the one in the 2 x 2 so I think the light should be fine. Yeah the lights do have a switch but I assumed both needed to be in at lol times s I am growing an autoflower.

G

Grow121

When I check now for example during the night my temps at 27C with the tent open abit it’s not all the time the temp is at 36C it’s just when it’s been really warm outside with the freak summer we are having.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
thanks guys I have opened up the Zipper which has reduced the temp to 32C and I will make sure I only water little and often.

Hi Crimson Echo. Yeah he said he has 2 of them lights in a 4 x 4. I only have the one in the 2 x 2 so I think the light should be fine. Yeah the lights do have a switch but I assumed both needed to be in at lol times s I am growing an autoflower.
Yeah the problem is thats 4 times the area so if he is growing good plants with 2, 1/4 of that will suffice for what you are doing :) more wattage means more heat.
That heat will kill it if you don’t cool that tent so, double the wattage and a dead plant? of half the wattage and less yield? :)
If you could get it down to 32 thats good but it needs to be somewhere around 28 max for my plants to be happy (this is when lights on)
Its not that you are overwatering you just have to at that temps or it dies and when you water as needed at those temps again it dies :)

G

Grow121

Yeah I understand what your saying now thanks. The loft itself outside the grow rooms is 30C when my tent is at 36 so I think even with a smaller light it won’t affect the temp much. Like you guys have said if I can’t get it down with the zipper down I’ll either just wait till colder months to start growing or I’ll need to buy aircon. I’m guessing this will be expensive to buy a decent one though and it’s another electricity cost.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Yeah I understand what your saying now thanks. The loft itself outside the grow rooms is 30C when my tent is at 36 so I think even with a smaller light it won’t affect the temp much. Like you guys have said if I can’t get it down with the zipper down I’ll either just wait till colder months to start growing or I’ll need to buy aircon. I’m guessing this will be expensive to buy a decent one though and it’s another electricity cost.
If you have cold winters grow at winter man, i am doing that and it saves lots of electricity. My ac uses as much electricity as my lights but i had to grow this summer out of necessity.
Well the plant is going anyway let it go as far as it can. Don’t zip the tent.

Top Bottom