New L.E.D light in grow room

• Thread starter Hazedayz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hazedayz

Highlo fellow growers!

So I’ve taken everyone’s advice and going to throw the grow tent and build by own grow room. I’ve measure everything up and I feel like 5 auto plants would fit in perfect! And to be fair that’s all I really need it’s all going to be smoked by me and only me 🤪. I currently own 1 x ts600 (100w) and 1 x ts1000 (150w). I know that not enough light for 5 so I was thinking of purchasing another ts1000 and putting all 3 together. Do you think this would be enough light? Don’t really want to completely buy a new lighting system and keen to just use the ones I’ve already got. What do you all advise?

Thank you all again! You all been great!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Highlo fellow growers!

So I’ve taken everyone’s advice and going to throw the grow tent and build by own grow room. I’ve measure everything up and I feel like 5 auto plants would fit in perfect! And to be fair that’s all I really need it’s all going to be smoked by me and only me 🤪. I currently own 1 x ts600 (100w) and 1 x ts1000 (150w). I know that not enough light for 5 so I was thinking of purchasing another ts1000 and putting all 3 together. Do you think this would be enough light? Don’t really want to completely buy a new lighting system and keen to just use the ones I’ve already got. What do you all advise?

@Hazedayz ... Who's advice? Where's this thread? I'd like to read it. It's usually not as simple as one is automatically better than the other. Instead, it all depends on what you're trying to do.

Anyone suggesting that you automatically pitch out your grow tent to build a grow room has not taken you through both sides of this argument. For example, I have a grow room. It's climate controlled and acts more as a lung room because I've got 2 large tents and a seedling/clone cart in it. Everything intakes and exhausts directly into the grow room where I have humidifier/dehumidfier/heat/cooling to keep my grow parameters where they need to be. Since all 3 growing chambers are inside the environmentally controlled room, controlling the environment in each of the tents has become very simple. I also can run different stages of growth in different tents at the same time with this arrangement.

There's a lot of reasons to fully think through how you plan on using your grow area before deciding to eliminate the tent. If you got down looking at all the reasons, you'd see that there's just as many reasons to continue using a tent/tents as there are to eliminate them. To know if indeed this is the best option for you, we'd need to see the details and why you were told to get rid of your tent.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/making-your-own-grow-room.147029/

The room is just awkwardly shaped there’s room in there but just not room for a bigger tent.
I used to be in cramped quarters and I used panda plastic panels to surround my area 4- 5x5 panels with 2 sets hinged together
frame-1-flower-rm-jpg.916239

room-with-light-jpg.916240

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/making-your-own-grow-room.147029/

The room is just awkwardly shaped there’s room in there but just not room for a bigger tent.

Well, there's a sink in there. That's a "plus" because of the availability of running water and a drain. You'll still need to put thought into moisture/humidity controls however if you already have a working bathroom vent fan in there the worst part has been solved. Just protect against spills and light leaks.

Edit: As for the lighting itself. There's nothing wrong with adding smaller watt boards like between 100w up to even 240w to fill out the space. Multiple smaller lights give you some added flexibility in light placement.

Last edited:
T

t56481

Highlo fellow growers!

Hi, i have just made a post...my next run i want to do 4 smallish autos in 10lt pots with coco and coco a&b in a 3x3 using a mars hydro ts1000 curently have one blue sunset sherbert in flower under my light which is doing fine but i was wondering about my auto run 🤔

Top Bottom