New Member, Experienced Grower

• Thread starter iceberg8389
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iceberg8389

iceberg8389

Hey everyone!! Been growing for about a year. Legally for medicinal uses. My state allows 24 plants total, 12 in veg & 12 in flower simultaneously. I was lucky enough to have a 10yr veteran grower design my room, supply me with excellent genetics, and guide me when I was getting started. Now after a year, and 4 pretty successful harvests, I would consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable and understand what needs to be done throughout the entire process. My average yield through out my last 4 harvests has been .85g per watt. My best harvest by itself yielded me .98g per watt, which oddly enough was my first run!!! I recently started dialing in my VPD with industrial dehu & humidifier. This run I am in right now is def my best yet now that I truly have temp/humidity dialed in. I’m running 6000w HPS raptors air cooled hoods, Phantom 2 digital ballasts, 25k BTU A/C, 70 pint dehu, 75 pint humidifier, bottled co2 @ 1500ppm. I’m just turning into week 4 flower and these plants are stacking like I never seen before!!! I’ve been really happy with the yield and quality of the final product and I run multiple strains. I harvest every 10 weeks since I have a constant cycle between veg & flower. Veg time for the babies is usually about 6 weeks depending on when I take clones.

Upgrade plans for the whole operation is a dual zone 3 ton mini split for better temp control in both rooms, and I want to switch out my T5’s in veg with the Fluence LED’s as well.

I look forward to learning and helping others however I can here on this forum!! Recent pic of me in my flower room last week, just ending week 2, is attached! Happy growing!!

New member experienced grower
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hey everyone!! Been growing for about a year. Legally for medicinal uses. My state allows 24 plants total, 12 in veg & 12 in flower simultaneously. I was lucky enough to have a 10yr veteran grower design my room, supply me with excellent genetics, and guide me when I was getting started. Now after a year, and 4 pretty successful harvests, I would consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable and understand what needs to be done throughout the entire process. My average yield through out my last 4 harvests has been .85g per watt. My best harvest by itself yielded me .98g per watt, which oddly enough was my first run!!! I recently started dialing in my VPD with industrial dehu & humidifier. This run I am in right now is def my best yet now that I truly have temp/humidity dialed in. I’m running 6000w HPS raptors air cooled hoods, Phantom 2 digital ballasts, 25k BTU A/C, 70 pint dehu, 75 pint humidifier, bottled co2 @ 1500ppm. I’m just turning into week 4 flower and these plants are stacking like I never seen before!!! I’ve been really happy with the yield and quality of the final product and I run multiple strains. I harvest every 10 weeks since I have a constant cycle between veg & flower. Veg time for the babies is usually about 6 weeks depending on when I take clones.

Upgrade plans for the whole operation is a dual zone 3 ton mini split for better temp control in both rooms, and I want to switch out my T5’s in veg with the Fluence LED’s as well.

I look forward to learning and helping others however I can here on this forum!! Recent pic of me in my flower room last week, just ending week 2, is attached! Happy growing!!

Welcome to the farm. I have to say after 4 grows myself, i don’t count my self pretty knowlegable and everyday i find more and more to learn and master. This is a very demanding endeavour and it highly relies on researching and experience. So, its good you feel comfortable with your plants and getting satisfactory results but i think you will find, just as a 30 year old grower, if you’re not set in your ways and closed to new information, there is lot to learn :)
Plants look nice, and the setup seems cool :cool:

iceberg8389

iceberg8389

Welcome to the farm. I have to say after 4 grows myself, i don’t count my self pretty knowlegable and everyday i find more and more to learn and master. This is a very demanding endeavour and it higly relies on researching and experience. So, its good you feel comfortable with your plants and getting satisfactory results but i think you will find, just as a 30 year old grower, if you’re not set in your ways and closed to new information, there is lot to learn :)
Plants look nice, and the setup seems cool :cool:

For sure!! Always willing to learn more of course, for example just starting to learn about VPD which is why I now have humidity dialed in correctly. This is the first run for me with humidifier and it’s paying off big time!! Not a master by any means but I def know enough where I could coach someone else through a successful grow of their own I actually got my father in-law started growing and he has been thru 2 successful grows at this point, identical setup to mine.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome to the farm. Could always use a helping hand. I’ve been growing for a while myself and still learn new things on a daily basis. There’s always new tips and tricks to share and pickup and every environment and grow medium acts and reacts differently. So it’s a never ending learning cycle for most of us. Even veteran growers stumble from time to time. Goes with the territory.

iceberg8389

iceberg8389

Did you get any coaching on pest control?
Bugs will test your sanity.

Nice set up. Way better than my little basement corner.

I was coached bug prevention. 1 yr in and not a sign of any pests whatsoever in either veg or flower. Aside from a dead spider or beetle here and there on the floor. No PM, no bud rot. Only issue i’ve had was high temps during my summer run. Another reason i’m Upgrading to mini split

Last edited:
iceberg8389

iceberg8389

Looks like you got it down,welcome here. Are you installing AC yourself? BTW thats the coolest looking phony beard ive seen....

That beard is all natural!!! And no, I have an electrician/HVAC guy that handles that stuff for me. My flower room has a dedicated 70amp sub panel as well which he installed for me. I have to convert to 200amp whole house service before I can safely run a 3 ton mini split however...one step at a time!!

BE302520 DE8A 4756 85A4 5A695131431B
Top Bottom