New Model All-in-one Dabpress Rosin Press

• Thread starter Hackerman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hackerman

Hackerman

OK, gang. The moment we have been waiting for. DabPress premiered their new "Personal Size" press today.

Wow, I'll be on this puppy. Let's see someone try to produce quality like this for $399. Congrats to the peeps at @dabpress for shooting right to the top of the "Quality, Price and Service" triangle.

I think they said these will be available in 2 weeks on eBay and on the DabPress.com web site.

I am going to grab one as soon as they become available so I'll let you know how I like it.

This is going to be so cool. I'll put this in one pocket and my Motar Quartz and a couple 510's in my other pocket and I am a walking, talking dab machine. LOL

Also, I love the way this is setup to do drip tek. I am going to have this baby munching my buds real soon. LOL

mmexport1538106085189.jpg

mmexport1538106049408.jpg

mmexport1538106023623.jpg

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

OK, gang. The moment I have been waiting for. DabPress premiered their new "Personal SIze" press today.

Wow, I'll be on this puppy. Let's see someone try to produce quality like this for $399. Congrats to the peeps at @dabpress for shooting right to the top of the "Quality, Price and Service" triangle.

I think they said these will be available in 2 weeks on eBay and on the DabPress.com web site.

I am going to grab one as soon as they become available so I'll let you know how I like it.

This is going to be so cool. I'll put this in one packet and my Motar Quartz and a couple 510's in my other pocket and I am a walking, talking dab machine. LOL

Also, I love the way this is setup to do drip tek. I am going to have this baby munching my buds real soon. LOL

mmexport1538106085189.jpg

mmexport1538106049408.jpg

mmexport1538106023623.jpg
@Hackerman
Nice!!

Did they give you any specs?
Plate size, press weight, SS or Aluminum or???
Can this one be upgraded insofar as a bigger jack?
TIA

Hackerman

Hackerman

Here is what the factory rep posted...

Some features of our new release dp-bj3t33

Platens made of anodized 6061 aluminum
Perfect alignment of platens
Dual insulation layers on platens of bamboo and FR4 material
500W Single PID powers dual heaters (one temp setting for both platens)
3x3" raised pressing surface area
Machine grade linear bearings designed for constant use
Frame made of 6061 Aluminum
Food grade materials used for frame and platens
3-tons of pressure delivered with bottle jack
Suggested use with 1-7g of flower
Drip tech capability by tilting unit and resting at 45 degrees
Unit is taller than 2-liter soda bottle, 5cm taller than dp-bj6t35

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thank you..one thing (for the moment) that I would question, is "Food grade materials used for frame and platens". Could be almost anything. IMO the "driptech" tech is marketing hype, and can be done with almost any press. (albeit it looks easier with this one). My all electric press is too heavy (65lbs) to tilt it (it is made to operate vertically anyway). I use more than enough parchment with folds to catch any "river" that might occur.

For the $$, it does look quite formidable, and it is good to see companys beginning to take heed of the home pressers (HUGE market). My new electric automatic press has made me lazy AF..After setting the material, You hit a button, and the press does the rest..including automatically raising the plates after the set time has elapsed. When I got it, It sold for $700..They sold out and the new price will be $800 upon restocking.

TBH, my old manual 3x5 press was fine for weekly pressing, but with the upcoming outdoor harvest..I needed more power..LOL
9 27 18   Copy
9 27 18 1   Copy

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Edit..I see it now..Aluminum frame..They had to cut some corners to get it out at this price (Plus, I am not a fan of a single control for both plates..but that's me)..I would like to see a video of that one in REAL action. I am curious how much it jumps around..There is a video on U-tube of some clown and his Nugsmasher Mini trying to hold it down on his counter..(thing looked like a waste, but it could have been the guy trying to operate it.).
Also I would ask them if that Bottle Jack is a standard 3 ton jack so you can replace it when needed.

Hackerman

Hackerman

Wow, nice. I am always so jealous of you people who can grow outdoors. I have these little pee pee plants in a tiny 4x4 room. LOL I'm not complaining but.. wow, wish I could grow like that.

It looks like a standard 3t jack. I'll ask.

