New guy with questions PLease help

• Thread starter rj420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rj420

Live in los angeles area

I have a few ebb and grow systems and have had problems with the newly designed ones....

The buckets dont seem to fit right and are a donkey to pull apart now for cleaning. there is a gap in a few of them that just dont fit all the way...wtf????
Also had a master bucket fail on me right out of the box and flood a little bit (i watch for leaks the first run) also had 2 elbows have holes in them start leaking.
i am now only looking for the old thicker buckets to buy off people...i may return these others..

I have always had deficiencies about the 4-6 week mark as well no matter what nutrients im running.
I must say that even with the problems overall the system puts out some very nice fruit.
But absolute perfection with maximum yields is everyones dream soo.
anyone run the a/b connosieur without deficiencies in the ebb and grow system????
i just got it...fruit look killer....but plants could look better...

i run advanced connosieur a and b with other advanced products.

Had anyone had any issues with the full power humic ???

Seems like it made the plant burn a little and the nutrients started coagulating .... and smelled like sulfer after a day and a half. went back to my base and problems stopped...maybe it was a bad batch or doesnt mix well with advanced...hmmmmm

If anyone has any helpful advanced nutrient notes for me i would appreciate it...
again they look lovely in veg and about week 3-6 leaves start showing browning along edges starting with fan leaves and moving towards newer growth...curling under ...i run 900 ppm a and b
i run pro tekt silica at 2,5 mil gal
nirvana and big bud at 8 mil/gal
usually stop at 1350 ppm and dont go any higher but switch out the secondaries depending on the week.

any help would be great
thanks a bunch
happy growing

I

ibTheMan

Have you thought of switchn to coco & buckets, you could probably get better yields, better taste,better quality with alot less problems and with coco your still do n hydro.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i dont know about new systems i have one and so does a friend that are about a year old. he has had zero problems and in mine twice i think the timer stuck.

buckets fit fine no issues there.

there is supposed to be a elbow with a hole in it it's for the fill line on the lid of the res! this is a pressure release to prevent siphoning WHICH WILL FLOOD YOUR SYSTEM.

i hope you got the 90 degree elbow with the hole that has the silver tape on it from the manufacture to differenciate it from the others installed correctly if not you will have problems.

only other issue i had was not mounting my pump inside the controller and it leaning on the lower float switches preventing it from knowing there was still nutes to drain so my plants stayed flooded all day but didn't show a sign of drooping or anything.

as far as burn or plant issues i wouldn't be so quick to blame the system. have you ran the same genetics in say soiless using the same feed and not had the problem? if you have nothing to compare it to in that exact same room there are too many potential problem causers to blame the system.

FYI everyone i know floods 3 times a day in flower lights on, mid way, lights off and it's 15 min for 12 buckets and 30 min or 45 min per flood if you have more. i'm running 30 buckets at 45 min floods.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
welcome to the farm rj420!

you may want to post your question in one of the growing forums, "General Indoor Growing" or "Advanced Techniques & Problems".

this forum is for your introduction.

Papa

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

haha thanks for catching that papa i never look at what section people are posting in i just look at new posts so i didn't even welcome him!

welcome rj420!

Papa

Papa

Supporter
okay rj420, I'm moving this thread to the Advanced Techniques forum.

Please go back and post another thread in the introduction forum that is an introduction.

yeah, me too Str8Dank, until i got the new job.

(and thanks for logging on with the old pc earlier. now i know who you really are!)

Papa

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

LOL Papa i posted in the MI thread telling everyone when i swapped handles. i didn't like that handle and i was using this one elsewhere and i figured bite the bullet and change here so everyone everywhere knows who they are talking to. had not used that laptop for anything but streaming pandora in my house in like a year so that's what happens with auto login lol.

Top Bottom