New here looking for advice

• Thread starter kennewa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fishmon

Im kinda confused on the nodes i understand what they are but anything ive studied said their usually symetrical an if u look at the zoap an gp the seem to be offset
Im kinda confused on the nodes i understand what they are but anything ive studied said their usually symetrical an if u look at the zoap an gp the seem to be offset

just count each one as you go up,,, it’s no biggie when top, just not too early,.. i like to wait till the side branching has started growing usually 10-15th node
Yeah clones do the offset or alternating nodes thing for some reason. And it is confusing from a topping standpoint and topping almost seems pointless From seed they are symmetrical and straight forward mostly. I have had success creating way more tops in this situation by simply bending the top of the plant over and tying it down. Then, as the lower branches become more dominant, train them down with the idea of keeping the canopy reasonably level. Eventually, it will take on the appearance of a rib cage. Looks kinda goofy but will greatly increase main tops. The base may need to be secured in the opposite direction if necessary. This one was tall and lanky and easily bent down so didn't really need any counter measures at the base. If you're doing multiple plants, you could try bending, topping, or letting one go al naturalle and see for yourself which gives the best results.

20230722 191640
20230805 095330
20230805 093722
K

kennewa

Here is a split photo of before and after topping.
I topped at the top but you can cut a few nodes down to make the plant shorter or so you can make all plants the

I understand clones have alternating branches because it's a characteristic of maturity and they're as old as the mother plant.
Thats crazy i had no idea yall have helped me out already lol

K

kennewa

Watcing them grow a few times helped me. There's plenty to learn at every point in the process of going from seed to smoke.
Im in love so far just in constant stress wish it was 20 years ago were u heard this way or that way gets overwhelming starting out sometimes lol with 100 dif ways to do 1 thing

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Im in love so far just in constant stress wish it was 20 years ago were u heard this way or that way gets overwhelming starting out sometimes lol with 100 dif ways to do 1 thing
It's true. There are many ways to grow marijuana. There are more than a few ways to screw it up, too. So, it's difficult to know what to do. Growers tend to make recommendations based on how they do it, but that may not be the way you're doing it.

I'd say there are a few decisions to make early that would be helpful. My first thought is to decide what medium to use and what nutrients to amend. It helps set the focus so you can better sort out the extraneous information. I decided to grow in soil with organic nutrients. It's probably the most forgiving method, so it's good for a new grower. So, that's what I recommend. It certainly isn't the only way to grow, though.

K

kennewa

It's true. There are many ways to grow marijuana. There are more than a few ways to screw it up, too. So, it's difficult to know what to do. Growers tend to make recommendations based on how they do it, but that may not be the way you're doing it.

I'd say there are a few decisions to make early that would be helpful. My first thought is to decide what medium to use and what nutrients to amend. It helps set the focus so you can better sort out the extraneous information. I decided to grow in soil with organic nutrients. It's probably the most forgiving method, so it's good for a new grower. So, that's what I recommend. It certainly isn't the only way to grow, though.
I have a really good medium i mixed fox farm happy from an ocean blend an a ton of other stuff an made a super soil an let it sit a few months made sure it wasnt running hot an didnt dry out im actually very happy with the soil i put it on the bottom an filled the rest with ocean blend so the roots could reach for all the more nutrious soil when it was running low im organic soil as well

P

Puffinaway

ahhhh memories from old skool days. No plant gone to waste! We would dry those tops out and smoke them. They always gave a good buzz.

Top Bottom