New Hydro Grower Here...need Some Input

• Thread starter GreaseMunkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreaseMunkey

I'm new to hydro, been growing for about 8 years either for myself or helping others...right now I'm starting a hydro set up in rockwool.
the babies are currently.fly in a temporary room until I button up one of the 3 flower rooms.

I am using flora Nov. right now the gg#4 are growing fine but the sfv OG don't seem to be doing anything. they are on day 10 from transplant.

my setup
6" rockwool cubes, going to get some flood trays soon. the first flower room is 9x11x8.5. with 6 1000w lights. I have to sanitize and bomb it before putting the babies in there. I want around 20-25 plants per tray. prob 3 trays. 2 lights above each.

here are some of my questions

#1 ,,what is this green bullshit and why is it growing on my cubes? it's mainly on just the one gg4 but a lil on a few others as well

#2 I've seen some people cover their trays with panda film so the cubes arent under the light, is this neccesary?

#3 I'm just going to be top feeding by hand. is this ok and what meter should I get to measure moisture content.
and I have only needed to feed once every 3 or 4 days currently

#4 should I put a 1000w over the babies or is the t5 gonna do fine? I will get another 8 bank t5 to add if so.

#5 I've heard of people using FN bloom for veg and not even use veg?? opinions?

I'm sure there are some things I'm forgetting but for now any input is going to be super helpful

New hydro grower hereneed some input
New hydro grower hereneed some input 2
New hydro grower hereneed some input 3
New hydro grower hereneed some input 4
New hydro grower hereneed some input 5
New hydro grower hereneed some input 6
New hydro grower hereneed some input 7
New hydro grower hereneed some input 8
G

GreaseMunkey

sorry my camera is shitty . and the taller babies are the gg4 the smaller ones that don't look so good are the sfv og

DGP

DGP

Your getting algae on the top of the cubes. I cover the top of my media to prevent this.

1k lights are way too strong for babies. T5 is fine til your plants are much bigger. I use RDWC but in flood and drain systems I have seen they typically water more often than 3 to 4 days.

Dee

Top Bottom