New Growth Leaves Turning Yellow BIG PROBLEM HELP!!??

• Thread starter AliasAO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AliasAO

Hoping to fix this current problem with the help from the farms collective intelligence.

A few of my clones have started to grow SMALL Highlighter yellow color leaves ONLY on the new growth. All old growth is still green and not affected.

Im thinking it could be a deficiency but Im leaning more towards a PH imbalance or extreme temp changes??

If anyone has experienced and conquered this problem, please pass on the knowledge because my little ladies are suffering.' Here is a Pic. It's my most extreme case:

Picture of yellow weed leaves, what causes them?

Thanx friends and fellow farmers :harvest:

--AO

Last edited by a moderator:
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
they look overfed honestly - not the best pic but thats my guess

whats your ph, ppm and temps - what ya feeding them and whats your soil mix

A

AliasAO

they look overfed honestly - not the best pic but thats my guess

whats your ph, ppm and temps - what ya feeding them and whats your soil mix

They have been transplanted for about a week into cups with a Coco perlite mix. I haven't feed them at all with nutes. Only ph adjusted water at about 6.1-6.3 I water them once every 2-3 days depending.

Today I flushed them with Ph Adusted water. I'm wondering if it could be a defiency because of the lack of nutes left in the soil after a few waterings.

Maybe I should start to feed??

I've never seen this before, the plants in my tent that i took the cuttings fromare perfectly healthy but the ones outside of the tent under the T5 FLOs are unhealthy even tho I've been feeding them nothing but PH 6.1-6.3 water. Temps for the plants under the T5s in in between 74-77 degrees.

A

AliasAO

Here is a pic from above. Notice how The new leaves are deformed and very yellow.

Ew2

Could it be possible that my soil is hot?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never seen that either. Do the mother plants have crinkled leaves, too? Bottom looks totally overfed (makes me think lockout) and the top looks like a major iron, zinc or other deficiency.

Let me put up an attachment before my husband spirits me off to eat.

Leaf deficiencies
Leaf trouble chart
A

AliasAO

I've never seen that either. Do the mother plants have crinkled leaves, too? Bottom looks totally overfed (makes me think lockout) and the top looks like a major iron, zinc or other deficiency.

Let me put up an attachment before my husband spirits me off to eat.

Thanx for the tables Sea, glad u were able to get those posted before eating.

Im in agreement with you about the new leafs being a deficiency, but the two plants that I took the clones from are currently very healthy and nearing the end of the flower stage. Its weird because the moms show no sign of this weird yellow growth. Only the plants that are kept under my T5 FLOs outside of the tent are acting this way even tho both water regimens and temp conditions are exactly the same. My T5s were kept originally about 6 inches from the tops of the little plants, then i thought it may have been light burn or too intensive light so i moved the lights up to about 12 inches above the plants.

I did use an older bag of coco to plant the others outside of the tent, The bag was probably about 2 months old? Do CoCo based mediums lose their nutes naturally with time?

Im starting to think that I should try to feed the little ones using a smaller dose then described, just to see if feeding with nutes helps?

Do you think trying to feed would be the best way to trouble shoot or do u think I should try another approach?

Thanx agian Sea for the help.

T

tasiga

You definatly have a micro nutrient deficiency. Rule of thumb is older leaves yellowing is a n.p.k deficiency. New growth yellowing is a micro nutrient deficiency.Hope this helps.

A

AliasAO

You definatly have a micro nutrient deficiency. Rule of thumb is older leaves yellowing is a n.p.k deficiency. New growth yellowing is a micro nutrient deficiency.Hope this helps.

Makes sense. thanxx for the advice.

What Micro nutes would u suggest I try first?

