New growth almost yellow in colour

• Thread starter Kl420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
m8ty

m8ty

Once you burn the root hairs from over feeding the plant yellows because it can't absorb the nutrients in the soil. Notice the tip burn on the leaves, the roots are tip burned as well.

Kl420

Kl420

So does that mean I shouldn't feed them anymore? And just water till the concentration goes down?
Once you burn the root hairs from over feeding the plant yellows because it can't absorb the nutrients in the soil. Notice the tip burn on the leaves, the roots are tip burned as well.

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

Give them a good flush with some PH water 50% nutes test your run offs.
Looks like your soil is unbalanced brother

Kl420

Kl420

Ok guys I have figured out the problem. I used too much compost in the soil mix so the plants are getting burnt. Has anyone ever had this experience? Any ideas on what to do?

H

hawkman

much good information - to fix it - Flush for 5days also consider not using any nutrients for 1st 3 weeks nothing but root stimulators - anyway re-adjust your feeding program ioncluding your nutrient use and x's of using in a week - 2x's at the most (feed - water-dry -feed-dry-water is a good 6 day schedule)

Kl420

Kl420

much good information - to fix it - Flush for 5days also consider not using any nutrients for 1st 3 weeks nothing but root stimulators - anyway re-adjust your feeding program ioncluding your nutrient use and x's of using in a week - 2x's at the most (feed - water-dry -feed-dry-water is a good 6 day schedule)
For now I flushed one plant to see how it'll effect. The pot is almost 100% compost , major mistake I made. Should I remove the plants and repot them?

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

It's forsure not a mobile nutrient since it's only the new foliage affected it looks alot like copper deficiency pretty convinced

Copper is an essential nutrient throughout a plant’s life cycle. Its role in the formation of cell walls, chlorophyll production and other metabolic process’s directly affect photosynthesis and respiration. Luckily its only needed in very low quantities.

While the right amount of Copper is nessicary for normal plant growth and development when is availability is to high Copper can cause a plant to be stunted, inhibit root growth, leaf discoloration and chlorosis/necrosis.

Copper is an immobile nutrient as is best obtained from the soil but can be applied as a foliar and is also a common fungicide/bactericide.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Or can be a toxicity

Deficiencies are usually seen first in newer/younger leaves first lightening in color then chlorosis and or necrosis. Copper deficiencies symptoms will first be seen at the tips of young leaves and then extend down the leaf along the edges. Leaves may also be twisted or malformed and a flowering plant will have its bud growth negatively affected.

Toxicities because of coppers can often be misinterpreted as simply nutrient burn. Where the to issues diverge is nutrient burn eventually kills the leaf tissue, Copper toxicity will only make it look sick. Often the edges and tips of the leaves will be yellow or white while the rest of the leaf remains in contrast blueish or purple.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what light are you using and how far from the canopy is it?
what nutrients are you using and how much?
they may already be stunted, etc from what looks to me as basically overmotheringly..

Kl420

Kl420

what light are you using and how far from the canopy is it?
what nutrients are you using and how much?
they may already be stunted, etc from what looks to me as basically overmotheringly..
I only used seaweed extract once for them before, but I planted them in 100% compost, so most probably that's the problem here imo.
Using a 240w LED board and it's 25 inches from the canopy. Was watering once a week until these couple of days for this plant.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
are the bags sitting on the floor?
is the floor cold?
have you noticed any tiny insects around the plants?
what is your temp and humidity for lights on/off?

Kl420

Kl420

are the bags sitting on the floor?
is the floor cold?
have you noticed any tiny insects around the plants?
what is your temp and humidity for lights on/off?
Yes they are on the floor but the floor is warm because of the lights.
Haven't noticed any insects moving around as of yet.
Lights on temps go around 28°C and 70% RH
Lights out temps 25°C and RH remains at similar levels.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok the floor is warm because of the lights? so when lights off it’s cold?
those bags look to be plastic? or fabric?
any holes for airflow?
you have a root issue so i’d fix all no/low stresses first like bags off the floor.. etc.,

Kl420

Kl420

any holes for airflow?
you have a root issue so i’d fix all no/low stresses first like bags off the floor.. etc.,
Not really cold but yeah cooler than lights on. Yup it's plastic bags with many holes, I added extra holes for airflow. Ok tomorrow I'm gonna try raising them up on a rack or something also

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Not really cold but yeah cooler than lights on. Yup it's plastic bags with many holes, I added extra holes for airflow. Ok tomorrow I'm gonna try raising them up on a rack or something also
sounds good, keep us posted daily with pictures too.,

Solarscar

Solarscar

any holes for airflow?
As winter progresses this time of year through the US, the ground gets colder and colder. Floors get cold, concrete floors even more. I took a piece of foam that came as protective packaging for my lights and put one under each pot to insulate the important, feeding root tips that dominate the lower portion of your pots.

I’m growing on concrete flooring. Basement grow. 🥳

57365155 86E4 4030 81FD 9B2E198D0EC5
fishbuds

fishbuds

this is why it works. he gets excellent, well thought out opinions, and can blend that with his research and personal experience.

My camp is still sitting on two things:
Slurry test, now that I know, how could i go on a soil grow without one weekly as a new grower? Track your ph and ppm numbers, and you will learn very quickly what your soil is doing and why. Write down all inputs and readings. it will help you see your soil in a new light.

Worm castings/teas - a semi cure all for soil growers. Use them, water, watch plants grow.

Kl420

Kl420

Hey guys heres an update on the plant. I repotted it completely to a new soil, broke a bit of the roots in the process but looks like it's recovering now. Has started to grow again also
20220111 193843

So here my question, my other bigger plants are also having the same issue at a lesser level so I'm wondering if it's ok to break some roots off and change the soil in those also, but as the roots have already spread a lot it'll be a lot of damage. What do you all think? Break roots and sacrifice for the future or let them fight it off

Latest posts

Top Bottom