New Indoor Grower-need Help With Seed Selection Please :)

• Thread starter giannid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

giannid

So here in Michigan we will be legal for recreational use in a few days. I'm not new to growing but new to growing indoors. I've always gotten my seeds from a buddy of mine who is an old school grower and just has the same skunk seeds he's been using for years. Since I'm able to grow legally I'm going to give it a go with an indoor grow of 6 plants or so this winter time that I want to basically start right now.

I'm looking for two strains to grow. Basically a pick me up and a bring me down. There's so many different places to buy these and so many different strains, I don't even know where to start. I really haven't had much experience with different strains and have always smoked this same old school skunk weed for years and ready for the latest and greatest.

Couple of things. I do not want an autoflower as I'm new to indoor growing and want to go through the learning phases before I try the difficult stuff. Also, I'll probably want to grow the same strains outdoors when I can so the autoflower won't work. Looking for seeds from a supplier that has a good reputation and is reliable. That supplier has to be in the US as I don't want to deal with waiting forever to get my seeds overseas. Feminized seeds would also be prefered but would like the option to get some males in the future so if I like the strain, I could get my own seeds. Have never cloned before so I prefer to start from seeds, especially if I try and grow the same strains outdoors. I want to start these now so time is of the essence. I'll also be growing in soil.

For the pick me up strain, I want something that gives you a little get up and go. Something that doesn't cloud the mind up. This will more likely be used in daytime hours as a boost me up or at night to have some fun. I don't drink much these days so this is my party fix. Not looking for anything crazy, just a little punch. Not something that gets you stoned out of your mind as I'm a lightweight.

The bring me down strain will be mostly used at night and to relax. I own my own business and sometimes have a problem at night unwinding. Also have some back issues that flare up from time to time. I've always had problems sleeping and would be great to find something that could help. I've also got a buddy that has some medical issues that has a prescription for medical use. Problem is he doesn't have insurance so it's rather expensive for him to purchase. Maybe this same strain could be a little higher in cbd and could be used for his conditions also.

Anyways, I'm obviously a newb at all this and could use some advice. Sorry if some of this stuff sounds kind of stupid for you expert growers. Just looking for some advice from the pros. Thanks in advance.

Monster762

Monster762

No pro here
but you def chose right skipping the autoflower hype.
I’m pretty sure you know sativa are more likely to be uppers
Indicas down.
I’ve only grown a few strains
But 1 of all stands out.
Mosca seeds blotto ogk.
Good luck finding any mosca legend Line though. It litterally relaxes me yet up to work or whatever. Wears off about half way through the day but until the time flys just so into what I’m doing. For me that covers the high n low. I can smoke it n pass out too just let the relax take over. Instead of getting up. Also when you harvest will play a part in how racey or couchlocked you’ll be. Most of all. Buy good genetics. No $40 12 packs
You’ll get just that. Usually good breeders run around $10-20 a seed for fem and around $5-10 each for regs.
Now you can pull something good from cheap beans but chances are a lot less likely. Half probably won’t even germ. I got 13 pack for $40. Whitefire widow og
1 seed popped. They were all white immature seeds. Just go with a known breeder. You won’t regret it. Good genetics is big big in this. Perfect growroom with chit genetics n it’ll fail. Either way you can get 1-3 oz off each seed. I’m down to power n all costing me about $10 an oz to produce better weed than anything on the shelf at the over 20 dispensaries here. Their list is $370 an oz

G

giannid

I'm also looking for actual suppliers. We're legal for rec in a few days in my state.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ethos beans looks amazing. Wish, just wish i can get my hands on some of them :)

Dinafem has been solid too. No herms and good dank weed. 100% germ rate for me tho only popped 14 of those to this day but still a good rate.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

In your post, you restrict your choices to US suppliers. I'd encourage you to keep the amsterdam suppliers in mind. They have been doing it longer. Breeding takes time. I have had nothing but good results from Nirvana and MSNL.

Monster762

Monster762

Ethos beans looks amazing. Wish, just wish i can get my hands on some of them :)

Dinafem has been solid too. No herms and good dank weed. 100% germ rate for me tho only popped 14 of those to this day but still a good rate.
Yeah I been drooling on a couple strains they got.

G

giannid

What’s the lead time on the Amsterdam suppliers? I’m sure they’re a lot of us suppliers reselling the Amsterdam seeds. Just have to find one. I just got to get them started soon and can’t wait weeks to get them started. Keep those strains and suppliers coming. :)

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

What’s the lead time on the Amsterdam suppliers? I’m sure they’re a lot of us suppliers reselling the Amsterdam seeds. Just have to find one. I just got to get them started soon and can’t wait weeks to get them started. Keep those strains and suppliers coming. :)
MSNL and Nirvana both have stuff to me within a week or so.

S

Simplicio

So here in Michigan we will be legal for recreational use in a few days. I'm not new to growing but new to growing indoors. I've always gotten my seeds from a buddy of mine who is an old school grower and just has the same skunk seeds he's been using for years. Since I'm able to grow legally I'm going to give it a go with an indoor grow of 6 plants or so this winter time that I want to basically start right now.

I'm looking for two strains to grow. Basically a pick me up and a bring me down. There's so many different places to buy these and so many different strains, I don't even know where to start. I really haven't had much experience with different strains and have always smoked this same old school skunk weed for years and ready for the latest and greatest.

Couple of things. I do not want an autoflower as I'm new to indoor growing and want to go through the learning phases before I try the difficult stuff. Also, I'll probably want to grow the same strains outdoors when I can so the autoflower won't work. Looking for seeds from a supplier that has a good reputation and is reliable. That supplier has to be in the US as I don't want to deal with waiting forever to get my seeds overseas. Feminized seeds would also be prefered but would like the option to get some males in the future so if I like the strain, I could get my own seeds. Have never cloned before so I prefer to start from seeds, especially if I try and grow the same strains outdoors. I want to start these now so time is of the essence. I'll also be growing in soil.

For the pick me up strain, I want something that gives you a little get up and go. Something that doesn't cloud the mind up. This will more likely be used in daytime hours as a boost me up or at night to have some fun. I don't drink much these days so this is my party fix. Not looking for anything crazy, just a little punch. Not something that gets you stoned out of your mind as I'm a lightweight.

The bring me down strain will be mostly used at night and to relax. I own my own business and sometimes have a problem at night unwinding. Also have some back issues that flare up from time to time. I've always had problems sleeping and would be great to find something that could help. I've also got a buddy that has some medical issues that has a prescription for medical use. Problem is he doesn't have insurance so it's rather expensive for him to purchase. Maybe this same strain could be a little higher in cbd and could be used for his conditions also.

Anyways, I'm obviously a newb at all this and could use some advice. Sorry if some of this stuff sounds kind of stupid for you expert growers. Just looking for some advice from the pros. Thanks in advance.

I think you are making a mistake avoiding autoflowers.
That's all I've ever grown, except for the first time when I was unaware of them.
My experience is that they are much easier than photos.
I predict that in less than a decade almost every home grower will be growing autos.

Mephisto (autos of their brand only) has some excellent ones, and ships from CO.

Growers Choice (their brand only) ships from CA, and has good stuff.
I've grown their CriticalPurple and TangerineDream Autos, and they were both good.

Monster762

Monster762

Google. No facebooks or random chit. I googled n found an actual seed spot with clones too like 20 mins from my house. Everything legit too. Ship for $7 flat rate at door in 2 days. If you are in a medical state most legit storefront type shops will ship n won’t ask for a med card. As long as it’s not illegal all out in your state. I’m in med state not rec
I think you are making a mistake avoiding autoflowers.
That's all I've ever grown, except for the first time when I was unaware of them.
My experience is that they are much easier than photos.
I predict that in less than a decade almost every home grower will be growing autos.

Mephisto (autos of their brand only) has some excellent ones, and ships from CO.

Growers Choice (their brand only) ships from CA, and has good stuff.
I've grown their CriticalPurple and TangerineDream Autos, and they were both good.
not this one. Autos are mainly watered down unstable plants. Just my personal opinion but I’ve grown 3 autos n am not pressed at all to grow another. Photos stomp all over them yield potency n all. And much more forgiving. Autos Once that seed pops you’re on a timer. No slips. Every little slip will effect your harvest.

The only thing easier is you don’t have to pick a day to put a timer on the outlets to lights. but that’s a whole 3 minutes you could save n risk the entire grow over instability and time crunching. I’d rather put the timer on the lights then have the whole op on a timer.

S

Simplicio

Google. No facebooks or random chit. I googled n found an actual seed spot with clones too like 20 mins from my house. Everything legit too. Ship for $7 flat rate at door in 2 days. If you are in a medical state most legit storefront type shops will ship n won’t ask for a med card. As long as it’s not illegal all out in your state. I’m in med state not rec

not this one. Autos are mainly watered down unstable plants. Just my personal opinion but I’ve grown 3 autos n am not pressed at all to grow another. Photos stomp all over them yield potency n all. And much more forgiving. Autos Once that seed pops you’re on a timer. No slips. Every little slip will effect your harvest.

The only thing easier is you don’t have to pick a day to put a timer on the outlets to lights. but that’s a whole 3 minutes you could save n risk the entire grow over instability and time crunching. I’d rather put the timer on the lights then have the whole op on a timer.

You must've gotten bad auto seeds from a bad breeder.
Today's autos from good breeders are stable, big yielding plants.
Some breeders have corners.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

You must've gotten bad auto seeds from a bad breeder.
Today's autos from good breeders are stable, big yielding plants.
Some breeders have corners.
While the autos have improved in bud quality and potency, they're just not gonna yield what a good photo will with plenty of time. Show me an auto that yields in pounds.

G

giannid

I'm going for photo. Maybe I'll try an auto someday but I'm learning and this is my first try indoors. Baby steps

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Or you could support the seed bank that powers these forums.

And honestly there’s no need for autos. Unless you like buying new seeds for every plant you intend to grow. I’d rather clone my keepers and keep them going for years.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Now that I've had a couple glasses of wine, I'm gonna say what I really think. :-D Autos are an effective solution for northern climate outdoor growers whose season ends before plants can mature and who are too constrained by laziness or life to do light deprivation. In every other use case, photos give you more options. Every decent auto got its bud and potency genes from a photo strain - ruderalis sucks. There is no auto anywhere that beats all photos. (OK, three glasses of wine).

Autos are for mouth breathers. (OK, four) Gaping, slack jawed imbeciles that can't manage an electric timer or read a web page.

The above was meant to evoke a smile. If you love autos, more power to ya.

Top Bottom