New Led Light

• Thread starter Diane11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diane11

Diane11

Hello! Okay, so for Mother's Day I got a 19w red spec LED to replace my vegger CFL'S in my 2x3x4 tent(only 3 plants) and I'm trippin off if that's enough light for my girls... I'm not a math person, lol, so can somebody pls help me figure out the equivalent between the two?? I was using 3)23w CFL's and now they've been replaced with 1)19w LED... I feel like I need more light! This is my first time with led so I really need help! Thanks guys!! Oh! Also, I have a 600w HPS in my flower room and I put 2 of those CFL's on the sides for side light...does that sound about right for a small grower thats weed is allll personal?? Lol Here's a before and after..

New led light
Polar510

Polar510

Hey Diane,
Is that LED the Feit they sell at Home Depot?. I remember when I saw that LED if its the same one they actually sell 2 different spectrum's, one for veg(Blue) and one for bloom(Red).
Maybe You could get a t5 to veg with more blue 6500k. Your feeling was Correct! 19watts of light wont grow those very big or strong. If Your 600 watt light has an adjustable ballast?? 250 watt MH to veg would work well. The LED could be used as side supplemental lighting in flower, looks like it has a lot of red which isn't great for Veg.

Diane11

Diane11

Hey Diane,
Is that LED the Feit they sell at Home Depot?. I remember when I saw that LED if its the same one they actually sell 2 different spectrum's, one for veg(Blue) and one for bloom(Red).
Maybe You could get a t5 to veg with more blue 6500k. Your feeling was Correct! 19watts of light wont grow those very big or strong. If Your 600 watt light has an adjustable ballast?? 250 watt MH to veg would work well. The LED could be used as side supplemental lighting in flower, looks like it has a lot of red which isn't great for Veg.
Yes @Polar510 its the exact one! Okay so I've been really wanting to use t5's for veg for awhile now... he tried lol. And he caught me off guard. So I'm worried about my clones and seedlings. So being that its red, r u saying to take it out completely for veg and just use for flower ONLY? In that case I need another one for the other side of my bloom room and put t5's in the vegger (on Thursday) That makes me feel comfortable just thinking about it that way. Thank you so much!!!

Diane11

Diane11

Red would be great for your flower room.
Yes Sa'h!! ;) I've decided, based on advice, to get another one for my flower room for side light. And I'm gonna go ahead and get those t5's I've been wanting. Thank you!!!

fatawa

fatawa

@Diane11...your soo close to having everything you need.i seen your other pics on other thread.u got this..when you wanna hav 2 rooms(veg/flower)..it is wat it is..throw that red in your flower tent,pull them cfls back out in throw back with t5 your gonna get..you have 2 rms right?or did you finish your last run in im confused?

fatawa

fatawa

Cause if you aint using that 600hps turn that mutherfucker on..you can veg real good with that..

Diane11

Diane11

@Diane11...your soo close to having everything you need.i seen your other pics on other thread.u got this..when you wanna hav 2 rooms(veg/flower)..it is wat it is..throw that red in your flower tent,pull them cfls back out in throw back with t5 your gonna get..you have 2 rms right?or did you finish your last run in im confused?
Thanks for the props on my past pics! Yes, I have 2 tents, so I'm just trying to get it right with the spectrums ya know, but I think your idea sounds like my stomach won't hurt anymore once I do that. Hahaha!! Gonna put my CFL's back in right now.... thank u thank u thank u guys!!!! :)

Diane11

Diane11

Cause if you aint using that 600hps turn that mutherfucker on..you can veg real good with that..
LOL!!! I'm using the 600w hps in my flower room right now for sure!! I only rotate with about 3 plants at a time. But Yupp!, that mafuckas ON! Hahaa!! Ty!!

fatawa

fatawa

Its sum shit like 4700k flower(red hue)6500k veg(blue)..so b4 buying leds or floro's check the spectrum..

Dan789

Dan789

Count me in on the T5 veg'ing. I bought a small led dual switch (veg/bloom) fixture for when I thought I was going kill it for clones. Sadly the clones all died due to a combination of my ignorance and not having a clue how to; but bought some clones, veg' under the T5 fixture then LED's for the bloom phase.
For finishing you've got to "bring it", biggest gun wins. Good luck Diane.

Diane11

Diane11

Count me in on the T5 veg'ing. I bought a small led dual switch (veg/bloom) fixture for when I thought I was going kill it for clones. Sadly the clones all died due to a combination of my ignorance and not having a clue how to; but bought some clones, veg' under the T5 fixture then LED's for the bloom phase.
For finishing you've got to "bring it", biggest gun wins. Good luck Diane.
Thank you @Dan789 ive been wanting t5's for a while now and it's time to change although the CFL's haven't treated me too bad. But I definitely need to bring game to that bloom room!! Thanks for the validation on the t5's :)

Diane11

Diane11

So I just put the led in my flower room and put the CFL's back in my veg room and now I can sleep better tonight thanks to all your help! Much appreciated!!

Top Bottom