New growth on my plants is yellow

• Thread starter tomjhannon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mrwickspiff

My plants are at about 6 weeks veg. I've been feeding the Fox farm nutrients and growing them in Fox farm soil. It's just the one plant that's turning yellow right now. I'm hoping it doesn't spread. I take that back...now there is two. I included picsView attachment 1261242
I would try some cal mag in your next watering , and add just a little bit of worm castings , one quick question are you getting close to flower ? If so it can just be the hormones changing or check for any bugs if you have any they can be sucking out the chlorophyll which keeps the plant looking green

Lpena93

Lpena93

Use this, you’re welcome 😅
F2324D9D C208 4DC9 8DF8 94EB3A0C93A1

tomjhannon

tomjhannon

Wont know now he flushed already… thats why it’s getting better. No idea if the flush was large enough to maintain the rest if the grow but something needs to change in his grow ir it will iust happen again
Wont know now he flushed already… thats why it’s getting better. No idea if the flush was large enough to maintain the rest if the grow but something needs to change in his grow ir it will iust happen again
Ph is 6.5. It started after I used dakane 420. I’m pretty sure it was nutrient lock out. All the other plants showed now signs of yellowing except for one and it was just starting. The plants are in their 8th week of veg. After the flush they are all nice and green with the exception of the one that was yellowing…I posted a pic of that one. I plan to return to using big bloom and grow big only until flowering. Thanks all for your help.

Lpena93

Lpena93

Ph is 6.5. It started after I used dakane 420. I’m pretty sure it was nutrient lock out. All the other plants showed now signs of yellowing except for one and it was just starting. The plants are in their 8th week of veg. After the flush they are all nice and green with the exception of the one that was yellowing…I posted a pic of that one. I plan to return to using big bloom and grow big only until flowering. Thanks all for your help.
6.5 is a good ph for soil

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not the ph of your nutrients that you feed but the ph of the soil. This can change for many reasons.

mancorn

mancorn

My plant seems to be recovering. I flushed with RO water until the water ran clear then flushed a few more a few more times and the green is returning. I also flushed all my other plants just in case and they all seem to be thriving.
Are you also doing your regular watering with RO? If so you’re removing all the minerals and will probably need to supplement beyond the standard FF. (Personally unless you have some crazy source, don’t think RO in dirt makes sense.)

tomjhannon

tomjhannon

Its an iron issue almost certainly PH related. Im am more than sure

Flush with a temp and ph balanced water with a light dose of cal mag 3x pot volume.

Then feed half dose nutrients at 1x pot volume.

Lots of work but quick fix. Then give a good dry cycle.
I did the flush several times. Once I was sure they were clear of any chemicals I gave the plant a small dose of Iron and it greened right up.
Its an iron issue almost certainly PH related. Im am more than sure

Flush with a temp and ph balanced water with a light dose of cal mag 3x pot volume.

Then feed half dose nutrients at 1x pot volume.

Lots of work but quick fix. Then give a good dry cycle.
I did the flush several times. Once I was sure there was no chemicals left I gave the plant a small dose of iron and it greened right up.

A07DB029 2874 4A10 9FA7 A290B4DE7C33
tomjhannon

tomjhannon

Are you also doing your regular watering with RO? If so you’re removing all the minerals and will probably need to supplement beyond the standard FF. (Personally unless you have some crazy source, don’t think RO in dirt makes sense.)
No I don’t use ro water regularly. I only used it once on the plant in question. I usually use city water and have not had a problem with it. The ro water was indeed to remove all the chemicals and start fresh.

tomjhannon

tomjhannon

What was your iron source?
Liquinox Iron and Zinc. I used one ounce in a gallon. I had tried it before I flushed and then decided that the problem was nutrient lock out then flushed a few times. After about 3-4 days with no nut's I tried it again and it worked well. This particular problem is new to me . This is probably my fifth grow and I guess I learned how to treat Iron deficiency. All is well

tomjhannon

tomjhannon

Not the ph of your nutrients that you feed but the ph of the soil. This can change for many reasons.

I took the ph of the soil after they were flushed and it was 6.5. Today after feeding it is still 6.5

mancorn

mancorn

Liquinox Iron and Zinc. I used one ounce in a gallon. I had tried it before I flushed and then decided that the problem was nutrient lock out then flushed a few times. After about 3-4 days with no nut's I tried it again and it worked well. This particular problem is new to me . This is probably my fifth grow and I guess I learned how to treat Iron deficiency. All is well
Thanks for the info. I think I’ve see it on young plants over the years, when they’re in small pots. But I normally don’t keep them potted for long (and it seems to correct after planting) so never tried a supplement. Maybe it’s just the new growth color.

EFF75CF6 1740 492C 9D4E BEEF6531D515

But i’ve been questioning some yellow/neon green plants that I suspect might be iron. I use dry organics and besides green sand & blood meal (neither of which I use) don’t think I have a source. Maybe just some compost would correct any shortage.

9177C39C 4D00 4767 A379 14D0DECAD6D2

2D427EA3 6006 4D21 A915 C8C351856539

Top Bottom