New growth almost yellow in colour

• Thread starter Kl420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kl420

Kl420

Hey guys two of my plants have almost yellow colour new growth. Usually new growth is bit lighter than matured leaves but these look almost yellow and they have had enough time to mature as well. What's the deficiency? Nitrogen?
New growth almost yellow in colour
New growth almost yellow in colour 2

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

See blanched tips so no nitrogen deficiency. Seeing potassium deficiency low. Lightening color high. I would give a full bloom feed myself. Flowering or not. Easy on the nitrogen because it might be what blocked potassium.

Kl420

Kl420

Yeah seems like that, some other plants also had a potassium deficiency then after adding extra some got burnt tips so didn't want to add anymore for these. This soil seems pretty unbalanced :(
See blanched tips so no nitrogen deficiency. Seeing potassium deficiency low. Lightening color high. I would give a full bloom feed myself. Flowering or not. Easy on the nitrogen because it might be what blocked potassium.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Yeah seems like that, some other plants also had a potassium deficiency then after adding extra some got burnt tips so didn't want to add anymore for these. This soil seems pretty unbalanced :(
Doubt you saw any damage from potassium from an extra feeding or even a hot feeding. You're describing nute burn from nitrogen. So is this super soil or something?

Kl420

Kl420

No it's a normal potting mix with compost mix. I'm not quite sure what happened last time but when I first posted the pics of the deficiency here, some guys diagnosed it as potassium deficiency, it looked similar to these, but after some time the plants had burnt tips and when I posted those they diagnosed it as potassium abundance, but those plants have balanced out now and growing well. But these are still suffering.

Just now sprayed this organic nutrition
20220107 154556

Kl420

Kl420

Also runoff water is has a brown colour to it, is it supposed to be colourless when I'm adding just pure water?

fishbuds

fishbuds

I am curious about your soil. How much aeration/perlite is in your soil? I thought it was coco for at a glance. Doesnt look fluffy and happy, looks kinda compact and crusty. Just curious, as it may not be a single issue causing your symptoms.

What is your water like. Ph, hardness, alkalinity? You ph'ing your feeds after adding nutrients to h20?

Kl420

Kl420

I am curious about your soil. How much aeration/perlite is in your soil? I thought it was coco for at a glance. Doesnt look fluffy and happy, looks kinda compact and crusty. Just curious, as it may not be a single issue causing your symptoms.

What is your water like. Ph, hardness, alkalinity? You ph'ing your feeds after adding nutrients to h20?
Yes the soil seems pretty compact, I even tried the chopstick method to loosen it up a bit. This is just pure potting mix with compost, no perlite even because they didn't have it. Yes the PH is around 6.5 in the run off. I have only added the seaweed extract fertilizer before this and only once I did that. But from the looks of it now I feel the roots haven't spread enough in these few plants because the other plants which are thriving don't have a nute problem.

fishbuds

fishbuds

Pics of the good ones?

Don't make any drastic moves or pour shit on them yet. ;)

You may just need a transplant into excellent soil. Or an inert media which you will try to manipulate. promix/ coco/ etc...

What is the actual ph, and ppm of the water you are giving them?

Stop spraying too. Research IPM, I do potassium bicarbonate, neem , kelp, and bti outdoors as the 4th stage of the ipm.

Kl420

Kl420

Pics of the good ones?

Don't make any drastic moves or pour shit on them yet. ;)

You may just need a transplant into excellent soil. Or an inert media which you will try to manipulate. promix/ coco/ etc...

What is the actual ph, and ppm of the water you are giving them?

Stop spraying too. Research IPM, I do potassium bicarbonate, neem , kelp, and bti outdoors as the 4th stage of the ipm.
Repotting seems like a good idea actually. But I want to ask is it ok to break off the old soil from the outer edges of the root ball and change the soil? Will it cause damage? Because I mixed coco coir to the soil mix for the newest plants and its very Spongy and soft with excellent drainage, so thinking about Repotting with that soul mix

Solarscar

Solarscar

Do they feel less “leafy” and more “rubbery” are they still growing?

fishbuds

fishbuds

dont break anything off, use a bigger pot and do it gently.

and only. transplant if there is enuff root mass to hold the ball together.

I looked at the pictures again. alot of soil there. transplant may not be the way to go at the moment.

looks like there is a lot of room at top of the pots. perhaps top with a rich soil with lots of perlite, and water in.

I would slurry test your soil for ph and ppms b 4 i did anything tbh

Last edited:
Solarscar

Solarscar

💯 this is likely. I have had nitrogen lockout after accidentally nuking my plants with tiger bloom. 🥳

Kl420

Kl420

Yeah got plenty of room on the top of the pot. Also usually how long does it take to recover from a deficiency like this?
dont break anything off, use a bigger pot and do it gently.

and only. transplant if there is enuff root mass to hold the ball together.

I looked at the pictures again. alot of soil there. transplant may not be the way to go at the moment.

looks like there is a lot of room at top of the pots. perhaps top with a rich soil with lots of perlite, and water in.

I would slurry test your soil for ph and ppms b 4 i did anything tbh

Latest posts

Top Bottom