New growth, help solve a problem, please.

• Thread starter Foul
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Foul

Hello farmers!

I'm new to the forum and yet I dont have much experience in growing. I also have not got the needed equipment for indoor - currently shining with a 250 hps and thats all, i.e. cant check ph, only the humidity and temp.

So the problem: I'm growing 5 plants from seeds(1 Velvet Bud, 1 Thai/Haze and 3 unknown), germinated two weeks ago. Recently their first leaves started to turn yellow and I'm very worried about them. In my last growth - there ware deficities but they appeared in the end of the second month of veg and ware far from fatal. Now I use different soil - 50x50% mixture between 6.8ph and 5-6ph, so obviously the problem may be in the soil - high ph, but I can't be sure. The daily temp is 27-32c and during the night is near 25c. The humidity is varying but is mostly low - sometimes below 40%. I'm attaching pictures to help diagnosys - three different strains, the second one is the velvet bud and it's worse because the entire plant looks a little stunted compared to others.

I'm sure most of you have seen something simillar, so your help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

New growth help solve a problem please
420alldaze

420alldaze

hey foul, welcome to the farm. how often you watering them? peacentreez

dextr0

dextr0

Those are supposed to dye off...your ok. If the others start getting yellow then its time for nitrogen. The other leaves look pretty green though so imma say your ok with what your doing for awhile.

F

Foul

Usually I'm watering them in three days, when the soil surface have dried well. But they're in small containers because they're the initial ones, so I'm wetting them thoroughly. I am preparing transplantation this evening and hope they'll like their new home.

convex

convex

A couple of things stand out that may contribute to further problems as your grow progresses.

1. Temps are awfully high.
You stated 27'C - 32'C (roughly 80'F-90'F) ... try and keep it 27' or less.

2. Humidity is on the low side > 40%.

You are already aware that you may be out of range in pH - a test meter/kit will aid you here.

Cheers

jagle

jagle

Convex made some very good points, also id repot asap, the bottom leafs are showing signs that the soil is outta nutrients so repot them man

B

blayzed76

what stands out to me is your ph as well, remember if your ph is off then it causes nutrient lock which looks like a deficiency, i would not add any nutes. in soil your ph should be around 7.0 (neutral)

also just a curiosity do you use dolomite lime in your soil? if not you should look into getting it, it is real good at keeping your soil ph neutral

F

Foul

My plants allready looks better in their new environment, but I'm little confused about the ph of the soil.. yesterday i was convinced that it must be in a range between 5.5-6.5ph, so I used such soil for transplanting. Now I see that actually it must be between 6.3-7.0(will have to prepare some lime). I have EasyTest 5 in 1 and the result of my tap water is ok - PH~6.6-6.8.. When it's time for watering I'll check the output water and post the result. I'm also thinking for solution of the temp/humidity issue as Convex suggested(will use a broken absorber :). Thank you for the replies so far, guys. You pointed me in the right direction.

B

blayzed76

yesterday i was convinced that it must be in a range between 5.5-6.5ph,
that is more towards what u want the ph of a hydro setup to be, even a lil less i believe but im not a hydro guy

T

theryansicle

pH is probably off, N deficiency, minonr K deficiency and also you're probably watering to much and to often which is why your soil is already deficient of these elements.

F

Foul

Well, I managed to correct the pH of the soil, according to the test i made of the output water(dropped from the bottom) is near 6.8, but there are some other things that're concerning me and i don't know a hell about(the test I use is EasyTest 5 in 1). Except pH it checks also KH which appears to be in norm-6°d, NO2 is ok, but NO3 is above 250 mg/l and GH is more than 21°d !! I know that this test is mostly used for aquarium water check, but could it be harmfull for my plants with such stats?

Latest posts

Top Bottom