New Nute Measurement Tech From China?

• Thread starter Atlantis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Atlantis

Atlantis

Hey guys,
I'm amazed how informative and quality the posts are here. Thanks. I work in tech, I don't have any experience with plants. One of my buddies lives in Hong Kong. On one of his trips to the mainland he saw a device that supposedly can measure plant nutrients. It either works in water or soil. (I'm not sure which, maybe both.) My speculation is that it tells you the concentration of the major nutrients (N, P, K, Mg, etc.) but that's probably it. It's probably not a miracle. It probably can only measure salts? I'm speculating. Basically it'd be a more sophisticated TDS meter. Instead of telling you x stuff is dissolved, it would say this and this and this are dissolved.

Would a device like this help you grow? Could you increase your yield? Can you optimize nutes for better growth or are other things (temp, light, O2?) more important?

Is something like this already on the market? I looked and I could find test strips but not a meter.

I'm working on getting more information. I'm trying to order one so I can check it out. I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

Thanks, and sorry for my lack of plant knowledge. :opps:

Last edited:
william76

william76

Something like a bluelab truncheon?if it dont measure ec/tds wonder wot measurements it uses?interesting,76

N

noone88

We need this level of precision in our industry. PPM/TDS/EC is not enough.

Top Bottom