new guy here

• Thread starter BIGBONEZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BIGBONEZ

what up everyone im new on the farm and happy to be here i just started doing what we all do last march and only did one harvest i was only using 3 150's and i had to get one at a time so it started pritty slow. but now i got a 600 hps so i think ill be able to do good things

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Tell your big brother to link us to this thread. Welcome.

R

runkaproducts

I am in support of green organic farming and using green organic products. Share your ideas with me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Start learning about Slow Money. Shift the economic paradigm from growth to development.

420king-MASSES

Thats a very interesting idea seamaiden please elaborate oh and hey bonedick welcome to the farm my dude

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey there, MASSES, it *is* an interesting idea, and it's not one I came up with on my own. I just read about it and it's really piqued my interest.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2009/03/the_nature_of_slow_money.html

http://www.slowmoney.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_Money

So, in essence, it's the idea that we, as a culture, have to start putting more back into the earth than we've been taking out, especially with regard to renewables and farm production. It's the idea that we should accept that our planet is, indeed, a finite space with finite resources, and we have to shift the concept of economic growth, which demands physical expansion and reliance upon non-renewable resources, which leads to a "loss of concept" or knowledge about what's happening quite literally with our money (think credit, loans, investing, all that stuff, especially investing) and how quickly it moves in the electronic and information age, which means that we don't really know what our money is doing, where our food is coming from, and the earth is left in a deficit, which leaves *us* in a deficit.

And so, the concept is that if we can shift the thought process, the paradigm if you will, if we can shift our thinking to accept that money itself isn't the only profit, that healthy soils and ecosystems and clean water are another type of profit, which requires development (think innovation, invention, design, change) instead of growth only, then we may find a better economic *and* ecologic structure.

I think that deserves its own thread, but I ain't a-gonna right now! Leaving it in your li'l bro's thread. :D

T

theTinker

what up everyone im new on the farm and happy to be here i just started doing what we all do last march and only did one harvest i was only using 3 150's and i had to get one at a time so it started pritty slow. but now i got a 600 hps so i think ill be able to do good things

Hey welcome to the farm BB.
I started off with 9*23watt CFLS growing 8 plants then upped to a 600 HPS.. Ur gonna be VERY happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom