New Member - Photo Question

• Thread starter FredGarvin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FredGarvin

FredGarvin

Howdy Everyone,

Been on Autoflower.net a couple of weeks and lurking here, thought I would say hello and ask a Photoperiod question if I might;

Upfront info.... I have a tent but it is occupied by an Acqpulco Gold well into flower. I will move the below into the tent once they get of sufficient size as not to be occluded by the AG.

I have new growth (1+ nodes) of photo Alien Technology(Bighead Seeds) , Blue Kushberry, and Mendocino Skunk(Both Chongs Choice) and our light is less than 12 hours of daylight a day. I veg all mymplants outside btw.......

I understand that being photo they will just veg then flower. this leaves me nonplussed as to the below;

Is there any set number of nodes I can expect, say at least four nodes before flower?

Could I FIM or top these or is the movement from veg to flower too fluid to do so?

Regarding height, does the breeders stated ”height” kind of go out the window? For example, would a “tall” plant still be “tall”? Or would it be stunted (for lack of better terminology) due to limited veg times?

Your wisdom is greatly appreciated and glad tobe here.

Gotta go find my spleen truss,

Fred Garvin

BigCube

BigCube

There is no set number, you can start a seed in 12 12 if you want.

Manufacturers stated size and yields are very subjective. It depends more on how you grow it.

Nothing would be stunted. The plant would be small cause of the little amount of light that it gets. That's not stunted, that's neglected.. 🤣
Stunted is usually reserved for plants that are being given everything correctly but still not growing properly.

The plant is going to stay in veg until it's old enough to show sex, usually 4 or 5 weeks. Then it will go in to flower.

Plants grown this way from what I've seen end up about the size of auto plants.

FredGarvin

FredGarvin

Appreciate the info, could be less assinine, but thanks regardless

growsince79

growsince79

There is no set number, you can start a seed in 12 12 if you want.

Manufacturers stated size and yields are very subjective. It depends more on how you grow it.

Nothing would be stunted. The plant would be small cause of the little amount of light that it gets. That's not stunted, that's neglected.. 🤣
Stunted is usually reserved for plants that are being given everything correctly but still not growing properly.

The plant is going to stay in veg until it's old enough to show sex, usually 4 or 5 weeks. Then it will go in to flower.

Plants grown this way from what I've seen end up about the size of auto plants.
I agree for the most part. But let me add that the size will be determined by genetics. For example, a pure equatorial sative will still get 8-10 feet tall when grown 12-12 from seed. A pure Afghani may only be one foot tall. A lot of seed companies are selling what they call Colombian gold or Acapulco gold that are not the real deal pure Sativa. They are almost always part indica so no telling what will happen 12-12.

Top Bottom