New Medical Grow First time in Coco

• Thread starter jtmyzery2008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jtmyzery2008

Here are some photo's of Our Platinum Blue Dream's. First time using coco i grabbed some Canna Coco. I had a issue with my first 2 ph meter's finally got a BlueLab ph pen. My water is ph'ed at 5.9 - 6.0 I have been feeding them with CNS17, Earthjuice Suger peak (veg), Soul Synthetic Amino Aid, Nutty Professor plant uptake. My ppm level's have been at 1080 - 1125 there in there second week of veg. I was thinking this might be kinda high for the plant's in the coco medium. Should i flush them next watering with ro water? Also i found a few thread's on acouple forum's about a 12/1 lighting schedule. It sounds interesting and there were a few people that have been growing with this method for year's. So lastnight i Switched them to 13 on 5 off 1 on 5 off for my veg light schedule. Also Below are a few pic's below of the god's gift my roomate grew in his 3x3 tent.

New medical grow first time in coco
New medical grow first time in coco 2
New medical grow first time in coco 3
New medical grow first time in coco 4
New medical grow first time in coco 5
New medical grow first time in coco 6
hiboy

hiboy

Hey brah
ur ppms way hi,
you dont need much, 500 is fine if ur using ro water.
babies and teens should be low low low, im high at 700 rite now, and im noticing some clawing,
Check OGONLYs coco grow
he blew it up big time. he knows his shitz
h

J

jtmyzery2008

Some other guys on here or on a different forum told me to use the cns17 at 15 ml per cal with 5ml of calmag i added everything else at 5ml as well. Should i lower the additives and keep the CNS17 at 15 ml per gal

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

No way man. Flush the pots with RO water with cal mag at 5ml per gal. Then next time they dry up some, feed them with 500ppm CNS17 in plain RO. I believe that is 10ml per gal. Each watering raise it by 50ppm till you get up to 700 which is 15ml. That is plenty in veg with CNS17. You don't need to use CaMg with that nute. You can add a little extra if you need for some kushes, but in general it is perfect with just plain RO. I also feed at 5.8 ph. Also don't believe the hype about coco cannot be over watered either. You can water it more heavily after the roots truly populate the medium, but I would suggest letting them dry out somewhat between waterings when they are younger and haven't filled the container with roots yet. Topping can kick start their recovery in my experience as well if you run into a possible over watering problem. Hope that gets you going man.

-TF

J

jtmyzery2008

well TF i wasn't talking about you it was someone else probably on another forum
I just flushed them alittle with plain ro water ill wait for them to dry out more then do what you told me to do

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

If you flushed them out with the RO, then just feed next time. The only reason to add the CaMg is that RO is so stripped of minerals that it can over deplete the coco by itself. You should be fine though. Were they possible kept too wet?

-TF

J

jtmyzery2008

I did flush them with just RO Water this time. Im gonna hold off on feeding tomorrow and wait till sunday to lift them and see how heavy they are. They Could have been over watered but they had been getting better from when i watered them with the 800 ppm feeding. which was only 2 days maybe 3 at tops I just hope between last week not having a ph meter and then this weeks feeding's didn't stress them out too bad.
Next feeding will be with just CNS17

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

You will know when to feed them. You just learn how to feel by lifting every one of them up every day to get the feel of what they need for watering.

-TF

J

jtmyzery2008

Update 11/22/11

Alright we are rocking and rolling now last feeding i was told my ppm's were way to high so i flushed with ro water waited a few days and then lastnight i fed them with a mix of just CNS17 alone at ppm level of 625 and ph of 5.9. They look like there doing just fine Nice healthy growth everywhere. Im gonna start tying them to bamboo to fill them out. Here are some new pic's from tonight.

DSCF4884
DSCF4885
DSCF4886
DSCF4887
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Sounds like you have them getting back on track. Are you planning on topping them?

-TF

hiboy

hiboy

Hey bro,
just something i noticed with that pic.
what kinda lights u got them under.
from the looks its hps tint color.
h

J

jtmyzery2008

I have topped a few and the rest i started lsting and supercropping there starting to get some bush to them

J

jtmyzery2008

I know i should probably be using a MH bulb to veg them. But i dont have a ballast that can convert and i didnt have anymore space in my other veg tent with my t5 light's.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Just run a MH conversion lamp. Like Dizz said run your PH at (5.8) is the # for coco.

J

jtmyzery2008

11/27/11 quick update

Hey there farmer's today i was in the grow tent giving them a flush of ro and calmag. So i snapped a few picture's of the plants tomorrow is the start of the 4th week of veg. I am gonna probably run them alittle longer in veg. I know there gonna stratch but i have about half that are half the size of the tallest ones. Here are some pic's of the girl's

DSCF4889
DSCF4890
DSCF4891
DSCF4892
singingcrow

singingcrow

That's a very nice setup! You guys are reminding me to change out bulbs too... I always forget to!

Top Bottom