T

tasiga

dyna grow has a nice one. will have everything you need. foilar spray with it also.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you were to go solely by the charts I've provided you, they both point to a sulfur deficiency. It's something I've never seen, but that ain't sayin' much.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I would flush the medium with H2O with a PH of 5.8 and check your run off. I bet your locking your plant out. I would then add a well rounded nute solution again around 5.8 PH and 1/4 strength nutes. I like to use "Mother Plant" brand nutes for mothers and plants fresh out of the cloner. It has a nice well rounded dose of nutes micro and macro without trying to push the nutes up their roots. Some people feed their mother plants a veg formula and are adding too much of what the plant doesn't need. When I run into an issue I like to go back to the basics. I look at the air flow, RH, temp, light distance, CO2 availability, photo period, moisture in the medium, pests, then I go to nutes,ph,solution temps compared to environment temps. For instance if it's 80*F in your "room" you want to feed your plants with a cooler than 80*, more like 68*F to 72*F, to help them cool down. If your environment is jacked you add the chance that environment is playing a part in your plants "deficiency".

It looks like it had a great deal of N at one point and after that high N incident it got everything flushed out of it, OR locked out a certain nute due to high concentrations of say P locking out Fe (iron). You said you took the cut during bloom?

"Iron (or EDTA) can be locked out if the pH goes too high. Iron deficiency can show itself as slow growth combined with yellowing, almost whitening leaves. If your pH level is kept below 7, you should never experience Iron deficiency. If there is too much Phosphorus (P) present in the roots then Fe will be locked out. If you do suspect a low Iron level, lower you pH to about 6.3 ā€“ 6.5 until normal growth resumes. An excess of Iron (usually caused by too low a pH), will lock out Potassium, Manganese and Nitrogen." -quoted from RO

I think it'll pull through you just need to clean the slate and give her what she's asking for. Best of luck brotha.

Cheers,
Crom

A

AliasAO

If you were to go solely by the charts I've provided you, they both point to a sulfur deficiency. It's something I've never seen, but that ain't sayin' much.

Thanx for popping back in Sea. I was also thinking it had something to do with sulfur based on your charts, Im headed to my local grow shop to pick up some remedies in about 30 mins. Once I supplement a few nutes ill give it a day or two of observation and ill give an update.

I cant say this en0ough, thank you so much for you assistance and help, sincerely from me and my plants.

--AO

I would flush the medium with H2O with a PH of 5.8 and check your run off. I bet your locking your plant out. I would then add a well rounded nute solution again around 5.8 PH and 1/4 strength nutes. I like to use "Mother Plant" brand nutes for mothers and plants fresh out of the cloner. It has a nice well rounded dose of nutes micro and macro without trying to push the nutes up their roots. Some people feed their mother plants a veg formula and are adding too much of what the plant doesn't need. When I run into an issue I like to go back to the basics. I look at the air flow, RH, temp, light distance, CO2 availability, photo period, moisture in the medium, pests, then I go to nutes,ph,solution temps compared to environment temps. For instance if it's 80*F in your "room" you want to feed your plants with a cooler than 80*, more like 68*F to 72*F, to help them cool down. If your environment is jacked you add the chance that environment is playing a part in your plants "deficiency".

It looks like it had a great deal of N at one point and after that high N incident it got everything flushed out of it, OR locked out a certain nute due to high concentrations of say P locking out Fe (iron). You said you took the cut during bloom?

"Iron (or EDTA) can be locked out if the pH goes too high. Iron deficiency can show itself as slow growth combined with yellowing, almost whitening leaves. If your pH level is kept below 7, you should never experience Iron deficiency. If there is too much Phosphorus (P) present in the roots then Fe will be locked out. If you do suspect a low Iron level, lower you pH to about 6.3 ā€“ 6.5 until normal growth resumes. An excess of Iron (usually caused by too low a pH), will lock out Potassium, Manganese and Nitrogen." -quoted from RO

I think it'll pull through you just need to clean the slate and give her what she's asking for. Best of luck brotha.

Cheers,
Crom

Crom,

Thanx for the in depth response my friend. With your great response you basically reinforced what I was thinking and needed to hear. Yesterday I took the proactive approach and first took the PH levels of the run off water from the soil. To my surprise the run off was at about 5.5 Ph, so what I did was flush with PH adjusted water @6.3-6.4 to bring the Soil PH up to about 6.0 or so.

