New Journal - Blueberry x White Widow & Stardawg

• Thread starter SchwiftyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Do you have another tent you plan to veg in? I think the longest I've vegged a plant for Indoors was like 30 days so I'd be curious to try a couple months. Maybe I'll get me a net and try in the future lol.

That sucks on the trust fall beans bro cause they're straight fire, but at least you'll have them when they get there!
I've never flipped one earlier than 6 weeks, even auto's have taken that long to just show buds...........I've 2 now still in veg I've had for 4 months...in 1 gal pots...I just transplanted them into 3 gal & I'll flip them when 3 others I have are big enough to match their height. I look at my 1 month old girls and they're just babies, I could never flip within 30 days, I smoke those little plants in a week. 😃
😃

Lockebox

Lockebox

I've never flipped one earlier than 6 weeks, even auto's have taken that long to just show buds...........I've 2 now still in veg I've had for 4 months...in 1 gal pots...I just transplanted them into 3 gal & I'll flip them when 3 others I have are big enough to match their height. I look at my 1 month old girls and they're just babies, I could never flip within 30 days, I smoke those little plants in a week. 😃
😃
Well with two weeks as seedlings in solos cups, then 4 weeks veg time split into 2 weeks in one gals and 2 weeks in 5 gals, I end up with plants that pretty much max out my 2'x4'5' tent spacing. To you they may be babies, but to me they're about 2+ ounces per plant of some good bud every three or four months lol. Your plants are probably monsters compared to mine though I'll say that much lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well with two weeks as seedlings in solos cups, then 4 weeks veg time split into 2 weeks in one gals and 2 weeks in 5 gals, I end up with plants that pretty much max out my 2'x4'5' tent spacing. To you they may be babies, but to me they're about 2+ ounces per plant of some good bud every three or four months lol. Your plants are probably monsters compared to mine though I'll say that much lol
More veg time keeping them short and spread out 5ft is lots of height , I see lots doing it your way don't get me wrong I get it....its all on me and my brain. I've had friends from the beginning of my growing telling me to flip earlier and grow what they called stick plants, lots of them flipped fast but I'd have no part of it......I'm flipping 3 - 4 ft plants under my hps right now 2 weeks into flower and 2 are close to 48" tall

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Looking good Schwifty! Sucks about beeaking a couple, but it happens and they will still thrive. And now you have a new cut! Not sure what youre looking for in a tent, but a coupme months ago I was looking for one for veg. I bought a four by four off amazon for like 65-70$. Its a no name tent, but not worried about lights, cause its a veg tent. I wasn’t disappointed.
Thanks bro, and yeah I think imma go with a cheaper tent for veg for that very reason also! Thanks for commenting and the suggestion!
Looking good!
Thank you very much and thanks for commenting!
😃
I’ve done it both ways, and I prefer a longer Veg time if you can keep the plants within manageable distance of your space. The thicker stems really helps build up to bigger buds and you only get that through longer Veg.
Hell yeah man 2oz a plant is my goal as well, something to get my by for a couple of months until my next harvest!
More veg time keeping them short and spread out 5ft is lots of height , I see lots doing it your way don't get me wrong I get it....its all on me and my brain. I've had friends from the beginning of my growing telling me to flip earlier and grow what they called stick plants, lots of them flipped fast but I'd have no part of it......I'm flipping 3 - 4 ft plants under my hps right now 2 weeks into flower and 2 are close to 48" tallView attachment 1308022
Those are some Big Beautiful Baddies 🤤
They look so good!
My dude, thank you so much, I very much appreciate your comments

Lockebox

Lockebox

More veg time keeping them short and spread out 5ft is lots of height , I see lots doing it your way don't get me wrong I get it....its all on me and my brain. I've had friends from the beginning of my growing telling me to flip earlier and grow what they called stick plants, lots of them flipped fast but I'd have no part of it......I'm flipping 3 - 4 ft plants under my hps right now 2 weeks into flower and 2 are close to 48" tallView attachment 1308022
Lol well I wouldn't consider my self in the stick plant category except for one of my current runs but hell yeah thanks for the helpful info 👍

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Day 2 Prebloom Phase-

Watering day with Nutrients

1 gallon RO water
2 tsp calmag
3 tsp Bigbloom
2 tsp Grow
1 tsp Bloom
1/4 tsp Open Sesame
pH 6.9 didn’t adjust pH

Temps 80
Humidity 70

Watered early this morning shortly after lights were on, and they are looking beautiful! The nutrients came just in time, I wish I could’ve gotten a feeding in last week but I can only look forward! Let’s see how they respond over the next few days! Happy growing everyone! ✌️

C2EBCDE0 D63F 4852 B78C C96FBC3D46E8
62E7264F 112F 4BAD AEB4 E80727A38F5B
B26399F4 CDC1 483A 918A EFE61ADC6042
48DA92C6 9741 4A42 B306 7ECDEE64CE78
DAF59610 0B78 43C2 9320 8C54C4333CE0
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I’m a big fan of a long veg if you can make room to do it. I have always found that plants with large well-established root systems tend to push harder in flowering. It definitely makes you put the time in though. Once upon a time, when I used one space to veg and flower in, I would jam it full of as many plants as I could and pop them as soon as possible. In small spaces, it gets you to the finish line a lot faster. However, the best volume of really high-quality buds has generally come from bigger plants for me. Trust your gut though and keep doing what you’re doing. Those are happy girls. Cheers

