New Member And Grower Needing Advice/help

• Thread starter LimitedNoHow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LimitedNoHow

hi all , first of I'd like to say sorry for a long thread but thank you for reading this and if you have any information or anything that'd help I'd like to thank you even more!

Anyways I'm new to the forum altho have spent a ridiculous amount on time researching (in my opinion researching makes it 100% harder as one thread will say something and another saying that that way is 'stupid' or 'waste of time' so your torn between ... well will it or not )

I've done a few outdoor grows previously when weather was nice (I live in the uk so strictly limited due to our weather doing as it wishes lol) nothing major, in fact 4 of say 8 was sweet cheese autos and the rest being "gorilla plants" ...the autos was potted and come out nice can't remember the yield but nothing Major as they was my first ever go, the gorillas on the other hand was grown straight from the ground, but they grew outrageously big , in fact I was worried in case someone would find them ... they got around 8 ft and one actually got to 9"8 but due to winter coming early I was forced to chop em (I left 2 "incase they survived it" but sadly died so I was happy In a sense that I didn't gamble with them all)

So yeah you can say I have a little knowledge but nothing that makes me say "I NO I can grow good bud"

So I've decided to go for the indoor technic so I can determine better bud (only 1 or 2 plants at a time as it'd only be to personal use for myself)

I have roughly a 2 ft long 2ft7 wide 8ft tall closet to use, I have various lights to use so will list them (don't laugh if they won't work or if there not as good as your £300 light just remember it's for one plant (most likely an auto) )

Maxi bright 600w power pack
Maxi bright 600w Euro reflector
Sunmaster 600w bulb
(This is the one I'm looking at using)

Phillips Dual Fluorescent "TLD 18w/54 daylight bulb"
(Not too sure)

A sky tech 20w blacklight / blue light
(I don't think I'll be using this one as a lot of people claim it "simply doesn't work" although others claim there good for the last 2weeks (or so) I might give it a test in the future for experience reference)

But now you've red the BORING part of my situation I'd really appriciate it if somebody ... Some where can help ?

Which light? I'm guessing the maxi ...
What's The light times for autos? I heard of people leaving the lights on 24hrs from seed to harvest and others say 12/12 first 3weeks and 18/6 the rest is best for autos ... Yet again torn between "what time then"
What sort of fan for my closet? Would a regular fan work? Like one you'd use if you was hot ?
What strain to use as I want it as quick as possible but also a good yield along with a nice high ?

I appologise again for it being so long and boring I probably could have cut a lot out but I'm stuck so thought the more you new the easier it'd be to get answers

If there's anything else you need to no please feel free to comment or mail me and I'll get back to you ....

Thanks a lot LimitedNoHow!

Last edited:
L

LimitedNoHow

Can I also mention the gorilla ones was only planted thinking they'd be big but not too big, nice and stealth kind..(believe me now I was wrong I should have realised by the name!) I never once thought nor intended they'd be as big as they got and new immediately "I'm screwed" this being the first actual out door grow as the autos was just 'left' in my back garden , once again any kind of help highly appreciated thanks for reading

LimitedNoHow

H

hawkman

using 600 watts in a 2 by 2 closet you will need some sort of air circulation (fans) or you might get "heat Issues: (fox-tails, ect" generally give a plant 2.5 ft for good growth (feminized, regular seeds)- but - one could grow 3-4 auto's if you get the correct size pots Size of pot's ??? Or you could so a SCROG, Sea of Green and use smaller pot's - but double the plants. Nutrients using ?? can give names of good SCROG plants

L

LimitedNoHow

I don't really do a lot of indoor growing, I'll let the folks who really know their way around that advise you. I'm here to welcome you to the farm. :)

Neither have I that's why I'm abit corious as to say lol

Thanks bud

LimitedNoHow

L

LimitedNoHow

using 600 watts in a 2 by 2 closet you will need some sort of air circulation (fans) or you might get "heat Issues: (fox-tails, ect" generally give a plant 2.5 ft for good growth (feminized, regular seeds)- but - one could grow 3-4 auto's if you get the correct size pots Size of pot's ??? Or you could so a SCROG, Sea of Green and use smaller pot's - but double the plants. Nutrients using ?? can give names of good SCROG plants

Hi, thank you for your time ... The closet/built in cupboard is actually say 7 - by 2 1/2 and 8ft tall but I was suggesting to build a "secret cupboard" within the cupboard so can adjust the length if needed...

