New Here Close To Harvest But Got A Few Questions

• Thread starter Dafinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dafinny

Somehow I'm growing an incredibly healthy plant of Super OG Kush in coco coir, LED light with nutrients and never a bad leaf. She's small only about 23" tall. I am in the 9th week of flowering.
I've read too much and messed with her even more but yet she thrives.
A couple of weeks ago into my 7th week of flowering I bent all the stems, panicked, taped them up and unbelievably they healed and are standing up nice except for 2 of them. They still look fine.
I've started flushing Sunday and gave her another flush yesterday. The bag is heavy.
Again me being me was wondering why my buds were so skinny and read that they will plump up in the last 2 weeks. I am also checking trichomes. They are still pretty clear.
Oh and yesterday I defoliate her. Yikes! (Bored)
So my questions are:
1. Wait for trichomes to get milky and a few turning amber to determine harvest?
2. My plant is still so very green.. I've never had a discolored leaf throughout the entire grow... should I be waiting for some leaves to turn color?
3. Will the buds in fact plump up these last 2 weeks?
4. What do I do now until harvest regarding heat, humidity, light?
5. Will the defoliating stunt her for a bit before she is a little less traumatized?

I've been searching these forums relentlessly and I'm half blind from reading so any help to these questions would be really relieving to me.

Thanks People!!!

New here close to harvest but got a few questions
New here close to harvest but got a few questions 2
iKharon

iKharon

Somehow I'm growing an incredibly healthy plant of Super OG Kush in coco coir, LED light with nutrients and never a bad leaf. She's small only about 23" tall. I am in the 9th week of flowering.
I've read too much and messed with her even more but yet she thrives.
A couple of weeks ago into my 7th week of flowering I bent all the stems, panicked, taped them up and unbelievably they healed and are standing up nice except for 2 of them. They still look fine.
I've started flushing Sunday and gave her another flush yesterday. The bag is heavy.
Again me being me was wondering why my buds were so skinny and read that they will plump up in the last 2 weeks. I am also checking trichomes. They are still pretty clear.
Oh and yesterday I defoliate her. Yikes! (Bored)
So my questions are:
1. Wait for trichomes to get milky and a few turning amber to determine harvest?
2. My plant is still so very green.. I've never had a discolored leaf throughout the entire grow... should I be waiting for some leaves to turn color?
3. Will the buds in fact plump up these last 2 weeks?
4. What do I do now until harvest regarding heat, humidity, light?
5. Will the defoliating stunt her for a bit before she is a little less traumatized?

I've been searching these forums relentlessly and I'm half blind from reading so any help to these questions would be really relieving to me.

Thanks People!!!
1) generally, yes, milky and ambering..
2) at the end, leaves will inevitably yellow and kill off to push more energy into the buds.
3) yes, they will keep plumping.
4) good general rule of thumb is 75/55 temp and RH.
5) you can defoliate somewhat.. again, you'll be helping her to focus on budding.

Hope this helps somewhat. Happy growing :)

iKharon

iKharon

Just let her do her thing - flush in a week or two.. just keep an eye. And yes, they are super resilient.. you can damn near break branches, angle to your liking, tape em, and they'll knuckle and heal

indicabush

indicabush

Hi @Dafinny ....plant looks fine, check the link I sent you on harvesting by trichome and defoliating will not hurt your harvest.

iKharon

iKharon

If you don't have these... pick them up. Almost any and all questions should be answered. :)

IMG 1004
indicabush

indicabush

Hi @iKharon ...we're bumping heads ha,ha,ha I was about to send her links to some PDF's to download ,but you covered the bases.

iKharon

iKharon

Hi @iKharon ...we're bumping heads ha,ha,ha I was about to send her links to some PDF's to download ,but you covered the bases.
Lol.. bro, those books are all any serious grower needs. And we always gotta remind people, they are weeds :) lol

indicabush

indicabush

Your Uncle wants dull have him visit Albany, ha,ha,ha...in the middle of preparing red beans and rice for dinner (lunch time for some). We have some serious farmers in these woods both indoor/outdoor.

iKharon

iKharon

Your Uncle wants dull have him visit Albany, ha,ha,ha...in the middle of preparing red beans and rice for dinner (lunch time for some). We have some serious farmers in these woods both indoor/outdoor.
You might know my uncle.. he's been growing over 25 years.. lol. He's a crazy farmer

iKharon

iKharon

We're all crazy Brother:smoking:
This is true! Lol.. living within our means, getting by but loving what we do.. playing mad scientist. Wouldn't trade the lifestyle for anything else. I'm no longer a slave to someone else. All I could've hoped for :)

indicabush

indicabush

Recipe of grandeur no illusions of grandeur for sure. Success is always great feeling.

D

Dafinny

1) generally, yes, milky and ambering..
2) at the end, leaves will inevitably yellow and kill off to push more energy into the buds.
3) yes, they will keep plumping.
4) good general rule of thumb is 75/55 temp and RH.
5) you can defoliate somewhat.. again, you'll be helping her to focus on budding.

Hope this helps somewhat. Happy growing :)
Thanks so much!
Boy these forums can have you all over the place. I read a week ago to keep humidity down low because it's an indica... Also to keep it cool. Did I start flushing too early? She's in her 9th week of flower.
Should I still be giving her nutrients?
She's had 2 good flushes since Sunday and now I'm just waiting for her to dry up a bit. Uggggg! I just put my humidity back on... ohhhh myyyy!

indicabush

indicabush

@Dafinny .....No more nutrients....you have a couple of weeks at best before harvest....humidity is based on your indoor environment....understand that each strain and even individual plants will react differently. I have grown lots of indica's and during the blooming phase have kept my humidity between 50 - 55% with never a problem.

D

Dafinny

@Dafinny .....No more nutrients....you have a couple of weeks at best before harvest....humidity is based on your indoor environment....understand that each strain and even individual plants will react differently. I have grown lots of indica's and during the blooming phase have kept my humidity between 50 - 55% with never a problem.
Perfect!!! I hope have the humidity below 20 for a week won't damage it but it's going back up now. It's at 37%..... I choose to go with the pro's... no more googling! Lol

Top Bottom