New needs some help in hydroponics

• Thread starter rolex1994
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rolex1994

Need some help getting started with hydroponics. What filtration system should I buy on Amazon for the water.

What brand of nutrients is ideal?

Should I make my own system?if so any tutorials?
Or should I buy one off Amazon if so which is recommended

D

DEgrower

That... depends. What's the quality of your tap water? How many plants do you want to grow? How much space do you have available? Budget?

R

rolex1994

That... depends. What's the quality of your tap water? How many plants do you want to grow? How much space do you have available? Budget?
2 or 3 plants white rhino.

4×4 grow tent.not sure on tap water

D

DEgrower

Okay huge plants. Tap water stats can usually be found at your local water plant. But especially in the US chlorine is very common to be found in tap water. Best not to use the water straight from the tap but to let the chlorine evaporate before use. 24-48h of being in a bucket will usually do the job. Goes faster if you can aerate the water with an air stone.

If you're not too bad with tools, I'd recommend a DIY DWC system for a trial phase. Fast, cheap and easy. You can even cut the lids yourself if you don't want to buy in. You could then upgrade to a RDWC system. Has benefits but for example is harder to move during a season. The kits you get from Amazon and the likes are pretty much the same thing, just pre-cut and partially pre-built.

Also get a TDS/EC meter and a decent pH meter. Those are very important.
Nutes depend on your local market. You're likely from the US, I'm not, so I'll leave suggestions up to others.
For hydroponics you'll just have to make sure that it's a mineral type and/or made for hydro. Eco fertilizer will gunk up your system.
The General Hydroponics Flora 3 part system is usually a well balanced start though, just to give you an idea of what to check out. You can also see some impressive plants in the Amazon reviews for the product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom