New here & to MMJ...

• Thread starter TyKaycha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TyKaycha

Just got registered here and also where I live as a Medical Marijuana patient. Funny thing is before I got registered as a patient, I had only tried MMJ a few times, the last time being back in college (20 yrs ago)! I have found it though to be much nicer on my system instead of all the prescription meds the docs keep trying to get me to take. Helps with increasing my mobility (knee injury from when I was in the military) and also helps with my migraines (as a matter of fact, haven't had one for several weeks now).

Ok so I'm thinking about starting my own grow. Have watched several grow videos & read a ton of grow journals on the various mj forums. Now just trying to figure out what strains/seeds I want to order. Thinking maybe DNA Genetics' Chocolupe as it sounds wonderful and I haven't been able to track it down locally. Would love to also try Blackberry Kush as the pics in the latest issue of High Times make it look incredible!

Anyway, glad to be here. Not much of a forum poster, more of a reader. Still have a ton to learn but figure the best way is just to dive in and start growing my own.

See ya all around!
-Ty

T

TyKaycha

I guess I should of introduced myself a little better -
I'm in my late 30's, work in the medical field, served in the military for just under 10yrs, not really much of a smoker prefer medicating via edibles or tincture, been a MMJ patient for about 3 weeks now.

That's a little better....

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
hello TyKaycha welcome to the forums :)

L

Lost

Welcome to the site and to this wonderful plant. I think you will respect cannibis if you do grow, it is amazing! I have a regular garden (in the warmer months), and they are so boring compared to the mj plants.

For starting out, i have to reccommend pre-98 Bubba Kush if you like kushes. The great thing about 98 for new growers is the most common mistake is the early chop. If you chop 98 early, its still great. And it has a 52 day flower period and its nuts at 65 days.

In short its a vigourous grower, easy to please (if your using r/o water she will want a bit of cal/mag, and a decent kush yielder. Your best bet is finding a club like suite 215 or someone that has the cut. Seeds seem to be prety hard to come by. Also, 98 cloned fairly easily, so again its a great beginner strain, but its strong.

T

TyKaycha

Thanks Logic & Lost.

Lost - is suite 215 out in So-Cal? Unfortunately I'm a little more east of that (Rocky Mtn area). I'll keep an eye out for pre-98 Bubba Kush. Sounds like a winner to start off with. Thanks!

Anyone else have any suggestions?

MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3

I am in the same boat as you. I have read lots of books, magazines, and even attended Oaksterdam University. But the best way to learn is DIY. Started my first grow and am now into flowering. Had a little bump, but things have been going fairly well. I would suggest starting out with soil. Everyone suggested it to me because it is more forgiving. Temp, humidity, and good air circulation are key. I started with a clone and enjoyed the head start. Next time I think I would like to start with a seed, just to work with it from the beginning. Just have fun with it.

Top Bottom