New Leaves Bright Green, Bottom Leaves Dying, Growth Stunted

• Thread starter m0bc0m
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

m0bc0m

Hey guys,

First time grower here, so apologize in advance for being a n00b.

I'm 3 days into 12/12 and notice some problems with new leaves being light green and leaves towards the bottom curling up and dying (they break apart very easily in your fingers). It also seems like the growth is somewhat stunted but I attribute some of this to the 12/12 change. :

Strand: Mr. Nice G 13 Skunk

New leaves bright green bottom leaves dying growth stunted

New leaves bright green bottom leaves dying growth stunted

New leaves bright green bottom leaves dying growth stunted 2

The leaves towards the bottom (on all plants) are doing this:

New leaves bright green bottom leaves dying growth stunted 4

When you touch them they almost just crumble in your hands.

So let me explain what's going on.

* My tap water is hard AF so I've been primarily using distilled water from the grocery story. The days I do use tap, I correct using pH Down by General Hydroponics to get it around 6.5ish. I have a moisture meter, but I really only water when they feel "light". On average this is every 2 -4 days with 1 gallon of water per plant (they're in 5 gallon pots).

* Around 01/01 I noticed what I believed to be fruit flies around my plants. I dismissed it until they started to multiply, which I later diagnosed as fungus gnats.

* On 01/08 - Originally thinking I was dealing with a nut def I added some Shake N Feed all purpose miracle grow to the soil. I also moved my light up *300w LED* to give them a bit more room to grow.

* On 01/12 I added Mosquito Bits to the top of the soil and sprayed the leaves with 1 part 5 SM90.

* For the first 2 weeks of 2017, my room became really humid with RH around 70%. I began to notice one small patch of White Powder Mold (reason for the SM90) and was able to increase ventilation in the room so it's now sitting around 35-40% RH.

So that's where I am now. I ordered some Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Soil for Plants, 1-4-5, 1-Quart today to begin adding during the flowering process.

Can someone much more experienced than me let me know what I should do?

THANKS!

New leaves bright green bottom leaves dying growth stunted 3
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Have you tested your soil or runoff ph?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hey guys,

* On 01/08 - Originally thinking I was dealing with a nut def I added some Shake N Feed all purpose miracle grow to the soil. I also moved my light up *300w LED* to give them a bit more room to grow.

THANKS!
Im going with this being the problem and you transplanting and never using miracle grow again being the solution.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If your soil ph is low it might be N toxic from the miracle grow, I would suggest flushing instead of transplanting, I just read that you started flowering already, so a few tsp of epsom salt and a good amount of water to flush the mg out would be better.

M

m0bc0m

If your soil ph is low it might be N toxic from the miracle grow, I would suggest flushing instead of transplanting, I just read that you started floweing already, so a few tsp of epsom salt and a good amount of water to flush the mg out would be better.

Got it!

Top Bottom