New growth twisty in flower

• Thread starter OgGrowingDro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

Hey guys I was just wondering if you guys normally see new growth twist a little once flowering starts. I am about to do a water change and just want thoughts. (Also see one plant praying kind of a lot) the setup:

4x4 tent with 3 leds (800 real watts) about 22 inches away i plan to raise the lights a little.
Bluelab gaurdian combo meter
4 site rdwc NL Auto for the strain
I use ro water <25 with GH trio, calimagic, dg protekt, floralicious plus, hydrogaurd
Right now im using a transition ratio of close to 1, 1.5, 2 and going to a 1,3,2
Ive been putting like .6 ec calmag and adding like .1-.2 epsom salt (ik it seems like a lot but ive worked it up to that point seing slight deficiencies). Ec is about 2.0 and stays close normally drops maybe a point every few days, ive changed res about every 2 weeks and right after ph rises for the first couple days then would drop .1 every day to every other day( not a clue why? I think maybe air quality have had issues always) i keep res temps 68-75. Temps 68-81 humidity sitting right around 60. Always looking to improve the grow any way thanks (:

New growth twisty in flower
New growth twisty in flower 2
New growth twisty in flower 3
New growth twisty in flower 4
New growth twisty in flower 5
New growth twisty in flower 6
New growth twisty in flower 7
New growth twisty in flower 8
New growth twisty in flower 9
New growth twisty in flower 10
New growth twisty in flower 11
quirk

quirk

Too much light. I raised mine 6" today because of the same problem and my light is just 300W actual. You might need to take it ten or more inches. When it's at comfortable height for the plant, I see recovery in less than 48 hours. I make this mistake often. Good looking plants.

OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

Thanks for the response I wasn't too sure, I got about 8 or so inches I can move the lights so ill make sure to do that soon (:

B

Burned Haze

1.What’s your temps range and humidity ?
2. Make sure your in proper light range inches the led manufacturer suggested ( like timber led’s suggest 14 inch- 18 inch)
3. If it’s dimmable than keep it at proper inches and dim it, if it’s a optional buy ( I would buy it for the led if option )

got a humidity and temp min/max under your canopy? This will tell you if your vpd is correct if your logging if you don’t have a device like pulse ( wireless environment controller ) or Start paper logging and making sure vpd is correct and get your environment dialed .

Led want higher temps and co2 vs traditional lights
80-85f day, 68f min night
Co2 900ppm-1500ppm (I’m keeping mine at 1200-1300 to save c02 )
Feed : since co2 15-25%+ more feed + micros than traditional lights ( since higher ppfd)

Don’t understand vpd? + vpd graph + vpd calculator

‘here’s a good guide on led and environment and why I explained what I did, very interesting on why leds need the Environment difference and win.
fluence.science/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/High-PPFD-Cultivation-Guide-9.27.16.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

My hydrometer kinda broke on me but i do follow VPD and have a temp/humidity probe in tent that constantly reads (Ac infinity controller, it alarms high and lows but doesnt record) temps 68-81 was watching humidity ive left it alone because its stayed 50-65% on its own. I do not run any C02, leds are not dimmable but i have moved as far up as i can(one of the leds is different brand with x2 watts of others and i had it close to those specs on inches maybe a couple closer). What do you guys think on the PH? I follow the ph ec and water level chart and it always seems right after a res change it will go up like .1 the first day or 2 and act what i assume to be normal then would switch ways and slowly drop like .1 every day or so they've always seemed to drink water everyday and ec normally stays still and if it moves drops like .1 every other day every time i look at the chart it says rez change or potential rain acid effect and my last grow was single dwc buckets i had issues with ph dropping 1.0 a day, this grow is now 20 gallon res and i opened a port on my air pump to hopefully help combat that? Another thing I am curious about is if you guys use anything in hydro for terpines? My last grow was decent but idk man it just didnt quite have that taste i was looking for, Thanks

Top Bottom