The plants have responded better but Im def thinking Im going to have to add some nutes. As I stated to Sea above ill be headed to my local grow spot to grab some nutes.

Is there a specific "Mother Plant" brand nute that you would recommend me picking up?

Right now I currently run the whole Fox Farms nute line for my budding ladies but i like the sound of an Alternative brand of nutes for my clones and Mothers.

How much do you add of each A & B per GALLON of water. Do you follow the manufacturer directions and give the 3-4 tsp each per GALLON? And how often do you feed with "Mother Plant"?

Thanx Crom you are a plant life safer. Thanx for the help and words of wisdom.

--AO

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
No problem I hope it helps. Yeah you need A & B to get the full spectrum of "mother plant". Some nutes can't be together without being diluted first so they made it a 2 part nute. It's designed to be used every watering and is supposed to influence branchiness and overall health of a stock plant, aka mother plant. When I feed, I feed all the mothers together so I give a generic feed of 15ml/G of A & B. I add 1ml/G of SuperThrive, 5ml/G of Silica Blast, and every 2 weeks I hit 'em with Great White. After I do that I watch how the plants react and dial in each individual strain according to what they seem to need. I use a 20G rubbermaid trash can with a pump, hose, airstone, and water wand. I have noticed that this may be a bit hot for some strains, @ 15ml/G of A & B. I will be dialing the generic down to about 10ml/G of A & B and see what happens then. From what I understand you don't need to flush the plant at all prior to cloning either. I supplement my feed with Super Tea (green label-veg) when they look like they could use a treat lol. But yeah I like the Mother Plant A & B so far. So you might want to start at 10ml/G and see what happens. The label says 3-4t/G and an EC of like 1.8. That seems a bit high so I used the 3t=1T=15ml/G and will now back down a bit. Best of luck.

:passingjoint:

Cheers,
Crom

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
One more thing, are you running soil or soilless mix? I ask because you should treat soilless mixes like hydro not soil. So that could be an issue as far as your ph being too high.

A

AliasAO

No problem I hope it helps. Yeah you need A & B to get the full spectrum of "mother plant". Some nutes can't be together without being diluted first so they made it a 2 part nute. It's designed to be used every watering and is supposed to influence branchiness and overall health of a stock plant, aka mother plant. When I feed, I feed all the mothers together so I give a generic feed of 15ml/G of A & B. I add 1ml/G of SuperThrive, 5ml/G of Silica Blast, and every 2 weeks I hit 'em with Great White. After I do that I watch how the plants react and dial in each individual strain according to what they seem to need. I use a 20G rubbermaid trash can with a pump, hose, airstone, and water wand. I have noticed that this may be a bit hot for some strains, @ 15ml/G of A & B. I will be dialing the generic down to about 10ml/G of A & B and see what happens then. From what I understand you don't need to flush the plant at all prior to cloning either. I supplement my feed with Super Tea (green label-veg) when they look like they could use a treat lol. But yeah I like the Mother Plant A & B so far. So you might want to start at 10ml/G and see what happens. The label says 3-4t/G and an EC of like 1.8. That seems a bit high so I used the 3t=1T=15ml/G and will now back down a bit. Best of luck.

Cheers,
Crom

One more thing, are you running soil or soilless mix? I ask because you should treat soilless mixes like hydro not soil. So that could be an issue as far as your ph being too high.

Just back from the grow shop, picked up Mother A & B, will be feeding the little ones very soon. Thanx for the feed break down, Ill be starting them off low, Im thinking of starting at about 1 1/2 tsp then ill go slightly above once the plants start to recover.

Im currently growing in a Coco Based medium which is primarily CoCo and perlite. Its called Royal Gold Basement. Premixed bags stuff.

Thanx for the conversion rates as well, I was already thinking.... "Shit what is 15ml as it relates to tsp's.