As for dual controls...... why? I have dual controls on all my [store bought] presses and they are always set to the same temp. Who sets their bottom plate to a different temp than the top plate? LOL

I always wondered why they used 2.

I considered 2 controllers on my early home made prototypes because on a couple models the plates were way different temperature. Top to bottom plate was 20 degrees difference. LOL I'm not much of a craftsman. LOL But, I blew it off and convinced myself that when they pressed together the temperature would even up. LOL OK, like I said, I'm no craftsman.

Maybe that's where the idea passed to the commercial units but I have always checked the temperature on all my store bought plates with a true Fluke thermometer and probe and they were always more than close enough ( a couple degrees depending on where you were on the plate ). I thought the idea of a single controller was a plus. LOL Just goes to show how people can look at the same thing differently.

I don't know about weight or stability yet. I saw 2 videos on the last "all-in-one" unit they released and one guy was all over the table and another guy was solid as a rock. I am a little guy with arthritis and girly man arms so if I can do it, your sister can do it. LOL

I was never into drip tech. I like to press small batches and smoke it fresh that day. :) However, it will be cool to try. Like you, I'm more concerned about stability than drip tek. I must say, tilting it like that sure seems like it would add to the stability. I mean 4 feet on the ground is probably going to be more stable than 2 feet on the ground.

Sometimes I do big presses for CBD so I'll try it on this and see just how big a 3 ton 3x3 press will go. Still, I want this for quick heat-up and a fast press for yummy yummy time. LOL If I want to press a big batch, I have a 3x7 that will do about 16 grams or so at a time.

I am going to order one of these as soon as they are available so if anyone wants me to check something out special for you, I am happy to do it.

I know they probably have tight margins on a model like this..... I wonder if I should ask for a free gift. LMAO... maybe a discount coupon. LOL I'm so fucking cheap, I scare myself. LOL

Nice forum here, by the way. Seems like a real nice group of people.

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Like you..I always study my balls off before I spring for that kind of $$ (fixed income now).
As far as growing outdoors..This is my 1st cultivated crop outdoors..I normally only grow indoors myself, and the outdoor thing was really an experiment. Nevada is cool, as long as you keep them out of plain sight. ie: if a neighbor sees them from his window..TS..I am in compliance behind a six foot fence. (medical patients can grow 12 instead of the normal 6.

I have plenty of flower from my indoor plants. These will all be flash frozen, for later processing into hash and then Rosin. You will have the same from your own 4x4. In fact, it was the need to REDUCE the bulk of flower that sold me on an automatic press (my 1st manual one sold easily on Ebay).

I like having separate plate temp. controls. Sometimes, I keep the lower plate, up to 5d Cooler that the upper plate..depends on what I am pressing. (cured bud presses best at 62%RH imo).
The unit I have, shows the actual temperature and the ones that you set. The new one also allows you to reset the each plate's shown temperature to more closely approximate the actual temps achieved at the plate.

Since DP is a Sponsor here, I imagine the powers that be, would allow your review. I refrain from mentioning my press again (it is in this thread somewhere), because of that. I would inquire from @jumpincactus if that is ok.

Like you, I am not a huge guy. I am older now, which makes it even worse..thus the automatic function. My press weighs 654lbs as I mentioned, and it was not easy hoisting it from the box to the table. Our weather is unspeakable as far as sitting out in the garage pressing in summers or winters. Otherwise, I would also have a garage press (might make one anyway..LMAO).

My GF would slaughter me (slowly ..LOL), if I brought a hydraulic press inside and it leaked..OUCH..she hits like a champ when pissed! (LOL..been together for a Loooong time).

In any event, Ima sure the members here would appreciate your own thoughts when you get it..

Hackerman

Hackerman

Absolutely. I have a bunch of buds I just harvested that I want to press so I'll have lots of presses to run tests.

I will get the go-pro cam out when I do.

Also, when I get it, if anyone wants me to run a specific test for them, I am all in. :)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Absolutely. I have a bunch of buds I just harvested that I want to press so I'll have lots of presses to run tests.

I will get the go-pro cam out when I do.

