New Leafs turning BRIGHT Green - Please help!

• Thread starter Mogabie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mogabie

Mogabie

IDK what is going on with the plants. To begin with, the PH levels go up every day. I have to check every day and adjust with PH down. Thus, the plants were nut-def; now, the top of all the plants are turning into a lighter green, almost yellow.
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG

IDK what to do because the nuts are right, the PH is right, the temp and humidity are right, there are no bugs in the tent... what else can be causing this. I ALready read 2 books, and none mentioned this. I read How to Grow Hydroponic Marijuana at Home: A Complete Guide to Growing Most Potent Cannabis Ever! and Growing Marijuana for Beginners - Hydroponics: How to Grow High-Quality Cannabis Indoor and Outdoor and Build Your Hydroponic Gardening System. Become an Expert on Horticulture and Aquaponic Systems.

At this point, I'm hoping someone in here knows what is going on. BTW, don't waste your money on How to Grow Hydroponic Marijuana at Home: A Complete Guide to Growing Most Potent Cannabis Ever! Worst book ever!

Are you growing from seed or clones: Seeds
2. How old are your plants? 5 weeks and 5 days
3. How tall are your plants? 17 ½ inches (44.45 cm)
4. What type of hydro system are you using? Deep Water Culture
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? The Flora Series
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.8
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? IDK :(
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? IDK :(
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 76.1 °F (24.5 °C)
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? Yes, mostly up. I have to bring it down every time I check it.
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No. According to what I have read, exfoliating is not recommended for Autoflowers.
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") LEDs 1 is a Spider Farm SF1000 with 1k wats and the other one is a off-brand that came with the set and it says it's 300w. I have them set 1 next to the other
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG

14. How close are your lights to the plants? 17 ½ inches (44.45 cm)
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? The tent is 32"X32"X63" (81.28x81.28x160.02 cm)
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Temp 75 °F / Humidity 45%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No insect activity
18. How much experience do you have growing? My second hydroponics grow. The first one was a male so I didn't finish the grow. As soon as I saw the pollen sacks i disposed of it and haven't try to grow since then and that was over 10 years ago

New leafs turning bright green   please help
New leafs turning bright green   please help 2
New leafs turning bright green   please help 3
New leafs turning bright green   please help 4
New leafs turning bright green   please help 5
New leafs turning bright green   please help 6
New leafs turning bright green   please help 7
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Looks a little hungry for magnesium or a little heavy on calcium locking out mag. I say that because of the red petioles.

Mogabie

Mogabie

This is her current feeding:

weeks 5 - 6.PNG

Any suggestion?

PS. Thank you for the help

Weeks 5   6
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You say your pH is right, but it's always going up. The reality here is your pH is not right, it's high. The deficiency symptoms you are seeing are classic for high pH.

It's a micronutrient deficiency that will correct itself when your pH is within a reasonable range.

I'm a soil grower, so someone with hydro experience will have to figure out why your pH goes up all the time.

Miiikke

Miiikke

You say your pH is right, but it's always going up. The reality here is your pH is not right, it's high. The deficiency symptoms you are seeing are classic for high pH.

It's a micronutrient deficiency that will correct itself when your pH is within a reasonable range.

I'm a soil grower, so someone with hydro experience will have to figure out why your pH goes up all the time.
So if my new growth is lighter like that my ph is high? I thought that was normal, I use distilled water and soil and I train heavy

Growgod420

Growgod420

So if my new growth is lighter like that my ph is high? I thought that was normal, I use distilled water and soil and I train heavy
I used distilled water also at the beginning and noticed issues with my pH. Switch to ro water and seems it's better with ph balance!!! Just my 2 cents

Miiikke

Miiikke

I used distilled water also at the beginning and noticed issues with my pH. Switch to ro water and seems it's better with ph balance!!! Just my 2 cents
Thank you!! You dont have to alter it at all? Where do you buy it?

501D70C4 4F09 40C0 81AA E972556E8E17
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I buy those baby waters that are charged with calcium and magnesium. Lol

Miiikke

Miiikke

Thank you!! You dont have to alter it at all? Where do you buy it?
Is that new growth lighter then it ahould be due to high ph, or is the small new growth always lighter? It always darkens up pretty quick to a medium green when they flatten out

7112B798 E047 47A2 AE7E ECE826BA709D
Miiikke

Miiikke

I'm using coco and every plant gets 2 gallons of water 2 times a day. That's shit ton of water bottles of I went that route
Is coco better then soil for indoor? I need to research that, I dont understand at all how 1 plant could get 4 gallons of water a day lol

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Is coco better then soil for indoor? I need to research that, I dont understand at all how 1 plant could get 4 gallons of water a day lol
I would think it would be later in flower for that much water?
soil is good if you like the fact that you can water every couple of days. But with coco I’ve found that using coco/perlite and enriching the medium with dry amendments works almost as good as bottled nutes and coco/perlite. But I’ve tried soil too don’t get me wrong. I was using happy frog for years. But I found that my plants grow bigger and better in coco then soil. But that’s just me. Lol

422src

422src

IDK what is going on with the plants. To begin with, the PH levels go up every day. I have to check every day and adjust with PH down. Thus, the plants were nut-def; now, the top of all the plants are turning into a lighter green, almost yellow.
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG

IDK what to do because the nuts are right, the PH is right, the temp and humidity are right, there are no bugs in the tent... what else can be causing this. I ALready read 2 books, and none mentioned this. I read How to Grow Hydroponic Marijuana at Home: A Complete Guide to Growing Most Potent Cannabis Ever! and Growing Marijuana for Beginners - Hydroponics: How to Grow High-Quality Cannabis Indoor and Outdoor and Build Your Hydroponic Gardening System. Become an Expert on Horticulture and Aquaponic Systems.

At this point, I'm hoping someone in here knows what is going on. BTW, don't waste your money on How to Grow Hydroponic Marijuana at Home: A Complete Guide to Growing Most Potent Cannabis Ever! Worst book ever!

Are you growing from seed or clones: Seeds
2. How old are your plants? 5 weeks and 5 days
3. How tall are your plants? 17 ½ inches (44.45 cm)
4. What type of hydro system are you using? Deep Water Culture
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? The Flora Series
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.8
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? IDK :(
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? IDK :(
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 76.1 °F (24.5 °C)
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? Yes, mostly up. I have to bring it down every time I check it.
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No. According to what I have read, exfoliating is not recommended for Autoflowers.
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") LEDs 1 is a Spider Farm SF1000 with 1k wats and the other one is a off-brand that came with the set and it says it's 300w. I have them set 1 next to the other
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG

14. How close are your lights to the plants? 17 ½ inches (44.45 cm)
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? The tent is 32"X32"X63" (81.28x81.28x160.02 cm)
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Temp 75 °F / Humidity 45%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No insect activity
18. How much experience do you have growing? My second hydroponics grow. The first one was a male so I didn't finish the grow. As soon as I saw the pollen sacks i disposed of it and haven't try to grow since then and that was over 10 years ago
At that stage the sf1000 could be 12" from the tops at 100%. To me it looks way to high

Top Bottom