New Guy Here

• Thread starter Holdmybeer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Holdmybeer

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a safe, happy Saturday. I've been lurking for a while now contemplating on whether or not to start a few plants. I've got 5 NL autoflower seedlings in week 1 sitting in coco/perlite in well drained solo cups. There are two that are showing brown cotyledons. I have yet to use any nutes because I've read the cotyledons have enough stored nutrients until the first true serrated leaves appear. I've been watering VERY sparingly (maybe +-2 cc's daily) of ph 6.0 tap water left out to evaporate chlorine. Lighting is a single cfl 12" from the tops of leaves checking to make sure there's no heat at the plant top. I've been reading a lot of conflicting info on the internet about what my issue may be. Possibly overwatering or nutrient deficit. I'm still in the consciously incompetent phase of botany so be gentle lol. I know this is the wrong forum for this so I will be starting a new thread in the infirmary with pics and full discription of what has been done so far once I get home from work. I hope to see some of you fine folks there so I can pick your brains and hopefully get whatever issue I have resolved quickly. Take care. B

justiceman

justiceman

Welcome to the farm! I havn't grown any auto's yet. I feel like I'm behind the times as it seems like everyone is doing it. Must dabble with them soon. I'll check out your thread when you post it. Sounds like you are on track though.

H

Holdmybeer

Yea I chose autos just to get my feet wet. After these are finished I'll be switching to photoperiod because of the wider variety and ability to clone. I've got about 7 years experience in mycology growing oyster, shittake, and the occasional "other" so I'm having trouble shifting to this form of cultivation. That being said if anyone has a question about mycology please feel free to PM me and I'll help however I can.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Welcome to the farm! I've actually been seriously considering mushroom cultivation here in the Mojave to meet a market opening I've noticed. There's a vibrant farmers market in Joshua Tree, and no one is selling specialty mushrooms.

Dinner at my folks' the other night, everyone was sharing a joint and one of the ladies there decided, while she was high as balls, that she wants to do Psilocybe cubensis. Given this gal, that'd be guaranteed to be a whole world o' fun!

Top Bottom