New light !!!

• Thread starter Irishking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irishking

Irishking

Jus ordered this 1000w light off amazon for only 50$. It is great man, wanted to show a pic of it. It is a great buy if I get good results I’ll run these from now on. Even if I get 1-2 grows out of em I’m more then happy. I’ll jus buy another one LOl so cheap. Let me kno what u think. My autoflower r growing tall, jus over 3ft and flowering really nice. Had nute burn issues at beginning. Easily fixed it

New light
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Yeah its doing superbly so far. This puppy is new too 1500w full spectrum COB panel for $79.00. I'm yet to see how well she blooms.
20200201 161918

Nugg

Nugg

When everyone talks about led...it's the wattage consumed for light wattage...not what they advertise.. completely different..lucky if either of those are 200 watts..fwiw.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

When everyone talks about led...it's the wattage consumed for light wattage...not what they advertise.. completely different..lucky if either of those are 200 watts..fwiw.
Mine uses 220-235 true wattage. But yeah, I know. It runs amazingly cool too.

Last edited:
Munch517

Munch517

Jus ordered this 1000w light off amazon for only 50$. It is great man, wanted to show a pic of it. It is a great buy if I get good results I’ll run these from now on. Even if I get 1-2 grows out of em I’m more then happy. I’ll jus buy another one LOl so cheap. Let me kno what u think. My autoflower r growing tall, jus over 3ft and flowering really nice. Had nute burn issues at beginning. Easily fixed it

You will get bud with those just don't be discouraged by the results, those cheap blurple LEDs just aren't good. With LEDs you have to consider the wattage and efficiency, a blurple light like yours almost certainly has an efficiency at or below 1.0 ppfd/watt, an HLG board for example will be close to 2.0 ppfd/watt. So if your light is 200 actual watts a 100w HLG board will put out a similar amount of usable light with half the electricity.

The saved electricity is no small deal. To do some math and compare, let's assume your light is 200w and has a 1.0ppfd/w efficiency and compare it to a HLG 100, assuming a 2.0ppfd/w efficiency, so both have the same light output, the HLG just uses half the electricity. At my local electric rate of $0.13/Kwh that would mean the HLG saves $57/year in electricity even at only 12 hrs of light per day, that's over $85/year of savings when used for 18 hr veg cycles.

To sum it up, upgrading to an HLG or light of similar efficiency will pay for the cost difference between the lights in less than two years of electricity (possibly sooner if your electric rate is higher). That's not counting the better spectrum, lessened heat and the much easier to work under white light. Or the even better option would be to get an HLG of the same wattage and get twice the usable light.

Moshmen

Moshmen

If you buy quality you will only cry once! Lol
Guaranteed your gonna want another light soon

Latest posts

Top Bottom