New Plant Questiin

• Thread starter Raw911
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Raw911

hi
My plants leaves are not drooping but just the opposite. They was horizontal just before I put them in new tent. Now there not vertical but they all are like reaching up to the light. So is my light too close or too far away?

75f...50% rh .... 400w MH. In a 4x4 tent

R

Raw911

MGRox

MGRox

I gotta ask a dumb question here as it may be a good place.

Does anyone know why / what causes the praying? I've only seen people say "it's good". Is there any data to describe what is "good" that results in this praying?

Reason I ask, was back before I read online and such (old MG methods); my plant leaves would raise up "pray" like that in flower. Heck, they would sometimes get totally vertical and almost enclose the bud!! I always had thought, back then, that it was too much salts, so I was very surprised to see everyone mention it being good; when I started reading n' all.

Just one of the few simple questions I've not found answers for I guess.

Quagmire

Quagmire

For the most part these plants look normal.. of course it is ideal to have leafs laying out flat like solar panels to absorb more lumens and convert that energy into something the plant can use to thrive on.. I don't give my seedlings any food for the first 10 days and then it's a form of Kelp with a light hand. Molasses is something most save for flowering and a light hand should be used this early on especially. I wouldn't think your light height would affect leaf curl like this and at times can even be a strain trait, Blueberry is notorious for stuff like this and especially during veg.. the only thing I found that comes close to what I see on your plants is MG issues.. but again, I can't see you having food issues this early on as most all MJ plants have enough foods stored within them to take care of themselves the 1st few weeks and why I wait 10 days to start my schedule.

Cal/Mag is a big problem with MJ plants and some strains gobble this element up big time.. my old AK47 needed it with almost every feeding to thrive.. for right now man. I'd say leave them be unless you start to see necrosis of some type. Early on I've seen many many a strain start out just like this and grow just fine. but better safe then sorry so don't be afraid to ask..

luck

Here is a shot of a plant with MG issues..
Mg issues

R

Raw911

attached are pics of day 13 .... they are now in a 4x4 tent with 75F @ 47% RH ....
I've heard of leaf curl and I'm wondering if my plants are in that phase ... or are they just doing what they do ... 1st timer here and man I'm full of questions ... constantly reading books and internet stuff to try to make this a successful grow. if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please feel free to chime in...much appreciated..
oh and these are 3- white widow - and - 3- hash plant

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

looks like phototropic response to me (leaves are just adjusting themselves for maximum exposure to the light source)
If you can, try and bump your rh up a little

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Just curious...is this day 13 since you set the seeds to germinate or day 13 since the sprouted? Also what light system will you have in you 4x4 tent? And by the pics I am assuming you will be running soil? What kind?

Bannacis

Bannacis

it has to do with the light distance, if you lowered your light (make sure its not too hot) the leaves will level out. if you get to close they will droop.
they look good, but when they prey like that it is usually (IMO) that the light is just a little to high so they reach for it. in some strains this can cause stretching.

J

jinxjj

They look fine bro, keep doing what you are doing. New growth looks funny sometimes until it finishes.

R

Raw911

not enough info on your setup.
Ok I'm using soil named BlackGold
Right now there under a 400w Mh @24 on - there in a 4x4 tent
I've upgraded lights to radiant reflector with solis tek ballast 1000w and HPS bulb which I'll be using for flowering 12/12 - vortex inline for reflector only and a phresh filter and inline fan for vent only.
FloraNova product line for feelings
I think I covered it all. The reason for the 400w now is because I didn't plan on getting this deep into this but after I started it I just said hell with it lets go for it.

R

Raw911

Just curious...is this day 13 since you set the seeds to germinate or day 13 since the sprouted? Also what light system will you have in you 4x4 tent? And by the pics I am assuming you will be running soil? What kind?
It's day 13 since seeds popped open. I started these out under a 400w HPS 24/0
Going to radiant reflector and solis tek matrix 1000w ballast for flowering. Soil is called BlackGold

O

oregonmellow

Raw,does that Black Gold have nutes in it? Thought it was kind of like Miracle Grow soil, something to look out for,another two cents,much luck bud,Peace.

R

Raw911

Raw,does that Black Gold have nutes in it? Thought it was kind of like Miracle Grow soil, something to look out for,another two cents,much luck bud,Peace.
it has a NPK of 0.05-0-0 so basically it has very little N and I'm feeding nutes with the flora nova .... this is what guy at store told me to do so ... but so far it seems to be working.
but yea guy at store told me to stay away from miracle grow

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

It's day 13 since seeds popped open. I started these out under a 400w HPS 24/0
Going to radiant reflector and solis tek matrix 1000w ballast for flowering. Soil is called BlackGold
I'm still very new at indoor cannabis growing but have been growing organic outdoor begatables for years with great success....I have learned more then I could have ever imagined here on the farm! There are some really nice, experienced growers here but more importantly they have an incredible amount of info just searching thru their threads! Everybody is different but I have read on more then one occasion that an 18/6 light cycle might be a lil better for your young plants. I'm not 100% if their is proof to back that up, I just know what has worked for me so far and as crazy as it sounds I feel like my plants have told me they wouldn't enjoy the sun out 24/7...lol...So your going to veg with the 400w the whole time then when you flower jump to the 1000w? ...Well good luck to you bro, I wish you success and happiness!

Top Bottom