Also, when I get it, if anyone wants me to run a specific test for them, I am all in. :)
I would suggest waiting until they cure at least 30 days..tried pressing some bud that was too wet..
Nothing good came of it. Once cured..all was good again..TBH, I have yet to find a strain that doesn't press well (have pressed and grown over 25 so far)..some are better than others.

Gopro sounds really cool..can't wait.

Hackerman

Hackerman

I pressed some fresh buds in the past and it was just a watery mess.

DabPress should have the new press on sale in 2 weeks. That should be just about right for a big batch of popcorn to dry. Won't be cured but... it should press OK. It just went into jars today. It has been drying for 7 days in my drying tent.

I can't say enough good about drying in a tent. I have total control over the temp, RH and air flow. I used to dry in paper bags and it always went too fast and smelled like poo poo. This takes a nice 7 to 10 days and the temp is a constant 65F with 65RH.

Anyway, after a week in the tent and a couple weeks in the jars, it should be sweet for pressing rosin.

Also, I talked to DabPress and the jack can be replaced with another standard 3 ton jack if ever required. They do not suggest going with a larger jack.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I pressed some fresh buds in the past and it was just a watery mess.

DabPress should have the new press on sale in 2 weeks. That should be just about right for a big batch of popcorn to dry. Won't be cured but... it should press OK. It just went into jars today. It has been drying for 7 days in my drying tent.

I can't say enough good about drying in a tent. I have total control over the temp, RH and air flow. I used to dry in paper bags and it always went too fast and smelled like poo poo. This takes a nice 7 to 10 days and the temp is a constant 65F with 65RH.

Anyway, after a week in the tent and a couple weeks in the jars, it should be sweet for pressing rosin.

Also, I talked to DabPress and the jack can be replaced with another standard 3 ton jack if ever required. They do not suggest going with a larger jack.
great news..at least you are not at the mercy of anyone..

I tried to press some 1 week old (jarred) bud..still too watery imo. As least 30 days needed here before I press.

My "spare" tent (2x4x6) was a breeding tent, but now is home to my summer breeding project (1 plant)..I dry in my walk-in clothes closet with 2 HUMIDIFIERS going to keep RH at a perfect 50%.:smoking:

9 23 18

Hackerman

Hackerman

May I have a drum roll, please?

LRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRL

I received my DabPress DP-BJ3T33 yesterday. OMG! I so much love this thing.

I did an unboxing and I am going to do some vids of some presses today.

At a price of $399 this is the rosin press to end all rosin presses. Not only is that an incredible entry level price but I intend to test this unit on large loads including 1/8th ounce and 1/4 ounce. Just like the big boys. LOL

I did do some presses yesterday of small loads. 1 and 2 grams. Worked great and provided the same yield as my larger 3x7 caged plates and a 12 ton press. I will post those vids asap.

Here is an unboxing to give you an idea of what's what.

Let's test the video upload feature.

Hackerman

Hackerman

This is really cute. Here is this tiny little 3 ton rosin press doing drip tech. LOL Talk about The Little Ant That Could. LOL

This is an amazing press. I am totally impressed.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This is really cute. Here is this tiny little 3 ton rosin press doing drip tech. LOL Talk about The Little Ant That Could. LOL

This is an amazing press. I am totally impressed.

Man..IDK..I press in my shorts or naked..You wear a sport coat..:cry::cry:
Nice lil press..:D

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter

Fr4? Really? The CTEfir That material is insufficient for multiple heat cycles? What engineer thought it was a good idea? I would have used polyamide.
Former PCB engineer here so I know my pcb materials....
Don’t buy that model. The fr4 is the weak point. It’s not a great insulator and the bromine used in. Fr4 isn’t what I’d like to say near my dab/rosin.
Fr4 is the material in most common circuit boards. Try heating one up and see what happens.

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Fr4? Really? The CTEfir That material is insufficient for multiple heat cycles? What engineer thought it was a good idea? I would have used polyamide.
Don’t buy that model. The fr4 is the weak point. It’s not a great insulator and the bromine used in. Fr4 isn’t what I’d like to say near my dab/rosin.
Fr4 is the material in most common circuit boards. Try heating one up and see what happens.
Ouch!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom