• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

New Hampshire: Veto of Medical Marijuana Bill
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: July 10, 2009

Gov. John Lynch vetoed legislation that would have made New Hampshire the 14th state to legalize marijuana use by severely ill people, citing concerns over distribution and cultivation. Lawmakers had made extensive changes to the bill in hopes of winning over Mr. Lynch, who had been critical from the start. But the governor, a Democrat, said the bill still had too many defects. “I understand and empathize with the advocates for allowing medical marijuana use in New Hampshire,” he said. “However, the fact remains that marijuana use for any purpose remains illegal under federal law.” The bill’s sponsor, Representative Evalyn S. Merrick, a Democrat, said she would push for an override.

F

florida flowers

Too many defects? What about the laws we got for marijuana now? They have wayyyyy more defects. And if 13 other states did it, and their willing to deal with the federal gov't, then why can't new hampshire?

If you live in New Hampshire you should support Evalyn S. Merrick for the override of the veto.

Z

zoeronerer

told ya so........ they dont care about pain or suffering. everyone needs to remember that even in the semi legal states.....

Y

YaBoyRich

Why don't people open their eyes?! dont they kno that it is awsome?!

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
wow, especially when there motto on there plates says
Live Free Or Die :giggle

they should probably change that one

Delta-9 Labs

Delta-9 Labs

Breeder
Supporter
I agree with you florida flowers! Everyone in New Hampshire should get behind(or next to!) and support representative Evalyn S. Merrick. She seems to be coming from a more open minded generation! Ed at Delta-9 Labs

R

redog

From what I see

Most Americans have become just plain lazy.They may support it verbally,but to actually make the effort to write these pinheads to voice their concerns or opinions is just beyond them.
Wake up people.Make the effort.

B

bass ackwards

Redog hit the nail on the head. Things will change when we as a group make the effort to change them. Sitting in front of a computer posting on these boards will not change anything. Until people are willing to support those people and organizations that are trying to change things,very little will be accomplished.

V

vr4x4

I think a big reason behind why people dont want to stand up for it, is that people are just scared. They feel like if they write into these people that they will use it against them somehow. They have jumped through hoops for this to pass, he (John Lynch) asked for many things to be done and they were to his liking if not more than he asked. And now he backs out because it all happened, when in his perfect little world no one would pull through enough for it to happen. So he vetoed.... So we are getting closer and closer, we just are not there yet. I really hope it happenes soon though. I hope this whole prohibision is over soon... I can grow grapes and drink some wine. I should be able to grow a cannabis plant and smoke a little pot if i choose.

Live free or die as someone said earlier.... YA RIGHT! well thats my $.02

K

Kalcu

What is that DEA agent smoking in that hookah? It takes team work to bubble

B

blueglass70

Its not funny that a " free country" tells us what we can put inside our own temples, next we will be rationed to 2 helpings of gruel each day. Live Free or Die Trying.

B

bdawgburner

BOOOOOO!!!! I have a feeling this is going to happen in IL when the state congress comes back. BOOOO to them in advance.

T

tribeca

good thing some states think outside the fed. box....

Its a great thing but the FEDS can come into those states and arrest a person on federal charges that carry longer sentences than state laws.So the fight that we need to be fighting is at the federal level.Until then, whether med patient or just another joe blow, you better watch your 6.

M

manwithaplan

I wouldn't put it past the N.H. senate to override the Governor's veto. From my understanding it had overwhelming support among state senators. Any Governor can be overridden. I think in no time, N.H. will be on its way to compassion. The people are asking for it nationwide, and where getting alot of press. One state at a time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom