New here & new to RDWC - Need help understanding where I went wrong!

• Thread starter caukygrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caukygrow

caukygrow

Hello! I am new here! I really need some help... I've grown some monsters in coco and decided to switch over to an RDWC setup. I got the whole kit, researched everything I could about it and have run into some issues...

My seeds germinated on the 11th April, about 4 weeks ago.
I am growing autoflowers from Fastbuds, LSD-25, pineapple express and G14 auto. The seeds were about 2 years old and took slightly longer to germinate than usual.

I had them in rockwool for about a week until I saw each of them with a root out the bottom of the rockwool.

From that point, I transplanted into my system with a PH of 5.8, water temp of 20c and grow tent of 21c.

My PPM's were around 200-300 to start. I slowly upped to 400-450PPM.
Humidity was 60-70%
I set my lights on 20 hours a day and started at a low setting. It's a 480W LED which I set to 30% (typical of what I'd do in a coco grow with good results previously)
My water has a base PPM of 0 - it's rainwater collected in a tank.

I expected that my seedlings would reach the water quickly and I top fed for the first week until the first root came out of the netcup & hit the water.
My water was set one inch below the netcup.

From that point, I had extremely slow growth.
I left it for two weeks with occasional top feeding until I realised they're still growing at a snails pace & were showing signs of hunger. (yellow leaves)

I have since started top feeding daily with about 120ml of water squirted around the rockwool (Not directly on it)

My roots have grown out the side of the netcup & have very few growing out the bottom. Now my plants look like they are flowering............ and they are tiny... so I am going to mark this grow as a complete failure - just want to know what I did wrong for next time..

I am using FloraMax nutes. I've put some pictures of my setup, each of the roots of my plants

Thank you in advance!!!

(Please note, my netcups looked soaked because I raised the water level up the other day in the hopes that it would promote growth, but my leaves started drooping, so I lowered it again to 1 inch below the cup)

My growdiaries profile is here: (I don't have all my plants, but they are all started at the same time)

New here  new to rdwc   need help understanding where i went wrong
New here  new to rdwc   need help understanding where i went wrong 2
New here  new to rdwc   need help understanding where i went wrong 3
New here  new to rdwc   need help understanding where i went wrong 4
New here  new to rdwc   need help understanding where i went wrong 5
New here  new to rdwc   need help understanding where i went wrong 6
New here  new to rdwc   need help understanding where i went wrong 7
New here  new to rdwc   need help understanding where i went wrong 8
New here  new to rdwc   need help understanding where i went wrong 9
New here  new to rdwc   need help understanding where i went wrong 10
J

Jonesfam

First off auto flowers ain't best option for that type of system, but don't take my bias opinion, I personally hate autos. In all my hydroponic system I have always used beneficial bacteria vs sterile to keep the root rot away, I used hydrogaurd for years and recently switched to southern ag garden friendly fungicide. 1 ml per 10 gallons of water.

J

Jonesfam

Dwc should be goin almost 2x the speed in veg. In my experience so yeah something is off.

Top Bottom