New Rob Clarke/Mark Merlin book: Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany

• Thread starter Morpheus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Morpheus

Last summer, I volunteered to proofread the upcoming book by Rob Clarke and Mark Merlin, "Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany". It's now been announced that University of California Press is publishing the book as a limited edition hardcover on May 31st. Rob Clarke wrote "Marijuana Botany" and "Hashish", was the Field Manager for the International Hemp Association, and co-founded HortaPharm. Mark Merlin is a professor of botany at the University of Hawaii and authored "Man and Marijuana".

The book took almost two decades to write. The book is a huge overview of how the cannabis plant evolved and explores the myriad of uses that humans have found for the plant. The book is illustrated with an amazing number of photos from Clarke's travels around the globe observing landrace cannabis. The book is priced at $95, but I ordered one, despite being promised a freebie for my volunteer help in proofreading it. I think that the hardcover edition of the book is going to become seriously rare, if you care about such things. I loved reading it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Last summer, I volunteered to proofread the upcoming book by Rob Clarke and Mark Merlin, "Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany". It's now been announced that University of California Press is publishing the book as a limited edition hardcover on May 31st. Rob Clarke wrote "Marijuana Botany" and "Hashish", was the Field Manager for the International Hemp Association, and co-founded HortaPharm. Mark Merlin is a professor of botany at the University of Hawaii and authored "Man and Marijuana".

The book took almost two decades to write. The book is a huge overview of how the cannabis plant evolved and explores the myriad of uses that humans have found for the plant. The book is illustrated with an amazing number of photos from Clarke's travels around the globe observing landrace cannabis. The book is priced at $95, but I ordered one, despite being promised a freebie for my volunteer help in proofreading it. I think that the hardcover edition of the book is going to become seriously rare, if you care about such things. I loved reading it.
Very nice! Did you help with the whole book, or specific sections? And, did you get acknowledgement?

M

Morpheus

I helped proof about approximately 80% of the book. It wasn't all that difficult, given the quality and amount of research that had already gone into the book. And I got an acknowledgement, which is very cool and a real honor.

Top Bottom