You the man Crom. Ill be feeding and giving an update once they start to pep back up and regain there healthy color.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Good stuff brotha. Again if your using coco and perlite it is considered a soilless mix. Ensure that you refer to the hydro side of the Fox Farm nute schedule as well as use "hydro" Grow Big by FF if you are using that for your veg nute base. Also I would keep in mind that that Grow Big from FF is pretty potent and can burn easy. Just an FYI.

Cheers,
Crom

A

AliasAO

Good stuff brotha. Again if your using coco and perlite it is considered a soilless mix. Ensure that you refer to the hydro side of the Fox Farm nute schedule as well as use "hydro" Grow Big by FF if you are using that for your veg nute base. Also I would keep in mind that that Grow Big from FF is pretty potent and can burn easy. Just an FYI.

Cheers,
Crom

Im almost ashamed to say I didnt know it was considered a soiless mix or atleast partially being as it contains bat guano and fish bone as well as other organic products. Ive been feeding using the FF Soil nute line with good results.

I read on there website that The royal gold basment mix can be used both with hydro and soil nutes. Im going to email the support team and confirm Im not crazy.

Thanx for straightening me out Crom.

Cheers

and

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
It's cool. I have heard others say that they treat their soil less mix like soil. I'm not sure why though? Difference being soil less mix has inert/nutrient less material like perlite, green sand, vermiculite, coco, etc. Soil contains slower releasing agents and feed the plant over time. For instance if you had straight perlite you would have to add nutrients every feed since the medium itself isn't providing the plant any nutrition. Now you should check with the royal gold basment mix guys and ensure that your nutes are compatible. This could be the reason for your issue? Probably not. Also if the medium you are using comes "pre charged" with nutes be sure to feed lightly if not give straight water for as long as the package states the medium will feed your plants for. Mediums such as Fox Farm Ocean Forest is a "hot" soil mix. Some Farmers report nute burn with this soil even after amending and cutting the soil with perlite. So the point is to make sure your feeding properly and not locking out certain nutes due to providing too much fertilizer. When in doubt, Flush. I would make sure your FF Grow Big is going to be okay as the rest of the line is fine. Also you might want to check your water quality for hardness. If your tap has a ppm under 250 I'd add CalMg, if your way over 250 you should consider RO. Unless you have this nailed down already. Best of luck.

Cheers,
Crom

A

AliasAO

It's cool. I have heard others say that they treat their soil less mix like soil. I'm not sure why though? Difference being soil less mix has inert/nutrient less material like perlite, green sand, vermiculite, coco, etc. Soil contains slower releasing agents and feed the plant over time. For instance if you had straight perlite you would have to add nutrients every feed since the medium itself isn't providing the plant any nutrition. Now you should check with the royal gold basment mix guys and ensure that your nutes are compatible. This could be the reason for your issue? Probably not. Also if the medium you are using comes "pre charged" with nutes be sure to feed lightly if not give straight water for as long as the package states the medium will feed your plants for. Mediums such as Fox Farm Ocean Forest is a "hot" soil mix. Some Farmers report nute burn with this soil even after amending and cutting the soil with perlite. So the point is to make sure your feeding properly and not locking out certain nutes due to providing too much fertilizer. When in doubt, Flush. I would make sure your FF Grow Big is going to be okay as the rest of the line is fine. Also you might want to check your water quality for hardness. If your tap has a ppm under 250 I'd add CalMg, if your way over 250 you should consider RO. Unless you have this nailed down already. Best of luck.

Cheers,
Crom

I think youre correct Crom regarding the probability that my slight def's are caused my using Soil nutes for my flowering ladies. It makes perfect sense because they are quite healthy along but arent dialed in "perfectly". It now explains why in my mind.

My next grow around I will be switching up to soiless nutes.

I Actually use Grow big at 1/2 strength bc it is hot.

I use TB and BB as prescribed as well as Beastie bloomz and tiger bloom.

My Ph is right on par but I do need to get a Ppm meter. Its currently the only measuring tool I dont have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom