New Room 14 1000w De Air Cooled Light Set Up

• Thread starter Woodya08
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Woodya08

High,
Looking for advice on setting up multiple aircooled lights.
My room is 12 x 40 x 9ft ceiling
cinder block walls, 2x6 wood ceiling.
The plan is to hang 14 1000w Sunsystem A/C DE 8"in air cooled hoods.
Length ways in rows of 7.
I have two 48000 BTU mini splits for hvac
I was hoping to connect the lights in groups of 3 to 4 and cool by using10in centrifugal fans exhausting outside.
Where do I intake from?
Could I hook up 7 or 8 lights in a row and run a over sized centrifugal fan?
I do not have experience in a/c lights.
What are your thoughts?
How would you set it up?

I would run Gavitas, my concern is lack of ceiling height.
Pics attached
New room 14 1000w de air cooled light set up
New room 14 1000w de air cooled light set up 2

Hookah79

Hookah79

Did you buy the AC reflectors?
If you did i would rock em open glassed.
But you’re going to need 5k btu of cooling for each so that puts you at 9.6 lights per 48k btu ac.

On the other hand i would look for the 600/750 gavitas as people run em in shorter ceiling grows.From my understanding they put out enough light without bleaching your girls.

W

Woodya08

But you’re going to need 5k btu of cooling for each so that puts you at 9.6 lights per 48k btu ac.

On the other hand i would look for the 600/750 gavitas as people run em in shorter ceiling grows.From my understanding they put out enough light without bleaching your girls.

Man, was thinking that too.
No, I have the order together tho. Set up starts projected 1st week of August. Summers here get 105f and winters not too bad 15-10f rarely negative.I have 96k BTU cooling. Two 48k mini split I'll be in this place for 6 -8 months. Having another place built with 15ft ceiling going with 1k Gavitas in the new build.

My thinking is that the AC/De hoods offer the ability to be cooled if I did have issues. I don't want to get 750 Gavitas when I know I'll be ordering 30 1k Gavitas in 6 months. Maybe buy the 1k gavi and run 750 bulbs. Rocking the AC/DE with out glass is a consideration. Any down side to running with out glass?

Dbear180

Dbear180

They run better w/out the glass or being air cooled because they reach optimal running temp. Cool your room not your lights :)

W

Woodya08

They run better w/out the glass or being air cooled because they reach optimal running temp. Cool your room not your lights :)
Yes I agree. The situation is as such, any resolution?
I may reorientate, group them in 4 run cool speed controlled 10in fan intake from above and 10in exhaust out the side. What are your thoughts?
IMG 20180707 143329

W

Woodya08

U must not be familiar w air cooled de reflectors....? They dont cool the bulbs. I recommend u check em out b4 giving advice
These hoods have a space above the bulb the fans are suppose to remove the hot air from over the bulb not directly cool the nitrogen filled bulb.

G gnome

G gnome

These hoods have a space above the bulb the fans are suppose to remove the hot air from over the bulb not directly cool the nitrogen filled bulb.
Yep...im very familiar w em...r they the sunsystem ac/de reflectors?

W

Woodya08

I guess I'll have to wait and see. I'll get the space finished. I have two ideal air 48k mini split run up to 5 exchangers each in this room. The other two rooms are half the the size with the same units, maybe I can add an exchanger from the other room. If the room temp is good no glass needed I'll run them open If not I think exhausting out of the side would be best. I'll post pics next month.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Yes I agree. The situation is as such, any resolution?
I may reorientate, group them in 4 run cool speed controlled 10in fan intake from above and 10in exhaust out the side. What are your thoughts?View attachment 813905

With 8 tons of ac cooling 14 1ks you should be in the safe spectrum of temp control even with open hoods. I dont think you need to do anything. I've always run open hoods but that's just how I was taught.

I have friends who do smaller set ups & they swear by the vented hoods with the glass but they are in a small concentrated space. My preferred set up is multiple open light sources up higher & overlapping with a wide even pattern through the whole room, kinda like what your planning :)

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

5.5 on centers. I always finish with 3ft canopy to light unless I over veg a few days which happens.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

The back end of the gavita is on a hook and the front is on a small chain. My lights are set permanently at 9 ft. So it's all about how long I veg to maintain 3ft light distance. Sometimes I hit 2.5ft still without bleaching or anything other issues.

W

Woodya08

Thanks for the info. I really like the Gavitas. My limitedceiling space concerns me. I'll hold out until I get more ceiling. Hoping the room dials in with out glass and I don not have to air cool but it's nice to have as a back up plan. Most lights I've ran is 6 1k, it's been 10 years In a different location, just getting back in to it. Feed back is good. Thank you

Top Bottom