New Oldbie from NorCal

• Thread starter KCToon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KCToon

Hey, there, kiddies! I'm always on the lookout for places to obtain new insights into my gardening efforts. I'm looking forward to following THC Farmer.

I initially began growing under fluoro before growers generally learned about sensimilla. I quit for over thirty years to go on the road, get married, raise kids blah-de-blah. Now I'm old and decrepit, I've got a card, and for the first time in my life, I'M SMOKING LEGAL!

In 1968, I thought weed would be legal within five years. I didn't realize then that the country needed jobs (LEO & prisons) more than it needed peace of mind. Oh well.

I'm growing small time in a clone tent and a 5x5, using a combination of CFL and digital ballast. Mostly for my own use and hybridization experiments, but if you've got a card and drop by, well, I wouldn't deny you the occasional aspirin for a headache.

I'm training in cell culture, stem cells, and recombinant DNA and plan to set up a home-brew plant cell culture lab this winter. I'd like to genetically manipulate cannabis - you know, take a gene or two from somewhere else and insert it into my favorite cultivar.

The following might be an interesting thread, if anybody's listening: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE DONE (genetically)TO YOUR FAVORITE STRAIN OF WEED?

Any ideas? Remember, manipulation is not limited to using genes from plants only - and although a human ear has been grown on a mouse's back, I don't anticipate a "Little Shop of Horrors" scenario anytime in the near future. Also, it would do little to insert a gene for 'blue eyes' into the cannabis genome. It would be possible, however, to insert a common jellyfish gene to make marijuana glow in the dark. I suppose this would be useful for gardening at night. It would help if the gene(s) had already been isolated and identified.

I'll talk more about this topic in other threads. But for now, I'm excited to joint up.

S

Smokesalot420

Hey welcome! Also a Nor-Cal noobie to this site but if there is a way, I would like to see ROOT APHID resistant strains. Being from Nor-Cal I'm sure you know how big a problem they are, but I have been noticing people from all over complaining of these bugs lately, I think we're in for a long fight with these things....

Top Bottom