• Thread starter Shay97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shay97

Shay97

Hey All,
Shay here, new member and new to growing in general, it finally became legal here and this is something I've wanted to do my entire life. My best friend and I are in the early stages of R&D and look forward to connecting with the community.
😊😊

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

Hello and welcome. Are you interested for medical reasons? I have a current grow log going in a 4 x 4 tent. Check it out. I have experience and I'm an accomplished grower. Although I'm sure you'll find people here that are sharper than I am. I'm somewhat obsessed with preventing disease. Learn about insect pests and nutrient deficiency and you've got a leg up. Also nutrients. I highly recommend Fox Farm. Easy to use and gives definite results. I use the standard Fox Farm trio of Grow Big, Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom. Although they have a large line of products. Cal Mag plus to prevent deficiencies. Neem oil to prevent leaf diseases and pests. Insects have difficulty planting eggs on plants treated with neem oil. Potting soil and coco noir work equally well. Don't recommend hydroponics for beginners. If you're growing outside better learn about pests. There is a debate about LED lighting VS. HID. There is a reason 75 % of commercial indoor growers still use high intensity bulbs. Better yields! But more heat...... Organic growing? Requires deeper education. You're fortunate to be a beginner when the prices are down. When I started growing decades ago stuff was so expensive! You're also fortunate in the high availability of exotic strains. But that's something that isn't cheaper! Before the law shut it down seeds were being shipped out of Michigan in the 80's. I remember buying like 25 seeds of purple skunk for only $25. Not any more! Expect to pay up to $10 a seed now! Learn to clone, start your cuttings under full-spectrum fluorescentrs and you stretch your dollar. Know that feminized seeds often produce hermaphrodites and you must learm the term "bananas and balls." These are the two types of hermie manifestation. If you don't want seeded pot (nobody does) learn to look for bananas and balls.

Shay97

Shay97

Hello and welcome. Are you interested for medical reasons? I have a current grow log going in a 4 x 4 tent. Check it out. I have experience and I'm an accomplished grower. Although I'm sure you'll find people here that are sharper than I am. I'm somewhat obsessed with preventing disease. Learn about insect pests and nutrient deficiency and you've got a leg up. Also nutrients. I highly recommend Fox Farm. Easy to use and gives definite results. I use the standard Fox Farm trio of Grow Big, Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom. Although they have a large line of products. Cal Mag plus to prevent deficiencies. Neem oil to prevent leaf diseases and pests. Insects have difficulty planting eggs on plants treated with neem oil. Potting soil and coco noir work equally well. Don't recommend hydroponics for beginners. If you're growing outside better learn about pests. There is a debate about LED lighting VS. HID. There is a reason 75 % of commercial indoor growers still use high intensity bulbs. Better yields! But more heat...... Organic growing? Requires deeper education. You're fortunate to be a beginner when the prices are down. When I started growing decades ago stuff was so expensive! You're also fortunate in the high availability of exotic strains. But that's something that isn't cheaper! Before the law shut it down seeds were being shipped out of Michigan in the 80's. I remember buying like 25 seeds of purple skunk for only $25. Not any more! Expect to pay up to $10 a seed now! Learn to clone, start your cuttings under full-spectrum fluorescentrs and you stretch your dollar. Know that feminized seeds often produce hermaphrodites and you must learm the term "bananas and balls." These are the two types of hermie manifestation. If you don't want seeded pot (nobody does) learn to look for bananas and balls.
Ooofff, thank you Dirty, for the most part yes medical reasons, I personally have been through absolute hell medically the last 16 months, my saving grace has been cannabis . My knowledge base is still limited but im learning more and more everyday, so yes I am a newbie chick lol and any information is beyond greatly appreciated, some of what you said the light went on and some is new information for me. So again thank you so so much for reaching out and sharing with me, it is very kind of you. This is a lifelong goal of mine and I am so freaking excited to take the journey and hopefully be the proud mamma of some amazing plants. 😊😊

Ponky

Ponky

Welcome aboard. A good first step is to plug in one of these bad boys Klein Tools RT110 Receptacle Tester https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01AKX3AYE/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_EVCCE9WM63H256E2YBWH and make sure everything you want to use is up to snuff.
Screenshot 20220323 132446 Chrome

Shay97

Shay97

Welcome aboard. A good first step is to plug in one of these bad boys Klein Tools RT110 Receptacle Tester https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01AKX3AYE/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_EVCCE9WM63H256E2YBWH and make sure everything you want to use is up to snuff. View attachment 1228993
Hey Ponky !!
Thank you so much!! Yep this has been done and already adjusted, believe or not I'm an engineer so my electrical, hvac , construction background in general has been helpful in navigating these steps. This is such a solid tip either way !! Thank You 😊😊

Ponky

Ponky

Hey Ponky !!
Thank you so much!! Yep this has been done and already adjusted, believe or not I'm an engineer so my electrical, hvac , construction background in general has been helpful in navigating these steps. This is such a solid tip either way !! Thank You 😊😊
Oh you've already got it half in the bag then. Its all about nicely filtered and conditioned air. It's going to be a lot of fun setting up a nice room.

Shay97

Shay97

Oh you've already got it half in the bag then. Its all about nicely filtered and conditioned air. It's going to be a lot of fun setting up a nice room.
Thank You again Ponky !! This is so freaking exciting for me 😊😊

Billymgb

Billymgb

Welcome Shay, My wifes name is sherri and she goes by shay too lol. Anyway I have been growing for a few years and I still feel the same way you do. I am just blown away with this plant. Well good luck with your grow and remember The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.
Bill G.

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

Ooofff, thank you Dirty, for the most part yes medical reasons, I personally have been through absolute hell medically the last 16 months, my saving grace has been cannabis . My knowledge base is still limited but im learning more and more everyday, so yes I am a newbie chick lol and any information is beyond greatly appreciated, some of what you said the light went on and some is new information for me. So again thank you so so much for reaching out and sharing with me, it is very kind of you. This is a lifelong goal of mine and I am so freaking excited to take the journey and hopefully be the proud mamma of some amazing plants. 😊😊
Are you a fibromyalgia sufferer? I invited some one to join this site that was expressing a need to grow cannabis and I was expecting them to wade in here. Is that you?

Shay97

Shay97

Welcome Shay, My wifes name is sherri and she goes by shay too lol. Anyway I have been growing for a few years and I still feel the same way you do. I am just blown away with this plant. Well good luck with your grow and remember The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.
Bill G.
Awww thats adorable, love that your wife goes by Shay, best name ever lol . I totally agree, im sure I will have questions and will feel silly asking them but I will do so anyways. Its how we learn. Thank you so much Bill 😊😊

Shay97

Shay97

Are you a fibromyalgia sufferer? I invited some one to join this site that was expressing a need to grow cannabis and I was expecting them to wade in here. Is that you?
It is not me no lol, my issue started with crohns and 12 ongoing surgeries later here I am haha.

Billymgb

Billymgb

Awww thats adorable, love that your wife goes by Shay, best name ever lol . I totally agree, im sure I will have questions and will feel silly asking them but I will do so anyways. Its how we learn. Thank you so much Bill 😊😊
You are very welcome Shay.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Welcome to the Farm & let us know what media,nutrients, tent size, water & lights you are using also post pictures of your progress for help. Cheers SS

Top Bottom