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I’m a big fan of a long veg if you can make room to do it. I have always found that plants with large well-established root systems tend to push harder in flowering. It definitely makes you put the time in though. Once upon a time, when I used one space to veg and flower in, I would jam it full of as many plants as I could and pop them as soon as possible. In small spaces, it gets you to the finish line a lot faster. However, the best volume of really high-quality buds has generally come from bigger plants for me. Trust your gut though and keep doing what you’re doing. Those are happy girls. Cheers
Cheers bro!! I used to grow straight from clone in solo cups in my closet back in the day. Crazy as it seems, minus the watering, it was easier for me to maintain for the size and turn around time for a constant smoke session. Could easily put 7 every 2 weeks in flower and have a constant ounce every 2 weeks. It was fun to do, wish I still had the space and legal availability to grow more 😂

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Day 4 Prebloom-

Girls are looking great, no burning issues from the nutrient feeding and really burst out in the last couple of days. The Stardawgs are now drinking at a faster rate than the BlueberryxWhite Widow. I will have to probably start watering them at different times, as much as I didn’t want to because it’s a pain in my ass lol. I will let them be thirsty today and water them all tomorrow and then rearrange the schedule next watering if they’re still drinking faster.

Happy growing everyone!

51716CC3 146E 4918 A768 AF8ECE931F5E
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I have a pile of seeds that I’m going to start hunting after the holidays. Haven’t decided exactly how many and what size just yet, I but I should have two or three spaces pretty jammed with a bunch of little ones soon. Kind of love the variety. I used to run a bunch of 1 quart perlite Hempies in 32 ounce drink cups from the burrito joint down the street from my house. With the right strains, could pretty consistently knock a half ounce plus out of each one in like 25 in.² of space. kind of fun as hell and really productive.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I have a pile of seeds that I’m going to start hunting after the holidays. Haven’t decided exactly how many and what size just yet, I but I should have two or three spaces pretty jammed with a bunch of little ones soon. Kind of love the variety. I used to run a bunch of 1 quart perlite Hempies in 32 ounce drink cups from the burrito joint down the street from my house. With the right strains, could pretty consistently knock a half ounce plus out of each one in like 25 in.² of space. kind of fun as hell and really productive.
Hell yeah man! Always the best part of this, is the learning experience and the ability to say….I fucking grew that!!! I am just now getting back into growing after a long long break and I need to get my seed collection back up. I’m still contemplating what I’m growing next but I only have a couple of weeks to decide before I need to start my next run 😆

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Day 5 Prebloom-

Watering day
1 gallon of water, 1/4 gallon for each
2 tsp calmag
pH 6.7

Foilar sprayed

Day
Temps 83
Humidity 70
VPD 1.12

Night:
Temps 78
Humidity 63
VPD 1.23

Really liking the growth still and will be putting on the second net soon so they can grow into it during the stretch and fill it in. Next watering will be more nutrients and will be flipping to 12/12 on the next update! Happy growing everyone ✌️

4D6F9C26 6F10 463F B202 5BB3684F4AB2
6AB1A365 7AF0 42D6 BBFB 372781B36DD5
2D674AD1 4116 42E0 ADE7 1CBF93023078
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Second net is on, tomorrow is the last day of Prebloom and will switch the timers to 12/12. I’ve been able to keep my VPD within range between 1.05-1.30 through this phase. I will be removing the humidifier from the tent tomorrow, clean all the fans and wipe down as much as I can.

After transitioning to flower I will be reducing my humidity and get my VPD within the range of 1.2-1.5. Going to purchase my portable AC unit next week to help keep things cool. I’ll need to use it for 10 days to cool my drying location for my mango haze harvest first, so hopefully I won’t have to fight it too much. Check back in later! ✌️

A01BBB1D 5FBF 4C5C 871C 9EB2BDA30757
E7CCFFE1 82F6 4135 BBD7 1DC85F35429A
044A174C 4161 411E B4AF 564B5E8E100C
21C0DB93 B313 4E99 AF02 340DFDAF1E34
CFC369EA E2A4 412E B5F0 5E9F7FB516E1
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
First day of 12/12-

Timers have been adjusted and automations for the environment have been adjusted. Last nights VPD was 1.31 lights off and with lights on the tent is sitting at 1.43. Let's see if I can keep it within this range. I will count day 1 of flowering once I see pistils on the top. I also decided to raise the 2nd net by a couple of inches. Tomorrow is watering day with nutrients and I will do another update with pictures then. Until then, happy growing everyone!

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Watering day with nutrients

1 gallon water
2 tsp Calmag
3 tsp BBloom
2 tsp Grow
2 tsp Tbloom
1/4 tsp Open Sesame
pH 6.7

All the girls are looking great and will keep an eye as they start the flower transition. Really hoping the SDs don’t over stretch, I don’t foresee much of a stretch for the BBWW. After the stretch is done, everything under the first net and lanky branches will get trimmed. My back hurts already thinking about it 😂

The Stardawg in the back right, has been a lighter green than the rest, for around the last 2 weeks. I’m really not sure if she is more nutrient hungry, or if she’s just more sensitive to the LED light. I don’t think it’s the intensity, I have it at 70% around 22” away and the DLI is right over 30. I may just have to feed this one SD separately and give her a high nutrient feeding, but I’ll keep an eye.

Check back in after we get some stretch under our belt! Happy growing everyone. ✌️

417C97EB 7492 44EF 96F3 E27D8305957A
CBD644AB 1F3C 413D B442 290F9A140309
D8F31211 946E 44A2 92D9 1D126D183FA0
CC73CFE8 D757 484E B835 7935EE942450
92726398 3BF0 4FD5 A519 3D0A15805A90
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Looking good man! Cant wait to see tham all stacked up! That bbww has my eye, 2 of my favorites made as 1 🔥

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Looking good man! Cant wait to see tham all stacked up! That bbww has my eye, 2 of my favorites made as 1 🔥
Thanks so much man!! I am so excited too, those are my favorite strains from back in the day. I had to go with them, I am happy I still have 3 seeds left.

Top Bottom