• Thread starter FarmerN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FarmerN

Hello farmers. New member not so new to growing. Current operation pics included. Used a new nutrient regimen and the plants are super healthy but small buds.

Problem I can’t figure out: hemp russet mites. I grow a perpetual crop but had an infestation of hemp russet mites that won’t go away. Been fighting the problem with Neem oil solution and it works but they keep coming back. All plants came from seeds so I have no idea why the bugs started or where they came from. I will shut down operations after this harvest to clean and hopefully kill ‘em all, the bugs. Any other suggestions??
New member 3
New member 2
New member 2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello farmers. New member not so new to growing. Current operation pics included. Used a new nutrient regimen and the plants are super healthy but small buds.

Problem I can’t figure out: hemp russet mites. I grow a perpetual crop but had an infestation of hemp russet mites that won’t go away. Been fighting the problem with Neem oil solution and it works but they keep coming back. All plants came from seeds so I have no idea why the bugs started or where they came from. I will shut down operations after this harvest to clean and hopefully kill ‘em all, the bugs. Any other suggestions??
View attachment 1267934View attachment 1267933View attachment 1267933View attachment 1267932
Welcome to the farm.

@1diesel1 treats these successfully maybe he can give you some info

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Green Cleaner- group.png
Treat every 3 days, spray during dark period,
Can spray both products up to day of harvest.
It will burn if leaves are exposed to light when wet.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

The slow release predator mite sachets will keep the population down after you spray. If you wanna go that route

Glassdub

Glassdub

Green Cleaner- group.png
View attachment 1268015Treat every 3 days, spray during dark period,
Can spray both products up to day of harvest.
It will burn if leaves are exposed to light when wet.
Just got Hudson fogger & GC, shy to use it been reading mixed reports post purchase, I'm about 36 days into flowering, noticed mite damage a week ago, but no webs, water washed plants with pistol nozzle and that seemed to work better than expected. Would it be safe to apply 1oz/gal (as suggested) or should I go less? I read this can strip the scent/flavor, the alcohol content is a bit worrisome.

Last edited:
Glassdub

Glassdub

Decided to play it safe & go 1/2 oz per gallon. If the plants are good with will up to a oz on second application.
IMG 20220911 191430

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Just got Hudson fogger & GC, shy to use it been reading mixed reports post purchase, I'm about 36 days into flowering, noticed mite damage a week ago, but no webs, water washed plants with pistol nozzle and that seemed to work better than expected. Would it be safe to apply 1oz/gal (as suggested) or should I go less? I read this can strip the scent/flavor, the alcohol content is a bit worrisome.
If it’s not a bad infestation go 1/2 Oz per gallon.
I’ve never had any issues with scent or flavor depletion and I’ve paid extra special attention when I started using these products.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Yeah, they seem to smell fine, drenched them pretty good though the Hudson fog flow is kinda speradic but seemed to get the job done.
Tempted to spray in the tent next time was a ton of work dragging all the plants to the basement without snapping them.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Hit 3 times with GC 3 times over a week (9 days or so), 2 times in tent with 1oz per gal, since I've seen mites on under leaves but they are not moving & seem to be dead so I'm monitoring, I'm on day 44 of flower.
I'm thinking of water fogging some time before cut to clean the GC residue off.

Top Bottom