New Hydro set up need sum help setting up

• Thread starter OrganicIndalung
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OrganicIndalung

I would like to grow a single plant in my3'x2'x4' closet. Here is the first question i need a good vented reflector i was hoping to get a 6" tube with or without wings ,does anyone have a favorite? I have the hopes of getting a simple hydro setup with coco and start them in rockwool. Does anyone have a beef with advanced hydroponics for nutes? Last question is about ventalation. Due to space i was going to run 6" ducting to a 4" splitter and run 1 duct to the closet and the other to an adapter allowing it to hook up to the 6" tube reflector. The exhaust would look the same. Its only a 250W HPS so will this 4"-6" rednecking leave me with a hot light? I have good fans pushing air in and pulling air out but they're only 4" Any help would be appreciated burn on

L

LEBDOG

The SunTube is a little wider than the CoolTube. I have 2 CoolTubes and 1 SunTube and wish I had 3 SunTubes instead.

I think you should be fine through the winter with your janky (just kidding) venting. If you are gonna share the ducting, I would try to locate you ballast high at minimum and outside the room at best to help with temps. Get 1 big or 2 small rotating fans and make sure they hit right between the light and the tops of your plants and you will also get away with slightly higher than advised temps. As you get in to this you really may want to fix the problem by looking at things differently though as there is a right way to do things (rewarding in stability and yield)

I would really rather see you run a Quantum (fairly cool with internal fan) 400W adjustable ballast at 200, 250, 400W & Super Lumens (looks like about 3-5% more lumens) where you can turn in up as you go! You will really appreciate this power later returned in green gold! This is pretty cool and the Quantum run the coolest of any I've owned due to the internal fans. They aren't very loud at all, I don't notice them at all over the vent and carbon fans I have...

Anyone who has problems with the GH nutes may be a special person. They aren't for everyone, but having a problem with them would be quite odd. They work and they are the most tried and true of all. Now there are more modern nutrients out there and some truly kick ass, but you are often venturing in to the great unknown and will find little assistance getting things perfect. If you are starting out, I would learn GH 3 Part, then move on as you feel.

You will get a lot of advice and information here and doing all of it WILL kill your plants. You are best to read and get a balanced plan of action and stick with it. Base most of your plan upon the GH Nutrient Schedule which is really right about accurate if not on. I would just error on the side of caution and never over do anything.

Find General Hydroponics Basic or Advanced Nutrient Schedule (don't even mess with the bottles instructions) and you will be right on track to what people around here call Dank! You will find a lot of help here!

Top Bottom