I have various "food" such as Top Bud (I think that's the name) ..... Super Bud Buster ..... TonO'Bud ..... normal Bud Blaster ..... Monster grow but only used them a few times I've mainly only ever planted and watered never really had the 'chemical ' mind set just thought that stuff made it confusing I just always kept it simple ... so any information will be appreciated buddy

And thank you for the information you've already gave really appreciate it mate

H

hawkman

would not use anything smaller than a 3 gallon or 5 gallon (less pot but larger plant's) feed plants 2 out of 3 days and also include some "dry"periods (this helps prevent nutrient -lock-out, ect) But with that light you need some type of air exchange system for you heat issues

L

LimitedNoHow

would not use anything smaller than a 3 gallon or 5 gallon (less pot but larger plant's) feed plants 2 out of 3 days and also include some "dry"periods (this helps prevent nutrient -lock-out, ect) But with that light you need some type of air exchange system for you heat issues

Cheers hawkman and thanks for your input.... Is that 3/5 gal pots for an auto or a "normal" strain ? And yee I was kinda guessing that due to the heat coming off lol what type of air exchange you talking? Any more info such as What exactly I need to get this air system running properly ?? (What type fan ect ect )

thanks

-LimtedNoHow

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

You might want to consider supplementing with t5 all around the walls of the cupboard as you called it. A 600W hps will give you more than sufficient light in a 3×3 area. Something like 700 micromoles per second PAR ( photo sytnthetic available radiation ) 4 ladys well trained in 3gl pots can easily get you 1lb, if vegged long enough. Also at 8ft you can even divide it to give you a 5ft flower chamber on top and 3ft veg/ cloning area underneath for perpetual harvesting. Best of luck to you. PEACE

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Oh ! Almost forgot. Get at least a 140 cfm exhaust fan. If hiding is not a problem,open the door and put an oscillating standing fan in front. You dont mention if your reflector has air cooling capabilities. If it does then i suggest venting them out the top of your closet/cupboard.

L

LimitedNoHow

Here's the 600w light standard reflector with no air capabilities unless you buy an add on?

-LimitedNoHow

L

LimitedNoHow

Hi mr X, I call it a cupboard as it isn't a closet bud, and the lights don't have no air capability as u can see in the picture above ... Also would any body no if you can grow a auto under a 40w Phillips dual flourescent light believe there 20w each tube not sure tho (only wondering as people say autos only mainly need light not heat(altho it is quite "warm" with the 40w...I tested to see how hot it got with both lights and yea deffo will need air circ when I decide to get started ) I will plug it in and post pic.....

L

LimitedNoHow

Just to confirm I have NOT set anything up as I don't intend to grow right now this thread is just for future reference

Donmister

Donmister

What up if your going to start buy....
Gavita Pro 1000 E Series base heavy 16 ,House of garden additives and
CANNABoost,canna pk 13/14,
Phosphoload,
Grotek VitaMaxPlus,
Veganic Special Sauce,
Grow More Mendocino Avalanche hardener,
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud,

Great White Mycorrhizae,
Botanicare Growilla Bud Organic,..Terpinator thc ...
Heavy 16 Finish - Grow and Bloom Enhancement Additive - Flushing Agent ,flushing
Sea Green,
Nectar for the Gods Demeter's Destiny,
HydroOrganics HOSPGFQT Earth Juice Sugar Peak Grand Finale, yeah I for got Nutri+ the Beast - Bloom Treatment 500 ml andDyna-Gro Pro Silicon,VEGAMATRIX BOOST

Last edited:
Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

40W is way to little light. The plant needs photosynthetic available radiation to complete photosynthesis or growth. You can use the cfl for side lighting since they produce very little heat and can be very close to plants. Maybe you should get a cooltube they also have a reflector for the cooltube fixture.

Donmister

Donmister

Phosphoload,
Grotek VitaMaxPlus,
Veganic Special Sauce,
Great White Mycorrhizae,
Heavy 16 Finish - Grow and Bloom Enhancement some. Additive - Flushing Agent ,flushing
Sea Green,Nectar for the Gods Demeter's Destiny,HydroOrganics HOSPGFQT Earth Juice Sugar Peak Grand Finale the Beast - Bloom Treatment and Dyna-Gro Pro Silicon, vega
MATRIX BOOSTand Vegamatrix amp it

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Phosphoload,g
Grotek VitaMaxPlus,
Veganic Special Sauce,
Great White Mycorrhizae,
Heavy 16 Finish - Grow and Bloom Enhancement some. Additive - Flushing Agent ,flushing
Sea Green,Nectar for the Gods Demeter's Destiny,HydroOrganics HOSPGFQT Earth Juice Sugar Peak Grand Finale the Beast - Bloom Treatment and Dyna-Gro Pro Silicon, vega
MATRIX BOOSTand Vegamatrix amp it
Dude the mans growing in a closet. Just the gavita pro 1000w DE needs 15ft high ceilings. SMFH..? .

L

LimitedNoHow

40W is way to little light. The plant needs photosynthetic available radiation to complete photosynthesis or growth. You can use the cfl for side lighting since they produce very little heat and can be very close to plants. Maybe you should get a cooltube they also have a reflector for the cooltube fixture.

Was thinking it'd be way to low ... Altho would it be alright for the start? Ie just germinated and planted
Or would be best using the 600 straight ?

Thanks again for everyone's input

- LimitedNoHow

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Was thinking it'd be way to low ... Altho would it be alright for the start? Ie just germinated and planted
Or would be best using the 600 straight ?

Thanks again for everyone's input

- LimitedNoHow
Start the seedlings under t5 or fluorescents when theyre 3 to 4 weeks then switch to hps, make sure to top and prune while in veg to create multiple colas, try keeping the canopy as even as possible. When you switch to hps they're going to stretch. After 2 weeks lollipop the all the bottom crap that wont get any light and produce trash. Best of luck.

Top Bottom